It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Author Linda Godfrey's Bigfoot Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Cryptozoology author Linda Godfrey, who has reported extensively on stories of werewolves and dogmen in Wisconsin and Michigan over the last 20 years, is now reporting on her blog her own experience with what she thinks might be a Bigfoot.

While hiking she tried "tree knocking" and not only got a response but witnessed a tree branch being torn from a tree by unseen hands. She called some friends to come to the area and one of them actually sighted a tall furry creature, leading Godfrey to state:

Because Natalie actually saw some kind of tall, furry creature and the three of us heard that strange growling, I feel a lot more confident thinking that this may have been a Bigfoot rather than some other unknown phenomenon. I don’t believe it was a Dogman because I think that a canine would have a very difficult time scaling a tree like that much less use its canine arm structure to tear off a giant branch. Bears can climb but can’t knock on trees with sticks. And it would’ve been next to impossible for most any human to have done what I witnessed without using an axe or other equipment.

I thought this was an interesting report because I have read several of Linda Godfrey's books (The Beast of Bray Road is a favorite) and one thing I have admired about her is how she never makes herself part of the story. She has a background as a newspaper reporter and tends to report what witnesses state and what she turns up in her own investigation rather than her own thoughts and feelings.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Scientist and explorers from all arond the world look for a bigfoot and cant find one. This lady comes along and knocks on a tree and low and behold a big foot appears and rips a branch of a tree.

hmmm.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

As they say ... pics/video, or it didn't happen.
In this climate of charlatans, and hoaxers, all of them trying to get a piece of the money pie that comes with recognition, and visibility, it's difficult to give anyone any kind of credit on the fringe unless they come with some hard evidence other than just a story.

Even when pics and video are shown here on the fringe, there's still no unassailable evidence in the public forum.

If this woman is really having experiences, I recommend she spend about $15,000 on proper professional grade photographic equipment, and/or get someone that already has such plus video to tag along, and go chase that hairy monkey-man down.
Anything she spends, if she strikes gold, will get paid back if she can reliably and accurately document a previously unknown (to science) species.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Bigfoot would be nice but she also thinks that dogman is real.If it helps the sales!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I for one have written a few threads on the big guy and will maintain an open mind Even though I believe 95% or higher of the claims are bogus on the possibility.

S & F

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Where have all the giants gone - long time in passing? Bigfoot - giants, Bigfoot - giant skeletons, Bigfoot stories - Bigfoot Myths - History of Giants, there were giants in those days (and still are.)

Skeletal remains of Bigfoot are Giant skeletons.

Systematic destruction and any and all giant skeletal remains, cultures, Oh Poo Poo by the archaeological scientists who are stupider than stupid. Got your archaeological head up your arse again or do you guys have fun emulating emus with their head in the sand. Giants - we don't see any giants and there are no giants skeletons (despite our having destroyed those remains) ergo there are no Bigfoot (if there was any evidence of Bigfoot we would have destroyed it also.)

Not unlike governmental denial of alien intelligence at work in our world. If there were such a thing as an alien we would have destroyed the evidence of that also - NASA (replies generalization.)

It seems our entire world is into denial of anything that smacks of intelligence. Or murder those who have been spreading falsehoods and lies about our government, our financial debacle, our scientific denial of defacto facts and or truths.

Murder your Father, Mother, Grandmother, ex-lovers, detractors and a few innocent cannon fodder to confuse the issues. Maintain power at all costs - maintain the status quo at all costs - make more trillions of dollars off the sheeple.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

She's recently done an interview for Mysterious Universe (podcast show here) and discussed this. It's usually a good show and this one wasn't bad at all.

I'm highly sceptical about all these Bigfoot encounters and try to suspend judgement. They're a hard pill to swallow and don't make a lot of sense. Saying that, I read most of the bigfoot blogs and the anonymous posts can be very funny and cut through some dubious claims. They're beginning to make ufology seem like the smarter cousin...

With Godfrey, I'm saving my opinion for another day.

In general, it seems to me that Bigfoot researchers are gradually elaborating on the rare sighting reports. In recent years they've gone from hairy guy in the woods and fields to constructed nests, piles of sticks, tree-banging and being shot dead (without traces).

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I found her account intersting, as well, and I too enjoy her work. She called a friend who is an expert in physical research and properly documented everything. I found it interesting enough to post on my cryptid blog.

www.campcrypto.com...

new topics

top topics

join