It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rise of the "Taxer's" movement?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - Republican Mitt Romney shrugged off growing pressure on Tuesday to release more of his tax returns, and his campaign lashed out at President Barack Obama in an effort to turn the campaign debate away from Romney's business and financial record.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Are we starting to see the backlash from the birther movement come to this campaign? Will this spread out to other campaigns?

Has the left (or left of the TEA Party anymore) starting to give into this conspiracy madness?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
While I am no fan of Romney, nor Obama, I find it hilarious that these jackass leftists are whining about not seeing Romneys tax returns while they give Obama a pass on keeping his educational transcripts a secret.

It doesn't matter what a wannabe President does with his own money, but it does matter that the current President is intelligent enough to hold the office.

It is the right and obligation of every American to pay as little of a tax as possible. If Romney is stashing cash offshore to avoid taxes, and using the proper business vehicles to do so, good for him.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't really care if Romney releases his tax forms or not. The fact that he's refusing to has done enough damage to his campaign as it is. People see him as basically everything that is wrong with American-style "capitalism", and he's going to lose the election.

Obama released his birth certificate, and then his long form birth certificate, to appease the birthers. That still didn't work. Even if Romney releases his tax forms, that probably won't appease all the 'Taxers' or whatever silly name the MSM ends up giving them.

The only real issue here is if he committed a felony or not, which might result in a different Republican getting the nomination (although I wouldn't hold my breath for that).

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd
While I am no fan of Romney, nor Obama, I find it hilarious that these jackass leftists are whining about not seeing Romneys tax returns while they give Obama a pass on keeping his educational transcripts a secret.

It doesn't matter what a wannabe President does with his own money, but it does matter that the current President is intelligent enough to hold the office.

No.

I'm sorry, but you have that ass-backwards.

Every single American's educational transcripts are completely private for a very good reason. If Obama got a few C's in College, it has absolutely no bearing on his ability to run the country.

If Romney is holding back evidence that he may have committed a felony by misrepresenting his involvement with Bain Capital, that opens the door to a lot of questions about his integrity and his intentions for running the country.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

It is stupid tit for tat politics. 2 years is enough time to determine their financial interests. I would say that they (and all federal elected officials) should submit annual tax statements or earnings statements to the GAO for review. To do this, however, we need to have accountability and limitations that are not currently in place.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

I would disagree.

If Obama failed every class he took about American govenrment, civics, American history, etc etc, that would cast serious doubt that he is actually qualified or capable of completing the job he was elected to do.He could be unfit for office, and if his transcripts prove he lied about his educational background, again, he is unfit to lead and isn't mentally equipped, thereby posing a threat to the security of the nation.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeFromTheHerd

If Obama failed every class he took about American govenrment, civics, American history, etc etc, that would cast serious doubt that he is actually qualified or capable of completing the job he was elected to do.

I am glad we have you to tell us who is Qualified to hold the office of the presidency. Until you came along, all we had to rely on was this cryptic message on a dusty scroll.

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

www.archives.gov...

Silly founders plum forgot to add that education part into the Constitution. Thankfully we have you to set us all straight.

top topics

join