It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why hasn't the U.S. attacked Iran yet?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Are TPTB afraid of the Iranian military?

Is it because of the war weary soldiers that the U.S. has?

Does Iran have a nuclear bomb already and the U.S. knows this, and is afraid of the consequences of an attack?

Do TPTB know that attacking Iran will lead to the apocalypse?

Or, is it because for once TPTB are trying to avoid war?

No, no, no, no, and [snip] no.

It's just too far from the U.S. elections. If they start the war now, people will tire of it before the planned re-coronation. Maybe end of Sept. or Oct. perhaps.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Not until Syria is "set".

Set meaning Israel fully geared towards Hezbollah AND FSA wins and Assad meeting Ghadafi along 144 virgins (72 each).

USofA can't go to war against Iran if Assad can launch hundreds of chemicals in Tel-Aviv.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Maybe because it will start WWIII? That's not something you rush into. They want to get all their ducks in a row...and then duck.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hee.
I read the thread title as, "Why hasn't the US hacked Iran".

Well, we've engaged in a little cyber espionage, probably trying to head the need for a more traditional attack off at the pass. No nukes, no ground war. Maybe that simple.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I know I may well be wrong on this, but I think that Israel has been told to back off Iran at the moment simply because if they attack Iran now, Russia & maybe China will join in, then the USA wont like standing on the side while Israel get's a beating, so America may, yes may find it has to get involved to back Israel up, ops but then you have USA V Russia & maybe China in a conflict, will that spread? well could well do, but what ever way it goes you get a major war, could be WW3, though I do not think so, I would not like to put money on which way it goes to be honest.
I know the UK Government are begging the East to attack us, Cameron would love his PC Battle games to become real battles, he has this idea that troops just get better when the game ends like it does on his PC, sad en it because it don't.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

its completely obvious...the best thing is to let Iran explain to their people why the war its leaders have prepared for and spent much wealth on never materialized. the Iranian people will conclude that their leaders are idiots and take appropriate steps to correct that situation.

Yes, because the US isn't spending itself into a hole right? Have the US citizens concluded that their leader was an idiot and did they take appropriate steps to correct the situation? No. Bush was not elected the first time, but the US stunned the whole world when the voted him in for a 2nd term. If anything, that one act should be cause to second guess them.
Here's how much war is costing the US.

...and people wonder how people can get behind Ron Paul.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
They will wait until Syria has fallen and the chemical weapons have been secured
Also it would be very bad PR when the Olympic games are on

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
truth is we just cant afford a war with iran we already have solders all over the world

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Iran has been overdue for a thumping since 1979.

Clearly, a Russian-backed Caliphate with it's strategic location IS a serious threat to our way of life.

USA has been ready for a long time, it's a Sea-Air campaign, and won't last very long. No ground troops, except SF. Take Operation Preying Mantis as an example.

Strategic attacks on centers of power will hobble the entire regime.

It'll be a 3D ordinance show like no other.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Because the warmongers on ATS have been wishing for a US attack on Iran (only so they could demonize the US LOL) so the US has decided not to so they dont give ATS posters any further ammunition.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pillock
They will wait until Syria has fallen and the chemical weapons have been secured
Also it would be very bad PR when the Olympic games are on

Commencing hostilities with Iran while it's allies are full engaged is a good play, it freezes the battlefield.

Iran simply does not have a deployable nuke warhead. The tactic of burying a cumbersome nuke and retreating cannot work if there are no land forces to advance. What would be their legacy if they nuked their own country? (cough)

The only "threat" I see is a nuke torpedo or improvised suicide torpedo, getting into the fleet. They do have those subsonic jet torpedoes.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
I figured the U.S. would have attacked by now but they haven't. Why is this?

Because if something goes wrong, Obama loses the election. Plain and simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join