It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church Military Protest Countered By Zombie Demonstrators (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Westboro Baptist Church Military Protest Countered By Zombie Demonstrators (VIDEO)

&action_type_map=[%224346620188327%22 %3A%22news.reads%22%2C%2210151297284268275%22%3A%22news]www.huffingtonpost.com

About 300 counter-protesters showed up in varying degrees of zombie garb, far outnumbering the picketers from Westboro. According to KIRO in Seattle, just eight protesters from the controversial group showed up.

"I think that their message is very hateful, and Jesus was not a hateful person. He loved everybody," one of the counter-protesters told KIRO.

While it is unclear why Westboro Baptist Church targeted the DuPont military base for its latest effort, the group frequently pickets military funerals. The group believes that deaths in Afghanistan and Iraq are God's punishment for the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yes! This is exactly what needs to be done to these trolls. Troll them harder, drown them out. No need to shut them up, like some people suggest, just make sure they are never in the spotlight, ever again. Wouldn't be an issue if the idiots on MSM didn't keep putting them on the news, but we know the MSM is never about doing the right thing. They just care about ratings.

&action_type_map=[%224346620188327%22 %3A%22news.reads%22%2C%2210151297284268275%22%3A%22news]www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
That's pretty funny stuff. It's about time people starting upping the ante,on trolling these folks in public. Hopefully it continues!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I despise Westboro Baptist Church and I especially despise the way they have made some folks look at Christianity...

I would be ok with anyone doing "almost" anything to get these folks to crawl back in their holes.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Dressing up like zombies to protest the WBC is another form of feeding the trolls. It just gives them even more media attention. I don't get it.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

They left off the following line from the article:

"...as the zombies apparently all went home, still hungry, still looking to feast on brains being that none were available from the hate-mongers."

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Dressing up like zombies to protest the WBC is another form of feeding the trolls. It just gives them even more media attention. I don't get it.

I doubt that it is the kind of media attention they are looking for.It's not the kind that gets people up in arms against them. I think if more people were to make them feel as though we don't take them seriously and that they are a joke,they may just continue to fizzle out.They love to be hated,not made fun of.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This was a great idea. the westboro guys want people to get angry at them and cause violence so it looks like their message has some validity behind it. If their protests are just getting drowned out buy people dressed as zombies and other crazy things they might just go away. i for one want to see furries invade their next protest. or maybe stage a gay pride rally next door
edit on 29-7-2012 by MastaShake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

I agree, the media attention is what they crave.
I say starve the $%#@ers.
It is a shame that anyone knows who these bigots are.
I do not agree with out wars but I would never dream of pulling off any of the crap they do.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If you want to defeat Westboro then you need to defeat all theists.
At least they actually follow the bible unlike just pretending too and cherry picking.
edit on 30-7-2012 by HumanCondition because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition
If you want to defeat Westboro then you need to defeat all theists.
At least they actually follow the bible unlike just pretending too and cherry picking.
edit on 30-7-2012 by HumanCondition because: (no reason given)

Correct. The only difference between WBC and other conservatives is that WBC takes its stance to a logical end. While other conservatives hate gays, WBC goes further and translates that hate into action.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

This is hilarious, and though I don't support 99% of the religious quack protests. I agree... God is punishing americans for what they have and are doing around the world.

This is amazing though!!! I'm going to try to organize as many of these as possible to hit up their Anti-abortion protests, anti-gay, and anti gay-marriage protests. This is a brilliant idea!!! ten million win points.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

As long as you keep giving them attention they will be there. If you want to really piss them off, pretend they dont exist.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I bet this is one of the few things posters on the forum can agree on, WBC is evil.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Would be nice if it was up to us. We aren't the ones that put those fools on TV everytime they go picketing their nonesense. That is why I like the idea of drowning them out, in any way possible. Have them totally marginalized. It would piss them off to be a sideline to other craziness going on. They should start organizing massive gay pride protests everywhere they picket. That would be even more hilarious.

top topics

join