It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Well theres your problem rite there" Snake in HVAC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Man alive, I would not of wanted to be the person that made this service call!!
Guess snakes are looking for a place to "chill out" in this heat wave too!!
Found this posted on reddit.com under "I work in HVAC and got a call that an a/c wasnt working" which linked to imgur images here posted by Piratefelix.
He has three pics there - this is only one of them:

Seems other people have had "snake in the AC" issues also:
Snake Killed by Air Conditioner blog post
"Snake vs Air Conditioner" blog post
Note to self: If AC quits working make hubby go check, armed with pistol or really big machete

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SCGrits

Yep, you never know where you're going to find them, they're very good at hiding in strange places. I love snakes and handling them, just not crazy about the ones that kill ya.

Here's a vid one of my riding buddies sent me a while back, the guy seemed to handle the situation quite well. I think it's a milk snake (harmless to humans), none the less, it would have had my full attention.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
That looks like a copperhead! I hope it was dead.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

OMG!!! Your bud is definitely the living definition of grace of under pressure! I've rode bikes before and if one of those guys came slithering out of the cowling and over the tank like that .......whoa baby!

We've snakes all around here being farm country, mostly rat snakes, so I've kind of gotten used to them. The one that rattled us the most was the rat snake that was draped thru chain link fence surrounding the dog pen (dog wasn't inside the pen thank god). It was right at the gate at shoulder/hand level. My partner went to open the gate, not looking 'cause he was sidetracked by something else and put his hand right on the darn thing!!! Heard him yelp all the way across the yard where I was working in the garden! I was just glad that it happened to him and not me. They would've had to take me to the ER for a heart attack!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 00018GE

That's what I was thinking. Yeah he was dead, looks like he fried himself on some sort of capacitor or relay and killed the AC unit in the process. You can see the scorch marks on the red wire if you go to the original photo on the imgur link

new topics

top topics

join