It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ludicrous Online Lies Section

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I can't believe there is such a section. I first heard about it on ATS radio, and thought it must be a joke.
It's not a joke. Link So who gets to decide what topics gets banished to that section?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I guess this is for what is worse than a hoax! lol....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Seems funny, until a thread you make gets put in the hall of shame. Would you think it was funny if gay marriage denial was added to the catagory?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

lol... I generally do not do anything that is based on lies.... ie: I do not try to propagate lies, and check sources always....

but if anything I do gets put there? I do not suppose it would much offend me....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Off the top of my head, haulocaust denial was one of the topics mentioned that belong there. So any topic challenging the official story of 6 million jews gassed, could end up there. What next? 9/11 denial? It's a slippery slope, and I thought ATS was above such blanket condemnation of topics.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I can think of three threads that belong in that forum but that's just a matter of my opinion though.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I do not think that many things such as 9/11 will end up there. 9/11 has its own forum anyway. I think it is for things that are outright lies propagated usually only on the internet, that have no bearing in real life or history, and have been proven as such multiple times using actual sources.

They are not putting every thread about the holocaust there, nor every thread on hitler is being trashed. Only I suppose what seems to the owners as being solely based on lies, and ignoring history altogether. This is my understanding of that particular topic anyway. Plus they are not wanting too many such topics.

While this site is a conspiracy site, and one with a good reputation for being such, it is also about denying ignorance, and since this is privately owned, perhaps the owners just got tired of denying the same ignorances repeatedly.

I do not see it as worrysome that the forum is there, however if in the future it becomes a problem, we can always choose a different forum yes?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I can think of a few myself, but I would decline to do it. I would never wish for power to make any topics automatic lies.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
all the nibiru chemtrail reptilian illuminati over paranoid 911 conspiracy pile of garbage should go in their... thats perfect

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Haha of cause a holocaust thread gets put in there.
And then you read the thread and the OP hasn't even made a statement so how could it be construed as a 'lie'????????????????????

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Well you know if china atttacked the US and destroyed allt he road that could bring food to prisons when the chinese arrived there to find starving and dead inmates of course the prison gaurds would be to blame.. and would be put to death.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I would love to post a thread there !

Like:

"Name your best Sorcha Faal stories, that had you duped".............

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Why would the Chinese find all those innocent men, women, elderly and children imprisoned for years in the first place?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by TKDRL

Well you know if china atttacked the US and destroyed allt he road that could bring food to prisons when the chinese arrived there to find starving and dead inmates of course the prison gaurds would be to blame.. and would be put to death.

You could start a thread, based on your response, label it as truth, and have it make that Forum..........

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

because of the us court system. There are alot of detention/rehabilitation facilites of many types all across the US. People are sent there for many reasons. Some people would say that a man who murders a witch, aka doing gods will, would be sent to jail wrongfully.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I thought so......

meh.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

because of the us court system. There are alot of detention/rehabilitation facilites of many types all across the US. People are sent there for many reasons. Some people would say that a man who murders a witch, aka doing gods will, would be sent to jail wrongfully.

So start the thread, based on your Chinese/American "hypothetical" ?

Don't be afraid.

Would love to see where it ends up, actually.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Id say the ludicrous lies section is a good thing to have... but i wouldnt start making taboo subjects because of emotional attachment or social sensitivity.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

We still have christians here that think homosexuals deserve maximum punishment god allows, aka death. why not make homosexuality a taboo subject too. Its a slippery slope.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Well, this site isn't a publicly owned site. The Owners can do what they want. Second, yes many subjects are Taboo here. Just like the whole "drug" subject. Again, there are rules, ATS members don't need to cross, but they do daily. For those who decide to be willfully ignorant, and cant give proof, in their threads, then that's the place they will be put, and we will see a lot of threads ending up there. BTW, I have yet to see anything that crosses a boundary, placed in that forum. I for one, am tired of people spreading outright lies......

Deny Ignorance.
edit on 29-7-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Notice he wont answer my question as to why were women, children and the elderly locked up for years in the first place and then comes back with that crap meanwhile, how many homosexuals are presently being gassed or shoveled into ovens?

I'm off to pour a tall one and scrape this discussion off my shoe

PEACE

edit on 29-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: "e"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join