It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VonDaniken admitting his fraud

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
What EVD did was to have young minds investigate the unanswered ancient monuments
strewn across our great planet.. (kuodos to him)
..and muddled our history by injecting a 'space-man come to Earth' theory. (bad)

I read his books when I was young, thought provoking, eye opening indeed,
however, no Aliens, not then - not now!
Ancient Aliens is his 'bucket-o-money' scam.
(Aliens building pyramids, Space craft creating the Nazca Lines, he must of
been a Cattle farmer - what a BULLSHIPPER!)

Do you ever wonder if there were Aliens and they landed and gave an interview -

How they would laugh at what we propose their knowledge to be..

(They probably have a pic of EVD on their dart board! with a caption overhead reading:
"We come & laugh to Pieces")

Be well.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

Originally posted by VoidHawk
reply to post by Sulie

Whether he faked stuff does not bother me. I make up my own mind about things by getting info from as many sources as possible, he was just one source. What he did do was introduce MILLIONS of people to ancient sites etc that they would never have known about otherwise.

So he got caught out on one item, miniscule crime compared to what the msm and our governments do...and many people on this website.

And the only reason you believe that msm and government is lying is based on a comparison on what they report versus what somebody link Daniken (and many many others) state is the unreported alternative.

I think you'll find that msm and government do not tell as many porkies as you are led to believe! People claim they are doing so because it conflicts with their entrenched belief.

As to your last statement, I think I agree with you that probably most of the general news issued by the so-called MSM is relatively accurate, especially when it comes to non-critical issues. However, the topics where the MSM seems to go down the propaganda trail are especially foreign policy of any kind as well as intelligence and police powers. Even with domestic issues such as taxation or family values, news outlets seem to split along political party affiliation biases rather than any true, cohesive propaganda. However, when it comes to foreign policy and providing the public with objective, critical investigation, all of the mainstream media outlets, conservative or liberal, seem to magically come together in providing the view of the Pentagon and political elite. Am I wrong on that? It only takes a step into history or traveling the world to realize much of what we are told on that topic is misrepresented in the MSM.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: HumAnnunaki
..and muddled our history by injecting a 'space-man come to Earth' theory. (bad)

I read his books when I was young, thought provoking, eye opening indeed,
however, no Aliens, not then - not now!
Ancient Aliens is his 'bucket-o-money' scam.
(Aliens building pyramids, Space craft creating the Nazca Lines, he must of
been a Cattle farmer - what a BULLSHIPPER!)

Wait...EvD "muddled" our history with "space-man come to Earth"...but this is EXACTLY that what every religion wants to make us believe....so you complain about EvD's theories but find it normal that millions of, say, Christians believe in a "space man" (say, Jesus) "come to Earth" via a miraculous virgin birth? Did you NEVER think about twice what people could've really seen when they said they encountered an angel or the holy Mary, etc.? Yes I may sound VERY heretic there, I don't care, but for example the Fatima encounters etc. to me sound A LOT like encounters with an alien being, INTERPRETED in a religious context (since that's all those people had to go by, to interpret it in a religious context).

I have/had not the impression that EvD willingly and happily is pursuing scams, indeed he is always openly ADMITTING MISTAKES when during the years scientists found that one or the other thing he talked in the book is explainable. EvD (correct me if I am wrong!!) has never insisted in an AA explanation if there was evidence presented that he was clearly wrong.

Also..if you think you're so smart as to be able to debunk his theories...let's start with your explanation/debunking of the Nazca lines and pictograms which you used to point out the ridiculousness of this theories.

Because up to this date, we still don't know about the purpose of the Nazca lines..and how certain things have been achieved such as taking off an entire mountain top etc. There was only ONE "scientific explanation" once in the 70s (AFAIK) where a scientist came on on TV and claimed (without having a base to stand on really) that the Nazca lines were made as sort of running/racing tracks....an entirely random "explanation" which is as far-fetched as EvD's theory without evidence, it's not better or worse.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
re: Evd & PYRAMIDS

I have to be careful now since it's a while ago when I saw some of EvD's movies and read his books.

I am not sure whether he really AT ANY TIME claimed that aliens built the pyramids, in fact I don't remember that whatsoever in any of his books!

HOWEVER, he had some good questions and other theories in regards to the pyramids, and THOSE were not so stupid as you might assume.

The first legitimate question (and I am really trying to remember now)..was about the general PURPOSE of the pyramids where today everyone and their school teacher tells you it's "tombs" for the Pharaohs, right?

Then explain to me (as he pointed out) that in the so called "King's chamber" and elsewhere in Egypt are GIANT stone "sarcophaguses" which don't really look like sarcophaguses at all, there are no ornaments, nothing..aside from the extremely large size. In the so called "King's chamber" are also no ornaments or any other indications that the Pyramids were actually the last resting place for Kings or Pharaohs. Do you seriously think they put a god-like Pharaoh into a XYZ ton heavy granite sarcophagus in a bare chamber, without offerings, without wall decorations etc.

So..it's entirely LEGIT to question the conventional explanation you hear in school Pyramids were "tombs" when there is no fricking indication they ever were!

The light-bulbs, maybe farfetched...but becomes interesting if you start to wonder how the people at that time worked without light, there are no areas in the pyramids with soot etc. indicating that ever a torch etc. was used. So the IDEA they might have light-bulbs at that time is not THAT far off, especially since we know an ancient battery DID in fact exist, means they knew about electricity back at that time.

The other thing I remember was the obsession of the Egyptians with mummification of animals (millions, in fact) and the fact that some sarcophaguses (according to EvD) contained a variety of animal remains, often mixed together and then placed in an extremely heavy sarcophagos so as to make sure they won't be able to ever get out. So from that point of view, he speculated about hybrid beings/gods back at that time..or cults about them....which also sort-of makes sense.

ALWAYS ASK....don't take what someone tells you at face value IF there are indeed gaps and unanswered questions in what the historians tell you. And here EvD did a pretty good job to point out those things and make people question the traditional explanations.
edit on 5/27/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Egyptian TOMB (as found in the Valley of the Kings etc, assuming grave robbers didn't get to it)

"Tomb" in the Great Pyramid:

Spot the difference? : )

To me this doesn't look like a tomb for a King, but more like a place where you want to bury/hide something for good, certainly NOT like the final resting place for a Pharaoh...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I read "chariots if the gods" at 13, spotted a lot of it as BS even at that tender age.

Am amused to see many diehard ATS ers still clinging to it as gospel.

Thanks for the post.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
Egyptian TOMB (as found in the Valley of the Kings etc, assuming grave robbers didn't get to it)

"Tomb" in the Great Pyramid:

Spot the difference? : )

To me this doesn't look like a tomb for a King, but more like a place where you want to bury/hide something for good, certainly NOT like the final resting place for a Pharaoh...

There is a time difference between the two types of tombs of over 1,000 years in your comparison.

However:

Early English tomb, Sutton Hoo, grave of Raedwald, 7th Century King of East Anglia:
Link to pic

Tomb of Henry III, less than 600 years later:
link to pic

Spot the difference?

Harte

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed
All apologies for the late attendance as I was pre-occupied with life.

You have my understanding completely wrong; I have zero belief in Jesus, Religion, Aliens or certain
monuments being built by our present day line of civilization.

I have NO belief the Giza monuments had anything to do with Pharoah's building or being buried
in said sarcophagus and I hold little interest in the Baghdad battery or the light-bulb theory.

EVD initially explained Nazca as Extra-terrestrial landing sites, then backtracked during a television
interview- but again relied on his original theory, confusing those of us whom do SERIOUS research.
He has also speculated on A.A that the giant stones of megaliths such as Giza and others were 'transported'
by UFO's ( watch A.A. episodes to find this)

Nazca has three 'flat-topped' mountains that have NOT been 'sheered-off'..it is a NATURAL occurrence
know as a 'plateau', not Alien intervention!

Maria Reiche - en.wikipedia.org...
That's the name you need to research; she was the international caretaker to the Nazca Lines.
Of all theories put forth - Religious Sabaticals - Water Source Guide and so on, and although
Maria's theory is a little off as far as science is concerned..she's closer than one would think IMO.

For me to go into my personal theory coupled with ACTUAL research, this thread would take a serious turn,
be conglomerated with pictures & mathematical language explaining each & every detail..which would be rude
to do to Mr. Hearte's thread; suffice it to know my belief lies within the missing continent of Lemuria, Plato's Atlantis/Tower of Babel history.

In the near future I will create a thread detailing what I have described and I am looking forward to those whom
would like a different view of history..most importantly the debunkers, and yes, it will be many pages for those
whom are interested to decipher..

As an astute researcher, yes I go to members profiles reading members authored threads to get an insight to whom
they are before ever replying (f I choose to) and better understand their mindset.

Why? ..as the old saying goes.."Keep thy friends closer & thy enemies closer."

Be well.
E.NOCH

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Bump - for educational purposes.

Harte

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

In November 1968 Däniken was arrested for fraud, after falsifying hotel records and credit references in order to take out loans for $130,000 over a period of twelve years. He used the money for foreign travel to research his book.
Two years later, Däniken was convicted for "repeated and sustained" embezzlement, fraud and forgery, with the court ruling that the writer had been living a "playboy" lifestyle.
He unsuccessfully entered a plea of nullity, on the grounds that his intentions were not malicious and that the credit institutions were at fault for failing adequately to research his references,and on 13 February 1970 he was sentenced to three and a half years imprisonment and was also fined 3,000 francs.He served one year of this sentence before being released.

good review on Däniken by Michael Heiser (Ph.D., Hebrew Bible and Semitic Studies)

michaelsheiser.com...

snippet from the interview:

“Ferris:
A last question comes to mind because of our favorite of your theories – the one in Gold of the Gods in which you suggest that the banana was brought to Earth from space.
Ferris is referring to this excerpt, from the same book with the imaginary expedition to the non-existent golden caves:
“The banana, a delicious item of food, has been known in every tropical and subtropical region of the earth for many thousands of years. The Indian saga tells of the "wonderful Kandali" (= banana bush) which the "Manu," the loftiest spirits and protectors of mankind, brought to our planet from another star which was much further along the path of evolution than our earth. But a banana bush or banana tree simply does not exist! The banana is an annual plant which does not multiply by seeds, which it does not possess, but by suckers. Looked at in this light, the banana is a problem. It is found on even the most remote South Sea islands. How did this plant, which is so vital for the nourishment of mankind, originate? How did it make its way round the world, seeing that it has no seeds? Did the "Manu," of whom the Indian saga tells, bring it with them from another star-as an all-round foodstuff?”

And Ferris straightly asks: “Were you serious?”
Von Däniken answers:
“Von Daniken: No, and not many people realize that.”

The best part ends the brilliant interview:
Ferris: That leads us to ask if all your writing is a put-on. Are you, as one writer suggested, ‘the most brilliant satirist in German literature for a century’?

Von Daniken: The answer is yes and no. We have a wonderful term in German: jein. It’s a combination of ja and nein, yes and no. In some part, absolutely not; I mean what I say seriously. In other ways, I mean to make people laugh.

Ferris: Well, you’ve succeeded in both aims.”

forgetomori.com...
edit on 7-6-2015 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Bump, with new embedding of the vid:

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join