It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

89 yr old widow thwarts burglary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

BLENHEIM, SC (AP) - An 89-year-old South Carolina widow surprised and chased off two burglars who broke into her home by using a fully-loaded .38 caliber pistol she pulled from under her mattress.

www.wistv.com... -widow-scares-burglars

Due to all of the negative gun posts lately, I felt the need to bring this one to light. You will likely not hear about it from the mainstream as it shows the proper way guns in America are used.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Go granny! Gotta love an old grandma packin' heat. I wish the public could hear more stories like this one. Unfortunately, that's not the agenda of the MSM. S&F!
edit on 7/27/12 by nobody you know because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I can picture granny holding a hand gun to protect herself and her property, but I doubt she could even lift an AK-47.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Roger that, I have a feeling this one won't make it past local news.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
And that, right there, is the REAL reason handguns were designed.

Not "to kill" as so many like to espouse, rather "to save" primarily your own hide. If someone dies in the process, well that's but one of several possible outcomes when a handgun is used for self defense.

Handguns were designed as close quarters, defensive weapons, not offensive weapons.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by clayb2004

Even more proof nobody pays attention is the number of comments on this thread in relation to the 'anti gun' threads. Just a handful here, in a positive gun story, and hundreds on the others...sad.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I'm actually imagining the scene from the movie 'Any which way you can' where the mother fires shotgun at 'Black Widows' bikers

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
God love her. How bloody terrifying for anyone, but for the aged community who are so much more vulnerable this must be horrific.
Credit to her for keeping a clear head & remaining calm enough to take control of the situation.
Hate to think of what may have been had she not had the gun. (like here in Oz)
Great news , thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
No, the anti-gun people seem to be a hardcore bunch.
According to them granny should have just karate chopped this dude in the throat and called the police.

They'll inevitably say that if she would have fired that gun,
she would have killed not only herself but, the neighbors across the street, the town Sheriff eating a doughnut at the local coffee shop, the kids playing in the school playground, and the little lost puppy down the road, and everyone else within a fifty mile radius EXCEPT the burgler..

Gotta love 'em.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
go granny go !! kudos for her valor

s&f for bringing this to the ATS population. we should have a thread dedicated to such "defense uses" that gun control freaks can be referenced when they use the infamous "self-defense, pfffft" schtick.

this is the primary "reason" for owning and using a gun ... all the rest are secondary.

top topics

join