It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M8.0+ EQ in early Sept? (And why this is and isn't a precise prediction)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
We've all seen the 188 day cycle touted and debunked and adjusted and busted. I'm not here to promote such an idea, however the idea I'm suggesting IS based on a cyclical event.

That event is... or rather, events are... the equinoxes.

OK, so what's so special about the equinoxes? As the earth's wobble brings about seasonal changes in the moderate climates, the stress caused by this wobble affects the very core of the Earth, putting immense gravitational force at war with electromagnetic stasis.

This battle isn't always fierce, but when a particularly large interference occurs, the pressure will find its way out one way or another. This could be through volcanic eruption, undersea or terrestrial, and/or significant seismic activity.

The seismic activity around the equinoxes (+/- 15 or so days) in recent history almost makes a predictable pattern.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

The last 3 big ones were around the Northern hemisphere's vernal equinox. The previous 3 to those were around the NH's autumnal equinox.

My guess is we'll see an 8.0+ earthquake somewhere around the Ring of Fire between Aug 25th - Sept 17th.

I know,it's a wide window with no location given, but honestly, I'd rather be wrong about this. The tsunami potential is present, and we all know how delicate the situation is in Japan.

This isn't about being right and thumping my chest, this is about analyzing data and understanding the way the Earth responds to internal forces. This is about awareness and preparedness.

If I can save even one life by presenting this prediction/analysis, it was all worth the ridicule I'm anticipating.

Stay strong, brothers and sisters... we could be in for a nasty shake in the very near future.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Nice, interesting post here. You have clearly done your homework on seismic activity and how it works. I need to learn from this when generating my own posts. Keep us updated on anything else you find.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
A quick update which may be of relevance to this thread. I have just received a facebook message from a friend who is based near Melbourne in Australia. She tells me that a magnitude 7.5 hit off Melbourne about a month to 6 weeks ago. Her house shook for 30 seconds and she was pretty scared by that.

Now thats quite a big one, hmmn wonder if the big one is coming?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by fossy

Thanks for the reply, and keep us updated on the situation in Melbourne if you can! Hopefully your friend is in an area where tsunami warnings can be made in advance should there be a big quake.

I've been overly critical of EQ predictions in the past, which led me to study and observe worldwide trends. The Sumatra quakes earlier this year might be the most severe for 2012, but I wouldn't take the chances of being around the coasts for awhile if able.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by fossy
A quick update which may be of relevance to this thread. I have just received a facebook message from a friend who is based near Melbourne in Australia. She tells me that a magnitude 7.5 hit off Melbourne about a month to 6 weeks ago. Her house shook for 30 seconds and she was pretty scared by that.

Now thats quite a big one, hmmn wonder if the big one is coming?

Really ? 7.5 EQ happened and it wasn't reported anywhere ? that might be a little difficult to hide

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by taws6

Explanation: It was 5.5'ish and was felt by an Australian ATS member, Cobzz, in melbourne, while they were in ATS Chat, when it hit!

I am in Canberra several 100km's to the north and didn't feel anything but I was in chat at that time and I can confirm that it did happen but not at the magnitude claimed by the lady that fossy mentions.

Personal Disclosure: There was at least one major thread on ATS about it. I shall try source and post that asap.

Edited to add the ATS thread ...

Breaking News Earthquake in Vic Australia (by easybreezy posted on 19-6-2012 @ 06:01 AM) [ATS]

5.2 120Ks from melbourne

edit on 10-8-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add extra information and link.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
We've all seen the 188 day cycle touted and debunked and adjusted and busted. I'm not here to promote such an idea, however the idea I'm suggesting IS based on a cyclical event.

That event is... or rather, events are... the equinoxes.

OK, so what's so special about the equinoxes? As the earth's wobble brings about seasonal changes in the moderate climates, the stress caused by this wobble affects the very core of the Earth, putting immense gravitational force at war with electromagnetic stasis.

This battle isn't always fierce, but when a particularly large interference occurs, the pressure will find its way out one way or another. This could be through volcanic eruption, undersea or terrestrial, and/or significant seismic activity.

The seismic activity around the equinoxes (+/- 15 or so days) in recent history almost makes a predictable pattern.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

The last 3 big ones were around the Northern hemisphere's vernal equinox. The previous 3 to those were around the NH's autumnal equinox.

My guess is we'll see an 8.0+ earthquake somewhere around the Ring of Fire between Aug 25th - Sept 17th.

I know,it's a wide window with no location given, but honestly, I'd rather be wrong about this. The tsunami potential is present, and we all know how delicate the situation is in Japan.

This isn't about being right and thumping my chest, this is about analyzing data and understanding the way the Earth responds to internal forces. This is about awareness and preparedness.

If I can save even one life by presenting this prediction/analysis, it was all worth the ridicule I'm anticipating.

Stay strong, brothers and sisters... we could be in for a nasty shake in the very near future.

Interesting that today I predicted a date of 31 August as one of significance, before I read this. Lets wait and see what happens.

top topics

join