It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Special Date!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Looks like the 2012 cultist are backing away from their cult like dooms day claims...

Noticing how people are claiming
December 21 is only the beginning
Then we have the buzz words like "Ascension and Spiritual enlightenment". I have a feeling when nothing happens the cultist will claim "ascension, or spiritual enlightenment is happening, even when it's not. They will try to save themselves from the embarrassment.

Looking forward to December,
When No Magical Creatures from a far away planet arrive on earth to randomly share their :knowledge".
When there is no ascension"
No Spiritual Enlightenment.
No Magical Invisible Planet/Spaceship.

I'm looking forward to that day when it becomes apparent that
Hollywood,
The History Channel,
Discovery Channel,
Money Hungry Authors,
Youtube and Random blogs (I admit I have had fun with this one. A site that I made purely for science fiction has been used on a few websites, and claimed as fact. Also my university had made a story up to see what people will believe on the internet..lets just there are some gullible people on this planet.....
Though both were not advertised at all, We cant stop people from "googling" what they want to hear/see/read.)

They have all been exploiting the hell out of your beliefs..AKA telling you want you want to here.

That day will be great! That day logic will hopefully once again be supreme. Even if we "lose" a few of the believers, followers, cultist it will be great to know Real Science was right again.

Till then your stories about "time warps," stargates opening", the hyping up of the tiniest earthquakes, some of which are the most common of places, the hyping up disasters, and random space rocks will be great scifi reads.

Enjoy your stars and flags,

Thanks for reading.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blahable

Your post might be in the wrong forum.

I respect your Rant and agree with some of your points.

Of course that date isn't the end of the world ..... BUT ... make no doubt that a lot can happen between now and then.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blahable
They will try to save themselves from the embarrassment.

I don't think this is true. Most treat predictions and theories like a game. You are not going to win every one but the process is fun none the less. It is more like a hobby for enjoyment, I suspect some get a feeling of euphoria while researching and connecting the dots, seeing patterns etc... sometimes it is not the destination that matters but the journey.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Why hating people that wants good change to happen on Earth
dont you see all the problem and ineguality
all the suffering

The rich(1%) are getting richer and the poor(99%) are getting poorer
you really like that world ?
all those illegal wars .. dont YOU CARE A BIT ?

Become aware .. start caring for others
see the problem in the world today and the chance we have to live in the time
where everything will chance

People like you will be the first ones to fall caught by surprise .. hope you wake up before that
you are a old ager .. not a new ager .. you cant understand yet what is happening for real

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I believe he is hating on the people who make stuff up and believe in rediculous fairy tales. Wanting something doesn't make it true. Otherwise show me my beachfront mansion.

Just to get back to the OP, there is a thread here on ATS that postulates that nothing happening on Dec. 21, 2012, is PROOF the prophecy was real. I kid you not. They said maybe the Mayans could see the future and see our society and created a false prophecy on that date to try to shift our thinking. So when nothing happens it is proof the Mayans really could see the future and it's all real.

top topics

join