It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beuatiful Irish song

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I was luck enough to have been raired on a proper irish farm. My grandmother was a beautiful but strong woman, set in her ways, God rest her soul. I myself, seriously i dont know where i came out from
my dad was a towney and mam was a pure country girl. mayb thats why i see from both sides. Anywho i woul like to share this song with you all. I am always searching for truth like many others who read this, but (bad grammer) its good to take a break sometimes. Christian, Mulam, Athiest, New Age and whatever religion i cant remember right now... Jedi (awesome). I wish you all well and I love you all.

www.youtube.com...

Im 26 now, i loved this song 10 years ago and by a friend i was reunited with it. Hopefully you will like it to.

Take care my brothers

edit on 12-7-2012 by NicelyToasted because: linkinark is not irish, mammy is turning in her grave

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Thank you for the star whoever you are. This is one of those songs that you can fall asleep to. Maybe the ATS insomniacs (guessing 90% of us) will enjoy this.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I dont think you could consider it Irish but you might like Nightwish.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NicelyToasted

It is a beautiful song and I am a Sarah fan for sure. But with all due respect when I think of Irish music, I think of...Loreena McKennitt, the McDades, the fiddlers and the good ole fashioned Rovers. Very good song and I see the point of your post but :-( I'd like to hear some Irish / Celtic music please!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

Thanks mate.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

since u asked so nicely, il get the lads together and get a good one for you.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Please do. Celtic is by far what I have most on my Ipod. I have come across some great artists but am looking for more and really hope to get out to Ireland next year. It's on my bucket list of things to do before I die.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

No bother man. I love the auld tunes myself. I know many of them are rebel songs and might stir the sh**e with the English but most of us are trying hard to put those times behind us. Anywho thanks for taking an interest, its just after 6am here so i better go to bed soon. My eyes are killing me but i am more than willing to help you out in the mornig if you like? Goodnight

www.youtube.com...

hope u like it

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I logged back in just to reply to you, I will sort out some great songs and post them here tomorrow for you. Im only 5 mins walk from st canices cathedral where last year they found an underground tomb that supposedly holds obamas ancestors (county Kilkenny). Might aswell kill two birds with one stone.

take care

eta www.youtube.com...

my frinds are playin trad tomorrow so il bring my cam and hopefully you can get a good feel of the craic in the pub.
edit on 13-7-2012 by NicelyToasted because: (no reason given)

Trad is epic but people forget that we have some really talented people her, im not spamming mods seriously, this guy a a friend of mine, hes such a nice ecker who doesnt know how good he is. If any of ye feel like being the good samartin plz support him, tel him francy sent ya, thatl freak him out goodo

edit on 13-7-2012 by NicelyToasted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
A bit of embedding would not go amiss

or by the Welsh Goddess

Adding your other vid. Hardly a rebel song but one I love nonetheless.

"The Rare Ould Times" is a song composed by Pete St. John in the 1970s for the Dublin City Ramblers. It is sometimes called "Dublin in the Rare Ould Times", or just called "The Rare Old Times" or alternatively "The Rare Auld Times".

The Rare Auld Times. It should be with and A not an O imo.

edit on 13/7/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
A beautiful song indeed.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Awesome thank you! I did some research on Ireland today. Everything I want to see if on the West Coast. But I really want to see Dublin and the East coast... too much to see and do! The Burren looks fascinating as do the Moher Cliffs. Sorry if I killed the spelling.

I look forward to hearing your friends!

new topics

top topics

join