It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops All Over Brooklyn Streets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It just hit me to post this on ATS so I'm not sure if the "issue" has been taken care of.

So about 4 hours ago I was walking through 5th avenue of the Sunset Park and Bay Ridge areas of Brooklyn. In Sunset Park, there were 2 cops on a corner of every street, and cop cars, and vans on every block in the Bay Ridge area, along with a few extra vans and officers on corners in Bay Ridge. Never seen that many cops spread out along 40+ blocks. Had to be over a hundred cops. There were no special events in the area, just a normal day. Can't seem to find any news or information regarding what's going on out here. I'll add that a few days ago the power seemed to go out. Street lights all went off for about 30 seconds, cable box shut off. The TV and Computer stood powered, while the lights in the apartment dimmed, also happened to my Father 20 blocks away from me. A few minutes later my sister spoke with her friend that lives on the 20th floor of a building 2 blocks away and she said something about the Army Terminal about 10 blocks away being on fire. I honestly don't know if any of this ties to why there are hundreds of police officers standing guard on every single block but something isn't right.
edit on 7-8-2012 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

What is a Level 1 response?

These are the tactical alerts that have recently gone out for the NYPD. The top one is showing across the buroughs.

(Source)
Could that be what triggered all the police?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I personally don't know what a Level 1 Response is. Judging by the things on that list, I'd easily be sure that it wouldn't cause 100+ officers to be spread out, on foot and car, on a main avenue for 40+ blocks, within 2 neighborhoods. Plus, don't forget that this is only what I saw. Who knows if there are more cops throughout the Brooklyn area.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

It does seem very odd... Hmm.. Well if someone has the spare time to spend with it, the site there also has the live audio feeds for most of the NYPD and New York City Emergency services structure. They have to be saying something, somewhere if it's big. How interesting..... I wish I lived there. Heck, one could always just walk up and ask? If their bored and counting cracks on the sidewalk, they may be happy to talk all about it just to pass time?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Get a police scanner on your phone..,? If i have time i'll go on the brooklyn scanner and chime in

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Can u document the scence? Go get pics? Video?

Are they still out there? I read all your post but that part confunzzled me...lol

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Isent that just everyday Operation Impact stuff? You know where they take the rookies fresh out of the Academy and make them walk foot posts in Brooklyn and the Bronx?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just a question, but did you ask the cops what was going on?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I would go out and look about recording some video if I wasn't so lazy to go back out and walk in the heat.

And to anyone asking if I asked why they were there, I didn't. I went about my business and just observed. To be honest I was in shock to see that many cops that I didn't even have the nerve to ask and just blew it off. Me and my Dad just talked about it with each other as we walked trying to figure out what it might be, but that's about all we did. I kinda regret not asking because now I'm a little worried and anxious to find out what happened. Hopefully someone in the area noticed it as well and has some info.

CX

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I wonder of the police use the same emergency codes as the Disaster services?

Functions of the Level 1 Emergency Response Teams

The Level 1 Emergency Response Teams serve as the chapter's first on-the-scene contact with disaster situations. The teams provide initial response to Level 1 disasters (e.g.: Single Family Fires) by providing Emergency Assistance to Families. If the disaster requires additional functions, then the Disaster Action Team (DAT) will be activated.

Source: Level 1 Emergency Response Teams and the Disaster Action Team

CX.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
To my knowledge a 1 Alarm Fire is just a small one, compared to something like a 5 Alarm. A 1 Alarm means the resources of 1 entire station must respond to put it out, I believe, and a 5 Alarm is pulling the resources of 5 neighboring stations together to put out a HUGE fire. I know this cause I live in Utah, and it's fire season right now...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
On this one, the level 1 was the first line on the display I posted at the top. You have to scroll sideways to read the rest (I know some can't on some phones and such). "Level 1 Mobilization called" and the situation described was 2 black male juviniles missing. No crime mentioned.. Just missing.

Kinda seems odd to have that shoot across the entire city isn't it? I mean how many millions are there in NYC? Is it normal to call a tactical alert over 2 male kids (I don't know how race matters..but the alert said it so I did) simply missing?

Oh Well.. Breaking News also had a short piece I caught while up at my son's school about 'NYPD thanks twitter for cooperation during a Broadway Theater threat' of some kind. It was a twitter size update so I didn't see more at the time?

top topics

join