It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerry Newcombe, Evangelical Leader, Says Only Christian Victims Of Colorado Shooting Going To Heaven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Wow. There is a tendency for people to be reactionary buffoons when it comes to tragedies like this but isn't it a wonderful indication of how this Jerry Newcombe character would rather judge the victims of this tragedy than provide love and support for the families that have been affected by the Colorado shooting?

If a Christian dies early, if a Christian dies young, it seems tragic, but really it is not tragic because they are going to a wonderful place.. on the other hand, if a person doesn’t know Jesus Christ.. if they knowingly rejected Jesus Christ, then, basically, they are going to a terrible place.

The families that have been beset by this tragedy do not need this fool of a man to tell them what or what not to believe in. Utterly despicable that someone would be so callous as to use a tragedy to push forward their own limited, pathetic excuse for a viewpoint.

Sources for story: Huffington Post
Jerry's Article

Also, I wasn't too sure which forum this should go in. If it's in the wrong one, my apologies.
edit on 22/7/12 by MacDonagh because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/7/12 by MacDonagh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Why is this "news"? You have created a thread that points out the premise of Christianity and salvation. Christians believe this, so again, where is the story? I'm sure some crazy evangelical TV preacher will come forth shortly and say something like "God allowed the shooting because America turned it's back on him" or something ridiculous like that... please hold your Christian / God bashing until it is warranted.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Words cannot describe the sheer stupidity of some Christians - so here's a video

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Why is this "news"? You have created a thread that points out the premise of Christianity and salvation. Christians believe this, so again, where is the story? I'm sure some crazy evangelical TV preacher will come forth shortly and say something like "God allowed the shooting because America turned it's back on him" or something ridiculous like that... please hold your Christian / God bashing until it is warranted.

What could possibly more warrant such bashing as this prime example of Xtian evil spewing such hatred?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

I dont even claim a religion anylonger because of what crazy christians have done in this world!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Thanks for showing the stupidity of the so call religious leaders in the US, buffoons, sociopaths, pedophiles and closet homosexuals, a lot of them, then people ask me why I don't follow any religious believes.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Thanks for showing the stupidity of the so call religious leaders in the US, buffoons, sociopaths, pedophiles and closet homosexuals, a lot of them, then people ask me why I don't follow any religious believes.

I know what you have written is true for some; but there are many good intentioned people who are Christians.

I think that Jerry Newcombe making the statement he did; was in poor taste and not very compassionate.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

if a person doesn’t know Jesus Christ.. if they knowingly rejected Jesus Christ, then, basically, they are going to a terrible place.

...and?

What's the problem here? That's exactly what it says in the bible, isn't it?
One might even go as far as saying that he is simply following the bible more strictly than others.

Are you honestly surprised that someone who preaches a book which stresses eternal agony for those who don't follow Jesus Christ, says that those who don't follow Christ are in for eternal agony?
edit on 22-7-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Use the search function that's provided on this site and you'll find hundreds of threads dealing with the Christian mentality.

We don't need another one.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
There is always some preacher trying to profit off tragedy. Everyone has to drop a coin in the church plate to get to proverbial Heaven, but Jesus said Heaven was going to be on Earth, so everyone is already there.

Everyone of the victums are loved and appreciated equally, despite this buffons interest in profiteering.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7

I dont even claim a religion anylonger because of what crazy christians have done in this world!

That's brilliant. Do you burn every bill of cash you receive because there are counterfeits on the market? Jesus warned beforehand that the enemy would plant tares amongst the wheat, did you think that was hyperbole?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
To OP. Stop caring what the blind goats are saying. People that are that caught up in duality have from my point of view probably missed the path totaly and we can only pray that they experiance ego death someday so they really can find the way home.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whipfather

if a person doesn’t know Jesus Christ.. if they knowingly rejected Jesus Christ, then, basically, they are going to a terrible place.

...and?

What's the problem here? That's exactly what it says in the bible, isn't it?
One might even go as far as saying that he is simply following the bible more strictly than others.

Are you honestly surprised that someone who preaches a book which stresses eternal agony for those who don't follow Jesus Christ, says that those who don't follow Christ are in for eternal agony?
edit on 22-7-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

If we are gonna push this debate then it might be that you need to go thru the gnosis and get christ conciousness and open you crown chakra to get into heaven. Now how many people on this planet have an opened crown chakra (are awoken and enlightened and can feel the bliss) and know that they are safe already in this life? If only the ones who have succeded with this is allowed in then it will be a very small harvest on earth.

I love god but frankly disslike humans smallminded perception of god. Most humans do not understand what Buddha and Jesus and Bhagavad Gita is saying at all and those who get it keep quiet since the thruth is uncomfortable for the smallminded. They cannot see past duality because of their egos.

Faith without works is dead. What you are is what is important not what kind of dogma/view of god you like.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Screw this so called judeo/christian god, and his mindless minions that are inundating this world, and site with their lunacy. There is NO way that a "being" cares, or passes judgement upon our azzes.

I cannot stomach seeing one more title/thread pertaining to his "holiness", and how we should be more 'Christlike" to seek salvation, etc. yada yada yada.

Those who believe are weak minded, low intelligence," I'm better than you cause imma gonna sit next to gawd in the end days" crack pots.

now comes my post ban or comment deletion for speaking my mind.

I'm gonna go have another drink and pray for your souls.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by magilla
Screw this so called judeo/christian god, and his mindless minions that are inundating this world, and site with their lunacy. There is NO way that a "being" cares, or passes judgement upon our azzes.

I cannot stomach seeing one more title/thread pertaining to his "holiness", and how we should be more 'Christlike" to seek salvation, etc. yada yada yada.

Those who believe are weak minded, low intelligence," I'm better than you cause imma gonna sit next to gawd in the end days" crack pots.

now comes my post ban or comment deletion for speaking my mind.

I'm gonna go have another drink and pray for your souls.

Agreed.

Also, nice to see another bad religion fan. I have the cross-buster tattooed on my arm.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
People like Jerry Newcombe seal their own fate.

Such is the way with jumping on the sensationalism bandwagon, and turning minds towards the perverse.

Leave him to the heavens. Death will sort him out sooner than later I suspect. It is so with us all.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It doesn't matter which "religion" a person belongs to. They can still be light with compassion or dark with apathy which lack of compassion / care for others.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
To say "I believe or I think....." would be okay. IMHO this was not the time or place, but apparently, like the POTUS, this guy is not one to waste a good crisis. When you have the attitude that you KNOW something to be true, you are stepping into dangerous grounds.

This man took it upon himself to play God and judge these people. I believe only God knows the fate of man.

I mentioned this thread to my son, who fortunately has little to no experience with Evangelical types. He was quite surprised by this and said this is just the opposite of what Jesus taught. Curious, I asked him what he was referring to and he said the parable of the Good Samaritan. Jesus taught that it is what in your heart that matters, not what faith you have.

Text

Luke 10:25-37

[25] On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

[26] "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"

[27] He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

[28] "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

[29] But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?"

[30] In reply Jesus said: "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. [31] A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. [32] So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. [33] But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. [34] He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. [35] The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.'

[36] "Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?"

[37] The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him."

Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."

edit on 7/22/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry, the fellow pointing the finger and being unmerciful isn't going to heaven either unless he dumps that pharisee righteousness.

What the hell kind of person would say something like that anyway? I'm a christian and it never even crossed my mind to think that much less say it. I was more of the mind to pray for the families who lost loved ones during that madman's rampage.

top topics

join