It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with ATS ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I know this isn't the forum for this. yet I see no general forum. My question is this. and please let me follow up before deleting this thread if you're an admin.. sorry for asking here but I didn't know how else to ask.

Anyways here is my Q: I tried to link a imageshack photo for my Avatar. It usually helps people identify you easier than just being a text name. people usually identify with visuals more than the name itself (OK i have no data to prove that.. perhaps just a self experienced thing).. I clicked the link it tells me to. it takes me to a video news log but not a menu page to upload my photo directly to the ATS site itself. Why not just have a feature like most forum boards to have option A: link URL or B: straight upload. My User Menu doesn't have this option. OK thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Click on TOOLS+, then ATS Uploads button.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Click on Tools+ and ATS uploads.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
OPs question is answered, ill put this thread to further use:

Mods, I've tried to edit 2 posts today, each 3 hours after posting, and it tells me 4 hours have lapsed even though they haven't, I have used the complaint button, but I've received no help as of yet, and one of the posts has now actually lapsed 4 hours, I have 20 mins left on the other... Can I receive help please..

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stew4media

I didn't even read your actual question/2nd paragraph, but here are a couple other tips...

In the middle of that blue bar right up there ↑↑↑↑, If you click Forums, it will take you to a page with several different Forum Categories/Groups.

There are around 100(+/-) different individual types of Forums, on that page.

2 in particular that you may find helpful, are the Board Business & Questions Forum,, and the ATS Freshman's Forum.

There will be many answers already there, to questions which you may have in the future. However, the hard part is finding them, and at times may seem dam near impossible.

So no harm done by asking.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
OPs question is answered, ill put this thread to further use:

Mods, I've tried to edit 2 posts today, each 3 hours after posting, and it tells me 4 hours have lapsed even though they haven't, I have used the complaint button, but I've received no help as of yet, and one of the posts has now actually lapsed 4 hours, I have 20 mins left on the other... Can I receive help please..

#1. It's a flat-out blatant lie. It is only 2 hours. It is always 2 hours. Why? I dunno, but it is....

#2. Use the 'Alert'. Not sure if that is what you meant by 'Complaint', but that gives you the best/quickest chances of a Mod reading it.

If you use the 'Alert' that is in the dropdown menu, under your mini-profile, to the left of the post that you wanna edit, they will automatically receive a direct link to that specific post, along with whatever you type.

Any Mod online at the time, should be able to see it............ Whether they help you or not, well, that probably depends on whether or not they feel like it, at the time. Well, that and of course it depends on what it actually is that you're wanting changed/edited.

Regardless, that will probably give you the best chance for getting assistance.

edit on 7/30/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Complaint/alert... One and the same I get told most times...

The Edit function is seriously annoying, why has it got a limit anyway? And a false one at that?

The first post I needed to edit was quite important, as I may have posted something without the correct consent

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I received your complaint but I am at a loss as to what it is you would like me too do to help?

If it is past time for you too edit, regardless of whether the timing is correct or not, (Not the issue here) you can not edit the post

What is it you would like for me to do?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

Complaint/alert... One and the same I get told most times...
Personally, I just don't look at it that way, but I'm sure many do view it as basically being a 'Snitch Button'.

I'm fairly certain of this, but not 100%, so I'll give myself a 1% chance of being wrong lol...anyways, I think that there is some sort of special type of 'Forum' (for lack of a better word), that shows all the Alerts, so that is just the best way to reach any Mod online, at the time.

The Edit function is seriously annoying, why has it got a limit anyway? And a false one at that?

That's actually a good thing. If there wasn't a limit, then every time someone won an argument, the loser of that argument might go back and completely change all of their posts.

The first post I needed to edit was quite important, as I may have posted something without the correct consent
Did you explain what it was, that you wanted edited?
or did you just ask if they could make it so that you could edit it?

I've only done it a couple times, but it did work, and a Mod just edited the post for me. Both times, it was for minor fixes. Nothing real important, as far as completely changing the flow of the discussion, but was just quick fixes that were bugging me.

But I'm sure there are many variables.
Which Mods are online....
Their current mood....
If they're busy or bored....
If they feel it is necessary... etc.. etc....

Ask nicely. lol

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Well, if it says you have 4 hours to edit, you exspect 4 hours to edit.

I thought mods were supposed to help in those situations?

I suppose it doednt matter now, ill think twice before posting in future.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I thought mods were supposed to help in those situations?

Not sure how to say this any better or different

WHAT would you like me too do?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Sorry, I thought you were going to tell me there was a glitch interfering with the edit, ill take my chances on leaving it up now, thanks all the same .

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies and help everyone!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Was guilty of drunk posting last night, apologies!

top topics

join