It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussions with OL in his online backyard shed. My Mid-Life Crisis? Flying, Falling and Facing 40.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Explanation: Welcome to my own personal BBQ/Roasting!

Here, have a refreshing beverage ... ... before the circus starts.

Oh look its a parade ...

Now that the feastivities are out of the way, I'd like some feedback on myself , so please feel free to
me within the limits of the T&C's as this is an appropriate place to roast me personally ok!

Personal Disclosure: My Life ... Will it Float???

Medical Warning: Video Contains Flashing subliminal messages! ... and epileptics SHOULD avoid it! @yourownriskok!

P.S. I turn 40yrs old in little over a month. :shk:

edit on 17-7-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix broken link bbcode.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I turned 40 a litte over a month ago, and it isn't as bad as you think, why would you want to have a mid life crises?.
It wont serve any useful purpose other than drive home the facts that yep, your probably over half way dead.
see, better off not worrying about it.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well happy birthday... Soon!

Is 40 bothering you? I had a hard time with it, but I don't feel old. Mostly it bothers me when I think about how old my sons are going to be next month. Maybe I'll just start telling people they were adopted.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
hey 40 is a cool year..no need to freak out...infact life begins after 40...trust me ..!

CX

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I just turned 40 too, and it's all good.

My 40th year was the year i learnt the guitar and bought a banjo....thats as far as my mid-life crisis goes and i like it.

CX.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I asked my father what it felt like to have a son who was about to retire. he just said, "Old."

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I just turned 40 too, and it's all good.

Me too, and I have to agree, I'm finding 40 to be fabulous.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
My dear OL... 40 is nothing.
Do what I do.. dye your hair and lie.
Joking... but seriously, the 40's are where I have found myself to be most content with my life, myself, and who I am. The 40's are almost the begining of a real life I think when youre not struggling and striving for this or that.. just a content comfortable part of life. Over the hill just means its smooth sailing back down that ugly difficult hill... so slide!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Funny, my daughter turned 40 last year and went into immediate crisis mode.

Life begins at 60.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I remember when I turned 40... just another day. Had remarried at 38, life was good.... still is.

The biggest thing I found with 40 was that no one was going to beat me for not doing the dishes... or if I left laundry in the washer overnight and dried them in the morning.... stuff like that. It was actually quit liberating.

I could finally be me... good, the bad, the big ol' sort a fat me... and the world did not stop.

I did have a midlife crisis about 3 years or so ago... it lasted about a day and a half... suddenly realized that if I lived a normal, somewhat happy life... I would probably die by 80... that meant at best, only 35 more trips to the beach... 35 more falls and chances to enjoy mountain grown apples from Appalachia, 35 more Christmas Eves and trees and brunswick stews and homemade fruit cakes...

then I realized I could die tommorrow and suddenly everything was in perspective and I felt better. Now, I go to beach many times a year, eat fruit cake anytime...thank God for freezers... and planted some apple trees... they are loaded this year...

Never had the desire for a young hot blonde... I married a hot older blonde... 3 years older in fact

When I want to ride in a convertable... My wife drives the pickup while I sit in back on the tire well...

And when I want to ride a motorcycle and feel the engine grind between my legs and the air in my hair... I cut the grass on the riding mower... But i did paint flames on the side of the mower... funny as hell to see.

So... Happy Birthday... the better half of life has just begun.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

40 is the new 30. Just because I'm noticing a small spot of missing hair on the top of my head and grey hairs coming in on the sides isn't the end of me. Frankly as many have said, you can have a slight renesance at this age. Keep on smiling and realize how lucky you are.

CJ

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
So... Happy Birthday... the better half of life has just begun.

I like this, and love your whole post, and attitude. I feel the same, though I've only just begun, so to speak, but doing away with childish things, such as giving a crap what other people think of you. Liberating to say to least.

Great post

join