It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So What Would You Do if Everything Collapsed Tomorrow?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilverStarGazer

Originally posted by Expat888
only bad thing is once it does collapse is that we will probably end up with refugees from the west trying to come to asia...

Just out of curiosity... What gives you the idea that people would start heading to Asia? How would that even be possible? I could be grossly misinformed but I've been studying sites like ATS as well as survival groups and blogs across the Internet for about 7 years now and never once have I seen anyone indicate that as soon as TSHTF they're plan of action is to hightail it to Shanghai... Again, I admit this could be a huge oversight on my part, and all sarcasm aside if I am wrong by all means please enlighten me.

Oh so eagerly awaiting your response...

already seen an influx of europeans and australians coming to asia ... along with more americans than seen in past coming to asia ... easy to spot westerners they stick out like sore thumbs here ... if they acted like tha aussies it wouldnt be bad as the aussies all ok ... the americans on the other hand been rude .. obnoxious and constantly whinging about things here ... its amazing what one hears when people think you dont understand their language ...
edit on 2/8/12 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu causing havoc...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

If we all decide to work together we can actually change our current Modus Operandi and one that could allow us all to live happier lives, but the question remains "What would you personally do?"

RT

edit on 1-8-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

Personally I try and put as little emphasis on money as possible. I understand as we stand as a nation it is important so we can pay rent and eat and buy ourselves toys, but if the money system failed IMO it would be a great day and the start of a great new era. People would have to learn to be happy without money and being happy without anything material allows you to be happy at anytime you choose. Don't ground yourself on something unstable (money) instead ground yourself on something solid that will always exist as long as you do like the beauty of nature. Stop and smell the roses, you will be glad you did.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

So What Would You Do if Everything Collapsed Tomorrow

If everything collapsed and didn't come back up and running, then I wouldn't be able to get my Plaquinel which I have to take for my autoimmune disease. Without it, I simply can't function. Most likely within a few days of it running out I'd get myself to the Cmdr Barry Bridge in Philly and jump off into the Delaware river.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Pretty arrogant , neither I nor anyone else I know has any desire to move across the ocean. I can stay put which is exactly what I would do.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'd try to survive and help whoever I could.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Here is what I find interesting about many of the comments here.

Many of the ATS members seem to think that if the financial system collapsed chaos would follow, but what would be interesting is if it actually didn't, and people reacted the complete opposite.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Many of the ATS members seem to think that if the financial system collapsed chaos would follow, but what would be interesting is if it actually didn't, and people reacted the complete opposite.

Well its a given that major metro areas would be quite active, near me the city of Detroit is basically collapsed already. Any bump in the road would cause it to completely implode. I am far enough away that I would be secure, and since a lot of us on ATS are already awake you will get these answers. If your answers were more like laughing and telling you that would never happen, those people would be in trouble.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Here is what I find interesting about comments on ATS when it comes to this subject ... I am DISGUSTED with the glee with which people view a collapse of civilization. What the heck is WRONG with the people here?!?! Don't you get it? There are literally billions of people who would painfully die from starvation and disease ... and untold numbers of oprhans that would be created ... and the abuse of those children by the survivors would be horrifying ... and the nuclear plants would melt down because the engineers and protection grids would be gone, and this would cause the survivors around the world to get radiation poisoning and/or cancer. Neither of which could be cured because there won't be medicines to do so. And of the very few left alive on the planet, simple childhood illness and simple infections will KILL those left.

Don't you gleeful-about-the-end people understand the SUFFERING that would come from a full collapse?

All of you out there looking at this with glee remind me of that kid in the last Bruce Willis Die Hard movie. He was a computer geek and was all excited about a 'reset' end of the world fire sale ... until he saw the horror of what it would mean. :shk:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

FF I am with you 100%.

I don't understand why people want chaos or expect chaos to ensue.

I would never want to see the masses suffer anymore than they already are with their day to day lives currently. I am hoping that if something big does transpire it will bring about instant positive change.

I know it's seem a bit like I am wearing the proverbial rose colored glasses, but I have seen and experienced enough sorrow, pain and misery for a 100 lifetimes.

I am a true believer in the Law's of Attraction and have completely changed my life around by apply it.

“You must be the change you want to see in the world.” - Gandhi

Peace out,

RT

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

To be honest, I (as other people have stated) would just stay home and work in my garden and around my house. There's not really anything else I could do about it. I feel like money is just a means to an end... and the end is "stuff"... and I don't care about "stuff".

I have very useful hands and a nimble mind, so, I'm not particularly worried. I think that the folks who know how to live off the land and how to be farmers and how to actually do tradeskills will be just fine. To be honest, it is the people who know how to share and cooperate and help others who will have the easiest time of survival. I agree that a barter system (time for supplies) would go into effect, and life would continue in whatever manner it could.

As for nuclear meltdowns and world-wide starvation: there's nothing I can do about that. There's no point in worrying about it. What I CAN do is help the people in my immediate vicinity to survive. So, that's what I would do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join