It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is cannibalism slowly and secretly on the rise?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Before I get on to my point, let me tell you all a quick story.

My cousin works as a receptionist at a fairly large hospital here in Illinois. She's the person that you go to in the emergency room, tell her what's wrong, then you sit in the waiting room until you are taken in.

Well the other day, a man walked into the emergency room and right up to her desk. The man looked her in the eyes, and then stuck his finger is his mouth. Then he bit it off. The entire finger. Clean off. And then he just chewed on his finger while he stared my cousin in the eyes, and then he swallowed it.

My cousin immediately went into shock and was admitted into the hospital herself, but shes okay now.

Now to my point....

You won't hear about this unless you know someone involved, or you're reading my post right now. It's not on the news, which isn't really a surprise, but you can't find any reports of it on the internet no matter how many different ways you search for it.

And this gets me thinking -- How often does this crap happen? The only reason I know about this incident was because a family member was involved. So maybe things like this happen all the time, and only the major incidents appear in the media (like the face-eater in Miami or that woman that ate her own baby a while back).

Is mindless cannibalism on the rise?

If anybody has heard any stories like this that weren't reported on the news or internet, then I would love to hear about them and see if we can get an idea of how often these events really happen. Maybe something's wrong.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Very interesting story.

You should add it to this thread: Compiled list of people eating people

ETA: I added a link to this thread on the other one.
edit on 1-8-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Your story distracted me from the real topic.
Could you actually chew your finger and swallow it, bones and all?

ETA:
I get you could bite it off, sure. But chewing the bone?
edit on 1-8-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Your story distracted me from the real topic.
Could you actually chew your finger and swallow it, bones and all?

Honestly, I didn't think so. But this story is true, so I guess you can. I guess if you bite it at a joint then it wouldn't be too difficult to bite completely off.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
My Answer would be : No

The recent so called “cannibalistic” attacks have been hyped up beyond measure. There are dozens of threads attempting to explain the reasoning behind these attacks and what these event mean. I can tell you with a high degree of certainty that the number of “cannibalistic” attacks are not on the rise….However I would agree the number of “crazy” people seems to be on the rise.

It is important to distinguish between “Cannibalism” and “Biting”. The Jaw is quite a powerful part of your body and in some cases can be more effective in inflicting damage then your fists.

The media has taken a few instances of attacks involving so called “Cannibalism” and made headlines around the world, which is their job and how they make their money.

Connect the dots.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by faint1993

Originally posted by faint1993

Well the other day, a man walked into the emergency room and right up to her desk. The man looked her in the eyes, and then stuck his finger is his mouth. Then he bit it off. The entire finger. Clean off. And then he just chewed on his finger while he stared my cousin in the eyes, and then he swallowed it.

Nothing personal, but I cannot believe that to be true, simply because you said it is. Do you have anything at all that might help to verify this claim?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yes, I've been wondering the same. Just how much is out there that we don't know about. I've seen things in the past few months in public that warrant some type of news story that is never reported. The amount of crazy things on the "telly" that we see today + the combined amount of unspecified stories is really frightening!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Nothing personal, but I cannot believe that to be true, simply because you said it is. Do you have anything at all that might help to verify this claim?

Unfortunately, no. That's my problem here. You can't find a single thing about it on the internet, and it's not like my cousin was snapping pictures while it happened. You don't have to believe it, but is it really that hard to believe?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I don't think it's so much of cannibalism being on the rise as it is the media jumping on controversial stories to divert our focus from more important issues- like what the heck are our governments doing now?

I think there are probably numerous incidences like what happened to your cousin every day. They're just not as attention grabbing as someone eating somebody's face or eating their own baby. The stories the MSM pushes the most are the most controversial ones that grab the viewers attention.

It's kind of like it was in ancient Roman times. Give the people shows of blood and gore and they wont pay attention to what the emperor and the senate are doing. Therefore the MSM functions for all purposes the same as the colleseum during the Roman times.

That's my take on it anyway.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Unfortunately, no. That's my problem here. You can't find a single thing about it on the internet, and it's not like my cousin was snapping pictures while it happened.
There are several video camera's in and around the Emergency Room area of the Hospital. If I had been in that position, and this had occurred directly in front of me, I guarantee I would have had a copy of the video, before I left the grounds.

You don't have to believe it, but is it really that hard to believe?
That doesn't matter. I question everything. I never believe anything, simply because someone told me it was true. The Gullibility Pandemic affects billions of people, all around the world. I have many problems, but that is just not one of them.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Thats how fallen angels works .. they like to play prank like the joker would do
this person was possessed and when he will be back in his body
he will not understand why he have a missing finger

Demons only possesse the confuse souls to teach them a "lesson"
while playing with their victim .. yes they are trully evil

thanks for sharing op

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Aw shucks. A small part of me was hoping that this thread would reveal that cannibalism is indeed on the rise, somewhere. So that I don't have to wait until the doctor tells me I have 3 months to live, or I find myself on a deserted Island with soon to be dead people, before I go ahead and take the plunge of enjoying one of the other pleasures of the flesh: consuming it.

But whatevs'. I'm in no rush. I already have too many other things on my plate as it is.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
delete
edit on 9/9/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Cannibalism is not on the rise, its just the hate media trying to keep you in fear and paranoia.

Now who wants to come round for BBQ'ed Long-Pig?

new topics

top topics

join