It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a UFO over 2012 Olympic opening ceremony

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

I was hoping this would have been legit. When else could have been a more perfect time for aliens to identify themselves to the world? Unfortunately, this appears to have been the goodyear blimp.

edit on 31-7-2012 by AnnunakiJihad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

Originally posted by sirnukeem
Looks like a ufo to me. No way goodyear flew a blimp transatlantic across the ocean...

Just is not feasible. The aliens were looking to probe the queen a little obviously.

Ummm- it can be shipped via boat, you know... or one of those ludicrously large cargo planes- and reinflated at it's destination

OR

There's more than one in diff countries?

Yep, that's what I said too. Wasn't the Goodyear blimp in Beijing as well?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnnunakiJihad

I was hoping this would have been legit. When else could have been a more perfect time for aliens to identify themselves to the world? Unfortunately, this appears to have been the goodyear blimp.

Yes, it's moving too slow. Phage is right. It's a blimp.

edit on 1-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ufo over the olympic? nope!

I did see a floating queen parachuting down trying to make sure nobody saw up her skirt

then i found out it was a bloke stund double

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by carlsmith

The Queen would certainly not jump from a plane at her age

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
No way is that a UFO. Sorry

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I noticed this on the Canadian feed of the opening ceremonies...

Considering the no-fly zone, what could it be? It's in the top center of the screen...

Thought it was interesting.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tagasbob11

One of these?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Why did it disappear in the next shot tho? It cuts back again afterwards once more a little further out and there is no sign of it. It was very luminescent, so it still should have been shining brightly... I can't even tell if there are lights in the ones your picture shows. The thing in the video was visibly shining like a very bright light. I can try to get a better angle on the tv to show it more clearly if you like

You could be right tho. We don't know for sure if those balloons were released or not either.

(to be clear, i'm making no extraordinary claims, I just haven't quite had my curiosity quenched quite yet
)
edit on 3-8-2012 by tagasbob11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hey fellow ATS'ers I've been following this story for a while and while I agree it doesnt quite look like the blimp even at an oblique angle ( see from this photo that closer matches the angle then any ive found so far)

I do think its fair to ask if its not a 'real' ufo and it is a 'earth made' flying object . was it possibly designed to look like a 'real' ufo?. And on that presumption it is entirely possible it used blimp technology. if this was the case does anyone live near the 'cardington' hangers in bedford ..if it exists -that if anywhere is more then likely its base,

I also find it extremely unlikely they would allow the blimp to fly with no lights at night period. never mind with with other craft (camera helicopters, police/security services helicopters and light aircraft.) in the air. Im no pilot but im pretty sure that would contravene a few FIA laws.

I think the real question is ...was the 'blufo' (Blimp-Like-Unidentified-Flying-Object) as i'm calling it placed there deliberately as a red herring to ridicule the ufo people and the likes of nick pope.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnnunakiJihad

Aw dont give up that easy.

I've been reading this for 10 pages now
and you know what?
Neither side knows for sure.

One side is content with " They" said there was a blimp in the area,
so it's a blimp." & " Therefore UFO believers are ignorant ."
(apparently never occurred to them that a UFO and blimp could be
in the same general airspace?)

The heft of the UFO argument has been brought by HumanAlien.
It's against Phage (& Phagettes for when Phage is tired,haha)

HA says he's not saying 'it's a UFO for sure', but rather that if it isn't,
to 'show proof that image is indeed the Goodyear blimp'.
Human Alien, while not having a dedicated army,
does have a little help on his side in Wave Maker.
WM then asks to see the tell tale blinking lights, if it's indeed a blimp.

So far the blimp camp shows no visual evidence to put it to rest
and instead says, "Its not a UFO because the media said it was a blimp."

I don't know whose right in this,
but I can tell you which side is apparently more gullible.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
www.goodyearblimp.co.uk...

"
The world famous Goodyear Blimp was flying high over the Olympics opening ceremonies last Friday, but media reports and social media rumours mistakenly identified the Blimp as an Unidentified Flying Object.
Thousands of people went online to report the UFO as it flew over the Olympic Park last Friday. However, leading tyre brand Goodyear confirms that it was in fact its iconic Blimp, currently being used by a TV network to capture aerial footage.
It’s not the first time the Goodyear Blimp has been mistaken for a UFO. Earlier this year during the Blimp’s Spirit of Safety Tour, reports of a spaceship floating across the sky at night were a common occurrence every time the airship took flight at night.
Michelle Fisher, spokesperson for Goodyear, said: “We’re honoured to be providing a bird’s eye view of this phenomenal sporting event for our American colleagues. However, as we are not an official sponsor of, or supplier to, the Olympics, we have to fly the Blimp unbranded for the duration of the games.
“It’s for this reason and when illuminated at night that many people mistake the Goodyear Blimp for a UFO. I’m sure this won’t be the last time we cause such a stir, but we want people to feel at ease and reassure them that they won’t be abducted by aliens anytime soon.”"

well it seems even goodyear have seen the threads lol.....

shame it wasnt this one,,,www.airshipandballoon.com...

i remeber seeing it over stoke on trent and at night , lit up , it does make you take a second look...
edit on 21-8-2012 by gambon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
just watching the opening of the paralympic games and something struck me , I noticed a good resemblance of the attack on LA most famous photo with that of the lights of the stadium lighting up the smoke of the fireworks ..will try find comparison pics.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join