It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Concerned as Syria Moves Chemical Stockpile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

WASHINGTON—Syria has begun moving parts of its vast arsenal of chemical weapons out of storage facilities, U.S. officials said, in a development that has alarmed many in Washington.

I was hoping not to see something like this

The country's undeclared stockpiles of sarin nerve agent, mustard gas and cyanide have long worried U.S. officials and their allies in the region, who have watched anxiously amid the conflict in Syria for any change in the status or location of the weapons.

American officials are divided on the meaning of the latest moves by members of President Bashar al-Assad's regime.

Some U.S. officials fear Damascus intends to use the weapons against ...[/ex

All i can say is hope like hell these weapons are not used!!
There has been far to many innocent lives lost all-ready!!

here is the link
online.wsj.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Sorry but I cannot believe any of this.

Remember, one of the last straws before "shock and awe" and the invasion of Iraq was the claim that Saddam had mobile biological-weapon production labs inside tractor-trailer trucks. These labs were "the strongest evidence to date that Iraq was hiding a biological-warfare program"

Well that was a bunch of bull.

edit on 12-7-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Read my reply here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well, he has the weapons. I'm shocked this is even remotely part of a debate. Syria doesn't declare them about like Israel doesn't declare it's nukes...but it's about as open a secret. Heck, I wrote an article about this just a month ago for another site and before it got all the fad to go bonkers about it and the material is everywhere. They even have their contracts right out there for the plants and precursor chems.

They aren't part of the AntiChem treaty..Only 1 of 7 that aren't, so what they are doing is legal enough and before now..all these years...no one cared. Everyone has ALWAYS KNOWN. This isn't new by any means and Obama is being a fraud if he even plays like it's new.

The fact he's had them all this time..and through this whole civil war..and they have NOT been used tells me Assad is NOT a madman or a fool. Perhaps all this talk in the MEDIA about his weapons being looted and handed out to terrorists has HIM a little spooked too. It would me. Perhaps, he's just moving them to an undisclosed location HE wants. After all, these are legal with treaty status...and it IS his nation after all, He doesn't require our permission, Sheesh

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Let those who live in the region and are directly effected play their hands. The US needs to stay the heck out of it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Could be moving them out of the way maybe? doubt he'd transport all that much if he was going to use a little bit.

Bigger risk i think is moving them in the first place, hitting trucks and convoys isnt difficult, specially for the rebels.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
With the 'Free Syria Army' pushing for Military Intervention,

news.yahoo.com...

"What we want is a clear and straightforward resolution under Chapter VII of the UN Charter which puts all the options on the table, including the use of force. This Syrian regime only understands the language of force."

this is another step in Justification, Regardless if it's Fact or Fiction, this shall be utilized as a Step forward
edit on 12-7-2012 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

The Obama administration has begun to hold classified briefings about the new intelligence. U.S. officials are particularly worried about Syria's stocks of sarin gas, the deadly and versatile nerve agent. The officials wouldn't say where weapons have been moved.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

And here are the big questions, no one knows WHY they are moving it, if they will use it and who they will use it on.

I hope you have your gas masks ready.
It's unfortunate that things like this exist. Most of us can't save ourselves from this. It literally makes me sick to my stomach. I'm not blaming any one country, any who have it are guilty of possible huge atrocities to mankind. Just like nuclear weapons, they don't pick and choose who they kill, they kill everyone.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join