It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rare beauty found within Google street view

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I found these pictures and was taken back by the natural beauty unintentionally captured by Googles streetview car!

It is not often when browsing through
Google street view that you come across
anything of real beauty but Aaron Hobson
has found some rather rare examples of
what the Google car cam has caught while
traveling around the world.
I wish I could upload the pictures up here for you guys but I'm on my phone and cannot

Awesome pictures are here!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
While some of those are indeed beautiful, I can't see all of them being legit.

Back alleys, caves etc.

Maybe...But I have a few doubts.

Thanks tho...SnF

Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
While some of those are indeed beautiful, I can't see all of them being legit.

Back alleys, caves etc.

Maybe...But I have a few doubts.

Thanks tho...SnF

Peace

I didn't see any caves? To me it looks like a bunch of hell hole places to live. I love nature but thses places are not nature mostly cruddy sad poor places.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I remember seeing a list of the funniest/weirdest images caught by Google street view cars. That was damn hilarious. I'm sure you could find it with a Google search.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I love nature but thses places are not nature mostly cruddy sad poor places.

You obviously completely missed the point and your comment only demonstrates how limited your idea of beauty is.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Beauty is subjective, and as I always say, one man's sacred cow is another man's hamburger. I've noticed there aren't any pics from the UK. Why is that, I wonder?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
Beauty is subjective, and as I always say, one man's sacred cow is another man's hamburger. I've noticed there aren't any pics from the UK. Why is that, I wonder?

Haha

I assume most of the UK pics involve young people making gun signs at the camera. That's what I did when I saw the cam car anyway haha.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Originally posted by XeroOne

Haha

I assume most of the UK pics involve young people making gun signs at the camera. That's what I did when I saw the cam car anyway haha.

Google car be burnt out by East Twickenham crew, innit? Respect!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

You obviously completely missed the point and your comment only demonstrates how limited your idea of beauty is.

Guess it comes from being raised in ugly poverty in a miserable place.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

And I guess short-sighted ignorance comes from living in a wasteful selfish unsympathetic war-mongering corporatocracy whilst believing that you actually live in a beautiful free moral place that is guided by the hand of God.

And just for the record me and probably everyone else in this thread can see the beauty in these images but all of us are probably living in 1st world nations. So nice try buddy, but you're wrong. Maybe one day you will be able to see.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

And I guess short-sighted ignorance comes from living in a wasteful selfish unsympathetic war-mongering corporatocracy whilst believing that you actually live in a beautiful free moral place that is guided by the hand of God.

And just for the record me and probably everyone else in this thread can see the beauty in these images but all of us are probably living in 1st world nations. So nice try buddy, but you're wrong. Maybe one day you will be able to see.

???????????
I am sorry but the people living in these back alleys probably do NOT see them as beautiful!
I am an artist and live on the beautiful coast of CA. i was however raised in extreme poverty in an alley here in the USA.

As ZeroOne said above "Beauty is subjective, and as I always say, one man's sacred cow is another man's hamburger.'
Surely i have a right to express my feelings and opinions as well as you do! Oh yeah without being put down!

There is beauty in kindness also, maybe you are wearing the blinders!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I am sorry but the people living in these back alleys probably do NOT see them as beautiful!
Again your comments only serve to indicate how blind you are to the beauty of these images. It's not that the places are particularly beautiful to live in, it's that these images capture a certain quality and atmosphere which lingers in these places, the lighting and backdrop of these images shine through. It's about embracing and understanding how life operates all around the vast planet and the hardships endured by these people and the innovative yet elegant solutions that help them survive day by day. One would easily mistake these pictures for professional photography captured by people who spend countless hours trying to get the perfect atmosphere and feeling in their picture. Google was able to capture these because they spent countless hours taking millions and millions of pictures all around the world.

I am an artist
You clearly lack any ability to determine what true art is, so some how I doubt that... but if you are you might want to explore other career paths.

Surely i have a right to express my feelings and opinions as well as you do! Oh yeah without being put down!
Actually you were the negative nancy who first decided to pop into the thread and degrade the OP's opinion and the images presented by claiming they were useless ugly trash. So stop being a hypocrite.

There is beauty in kindness also, maybe you are wearing the blinders!
I can obviously see the beauty in kindness and the beauty of nice clean places where the people are prosperous and happy... I can see both sides of the picture where as you are truly and utterly blind to see the beauty in images such as those presented by the OP, and it really speaks volumes. Try opening up your mind to the more subtle beauties in life... maybe then you'll be able to develop into a real artist.
edit on 3/8/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Thank you for your kind opinions as to my art and abilities...I have sold my art to people whose names you would recognize and who know a lot more about art then you clearly do. I have also sold many photographs in the past before becoming a sculptor.
As like all beauty it is in the eye of the beholder and all have their right to an opinion and their own tastes and to express them.

They have the right to express their opinions of the thread not of the people on the thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

A nice find, OP. I also visited the nine eyes link on that page. The pics really do capture the essence of a place though, some sad, some funny and some really fascinating. Whoever captured these must have the patience of Job! I find street view incredibly frustrating to use.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

LOL ... the amount of anger, hate and disrespect spewing from your post shows me you have a warped sense of beauty and also some kind of superiority complex.

The pictures may be artistic. Like when a photographer takes black and white photos of homeless people. That doesn't make the scene "beautiful". Those places are ghetto and you need a reality check.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Wow... I'm guessing you had a bad day or something? And went for the go-to method of taking out your trash on random strangers on the internet who cannot punch your lights out for being a snobby stuck up jackass? Reeeal manly bro...

Just because somebody has a different opinion than you does not give you any reason to go off the deep end like that. The person you ridiculed with your fancy way of talking, (i.e. "again your comments only serve to indicate..." and this gem, "your comment only demonstrates how limited your idea of..." Don't forget the super snooty voice lol) did nothing to insult the op. They also did not call the pictures "useless ugly trash" as you accused them of doing. You know what that's called, right? Lying. You, sir, are a rude liar who really needs to study up on the beauty of kindness.

As in kindness towards other people. Especially innocent harmless people who have done nothing to harm or insult anyone at all.

I can understand how some people would think these images are beautiful. I could also understand how some people might think otherwise. I can also understand how some people might consider some of them to be beautiful, some of them to be only somewhat beautiful, and others to not be beautiful at all. Not everyone is a professional photographer so excuse the #$%& out of me...

Not everyone is gonna appreciate the beauty in poverty...

I once had a court date and while I was waiting for the proceedings to begin, the prosecuting attorney for the state was chatting with someone, maybe a court assistant of some type... She was talking about her trip to some eastern country that was once a part of the Soviet Union I think, and she was comparing this recent trip with a trip she had taken some time ago, maybe the 80s I'm guessing? But she was all bummed out because her recent visit wasn't as interesting as it was back when the place was under extreme poverty. She talked about going into grocery stores and seeing only one loaf of bread on the shelf, and how "neat" that was. I just about puked in my mouth.

I bet the residents of such areas don't think its "beautiful" or "neat" or whatever... no matter how freaking PROFESSIONAL the goddamn photography was!!! So again, excuse the !@#$ outta me!

The bottom line is... Respect other people's right to an opinion, and don't transfer someone's opinion of an image to their opinion of the person presenting the image and therefore, take it as an insult. And yeah, there's a lot more regarding your treatment of others, but I don't feel qualified to help you with every one of your deep-seeded emotional issues that pop out of you like Mr. Hyde everytime you have a bad day! Seek a professional... photographer. Maybe if they can capture the perfect lighting, your behavior will seem beautiful... maybe. Like to that prosecutor I was telling you about. She might think you're real "neat", when you go on a tirade against some random person. Personally I'm less than amused.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Really Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

touch-episodes.info... , white-collar.otavo.tv...

new topics

top topics

join