It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going underground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
In time people will realize they cannot live above ground anymore. They are the souls who have a dream or a truth which in time will become the dominant truth on this planet. They can be anyone, scientists, religious, joe average but in time they will come forward with their calculations and will convince everyone on the planet life on the surface will in time be unsustainable.

They will unite countries and tell humanity to go underground, huge places will be built much like the abandoned missile silo's (only much larger) which have been rebuild as habitats. The reason for this is the severe pollution which will affect every living thing's DNA making it unable to sustain life. Flora and fauna will survive but for the next thousands of years people will not be healthy enough anymore to do the things they want to do and what many are doing.

I can already see all countries dropping everything they are doing in a matter of weeks coming together to design the habitats, some choose the one big missile silo and others choose to build a lot of smaller ones. Some of the cities will be well defended and surrounded by mines, proximity detectors and single entrances to the surface with a lot of automated guns so any trespasser will be dealt with.

The towns have but one goal, to research and come up with spaceships in a desperate attempt to either find other civilizations willing to help or a new planet to continue humanities dream. The towns are partly driven by above ground facilities burning all the wood that remains which by then is unusable because of pollution particles. The surface is also dotted with solar power arrays and windmills which are maintained by robots operated underground. There I can see scientists running their calculations and inventing new things with their computers.

There are also many underground hydroponics all running on artificial sunlight but also the original farming methods are being used to feed the population. Every single object is accounted for, that is there are huge server parks containing databases where all information about everything in the underground towns are stored. All resources are counted and used for different things to sustain the habitat and eventually to built robots, satellites and spaceships. Everything is regulated, there is really no police or anyone with weapons, nor crimes, conflicts are still there but they are resolved in different ways without intervention of police.

There is an economy but it isn't anything like Wall street. A huge computer program decides which resources are used for what purpose. There is a voting system like the internet for those cases when the computer program has insufficient programming to make a verdict.

For relaxation there are mostly movies and sports of all kinds. All the sports only possible on the surface like paragliding are not there. There is something like a bungee jump device at the top of the city but only those with perks are eligible to make an appointment to experience it.

Everyone in those towns have jobs. There are huge facilities which build all kinds of things and people are just put to work. There is education but no more different levels like there are now. Everyone will be able to understand what is being taught and the average education level is quite high. Reasons for this is that underground there are less temptations in what an individual can do, another reason is a lot of the problems which plagued humanity for centuries are gone. Everyone will be sort of indoctrinated from birth to achieve this one goal and that is to build spaceships. All of the people will be taken care of so each individual has enough. There are no prisons nor is there the death sentence anymore, instead those unwilling to cooperate will be sent to the surface to fend for their own.

The habitat which will survive the longest time and which I can see they will built something like a spaceship and robots will not have any animal nor insect in their habitat. Many will try to keep them but this particular habitat will only take DNA samples and store them in their computers hoping other civilizations will find our planet and maybe continue by reviving us all. Beyond that I cannot see, I see something of people finding a new planet to live in but it might also be people will live in spacestations after finding planets rich in ore.

The good news is nobody will be at war. No one wants to dig a tunnel to another habitat to conquer it as it would be a mutually assured distruction as many habitats will have self destruct devices. This is an agreed deal, if one wants to fight anyway then it ends there and the other habitats get a chance to live. The most important leverage is that people will view the resources as valuable and if it is used to destroy then chances to get out into space diminish. Besides the shock of the realization people cannot continue to live above ground and the causes for that to happen will be convincing enough for every leader of these underground cities.

Anyway I wanted to get this off my mind thinking about the future on a lazy sunday, anyone can think this up really but I thought I would start doing something. Personally I'm thinking about creating a political party to achieve this goal and write a little piece of history myself and doing something to give future generations a better quality of life. It would be such a shame if humanity would be wasted in a few centuries because DNA has been irreparably damaged.
edit on 29/7/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Earthquake + underground living= not good

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I want an underground biodome just like Pauly and that Baldwin Brother lived in!
That would be cool.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen

Move to tornado alley and feel better about the decision?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen

An earthquake is never good, I'm sure there will be caveins but also advanced warning systems so everyone can move to a 'spare' town. The spherical structures are built to withstand, not on any vaultlines but in centers of landmasses or the continents. I see travel happening by trains or monorails but protected against the environment, not like anyone owns a car or other personal vehicle.

new topics

top topics

join