It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to Cooperate with Afghanistan in Training Rural Women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Salam ATS members , good evening.

Iran to Cooperate with Afghanistan in Training Rural Women

The issue was raised in a meeting with Iranian officials and the JICA authorities in Tehran on Saturday, during which the Iranian side announced readiness to provide Afghan women with successful experiences of Iranian rural women.

During the meeting, it was also decided that the Iranian agricultural Jihad ministry will hold a one-week training course for Afghan female officials and experts to inform them on governmental mechanism for reducing poverty among poor women, Iran's successful projects, Iran's policies and scientific experiences, strengthening the ministries and creating a network between the two countries' governmental employees.

Iran is one of the most important donors to Afghanistan which has kept its promises to help to the reconstruction of the war-hit country.

Iran has also built some roads, power transmission lines, and border stations, among the other infrastructure projects which would better link the two nations.

FArs news

I have this thread to show how Iranian women work in North of Iran and other places.

And this is for changing picture of Iran in your mind.

edit on 14-7-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

This actually makes sense to me and seems workable considering that the Iranians have much more in common with the Afghanis than ISAF does.

I have seen the female engagement teams at work and while they are trying their darnedest, they all too often approach problems with a western mindset and the few females that do get it are often marginalized to the point of no longer being effective.

If Iran wasn’t such a theocratic state, I believe that they, along with India would be the West’s greatest allies in the region.

edit on 14-7-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by mideast

If Iran wasn’t such a theocratic state, I believe that they, along with India would be the West’s greatest allies in the region.

The Theocratic government of Iran is NOT the reason why they are not western allies, it's because some western governments don't respect sovereign nations, and are overall proven untrustworthy colonialists and imperialists.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well Well Well.... Look who is suddenly in the Civil Affairs business. If we stopped being idiots long enough, as a nation, we might even realize Iran and the United States are generally on the same side here....if only this once. Some may recall before 9/11, Iran damn near invaded Afghanistan themselves over some Iranian diplomats being tortured and I think one was killed..by the Taliban. Iranians are Shia, Taliban are Sunni...and the most extreme of the Sunni, at that.

In this real narrow area, perhaps, Tehran and Washington are on the same page...if they'll let themselves..for what no one WANTS in Afghanistan. Since we don't want to be there for the next 100 years (or do we??), it might not be the worst thing we've ever done to either quietly encourage some of this or at least, not interfere with it. Empowering women is a very Iranian sounding thing and must have the Taliban commanders just bouncing off the cave walls in rage.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

reply to post by mideast

The Theocratic government of Iran is NOT the reason why they are not western allies, it's because some western governments don't respect sovereign nations, and are overall proven untrustworthy colonialists and imperialists.

Well, yea.

There's that too.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I had forgotten the Shia/Sunni split. Thanks for the reminder. I was just looking at the female empowerment angle.

And if the Snivel Affairs comment was directed at me...I hate you.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I had forgotten the Shia/Sunni split. Thanks for the reminder. I was just looking at the female empowerment angle.

And if the Snivel Affairs comment was directed at me...I hate you.

It hadn't even occurred to me how it could relate to you until you said something... Nawww, I meant Iran was off doing something that didn't involve rockets and suicide vests for a change. In a real sense, Afghanistan is going to be a tribal checkerboard of mess for far longer than we want to be there screwing with it. We don't want the Chinese to have it. No one wants the Russians to have it.

Frankly, they have far far too much wealth in the new mineral finds to stay free of someone playing sugar daddy by force for a long time. In a way, Iran would probably be the best for the population given the rather rough set of choices. At least from their perspective.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I agree. Afghanistan is called the "Graveyard of Empires", for a reason. I hate to say it, but if everybody left them alone, Afghanistan would not probably be in this mess.

It reminds me of the saying, "two engineers walk into a room and only one emerges alive."

The tribal warfare there goes back centuries.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Who am I dealing with

I am really thanking god you are not my neighbors. I prefer Suni-Shia split than imperialists knocking at my door and asking for my blood and honor.

I am not generalizing , but some people are born in jungle I see.

I can 't see any sign of modesty or humanity.

Or maybe you have hidden it.

ETA : salam.I didn't mean it. If you can't bare the truth , then think that you are not my audience.
edit on 14-7-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

top topics

join