It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloggers Thwart "Liberal" Media Again: No Bush Didn't Win Election Today AP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Apparently in an effort to appease media critics still furious the Associated Press reported that some Bush audience members boo'ed the mention of President Clinton (which we all know could never ever happen in a zillion years)
...the AP wired it's subscribers today a "test" story announcing the re-election of George W. Bush.

And at least one outlet ran it! WBAY's Correction

Correction: President Bush Did Not Win Election on October 7

With less than a month before the presidential election, an Associated Press test article declaring President Bush the winner was picked up by WBAY.com's automated system. The headline of the AP story apparently did not bear that all-important word for the automated filters... "test."

The mistake was picked up by a discussion group on Daily Kos, prompting a phone call that alerted us to the problem. Our web host, WorldNow, removed the story in less than five minutes. The article appeared on WBAY.com for 35 minutes.

WBAY apologizes for the error, and we took quick action to correct it.

The Associated Press tests election results about four times a week leading up to elections, especially one as crucial as a presidential election, to help TV stations and newspapers make sure they are receiving the numbers. The numbers are random with every test; if this error happened a day sooner or a day later, it could've been Senator Kerry or even Ralph Nader who was declared the winner.

Uh huh. The "Nader Wins" test stories are legendary no doubt.

Nonetheless, just an honest mistake by AP to forget the word "test" (kind of like Fox innocently making up quotes about Kerry being a metrosexual or reporting his communist support base)
...though any other mistake by AP the other direction is proof of liberal media bias. :shk:

See how this all works out?
Got to run. O'Reilly's on. I heard he crucifies the creator of 60 Minutes tonight.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Apparently in an effort to appease media critics still furious the Associated Press reported that some Bush audience members boo'ed the mention of President Clinton (which we all know could never ever happen in a zillion years)
...the AP wired it's subscribers today a "test" story announcing the re-election of George W. Bush.

Wow, Bush won TODAY? I'm appeased.

*Starts rummaging thru the "vintage bottlings" of the Champagne section of the wine cellar*

Party on.

Celebratory Monkeys, not just for Election Night anymore�

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well even they know the results beforehand...BUsh will win

No Dewey defeats Truman headlines here....

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Im sure Bush will win... I dont want him too. But I think he will

Maybe he should. I think that so much bad stuff is going to happen in these next four years that Bush should be the one in the Whitehouse that has to explain himself. Not Kerry taking over Bushs mess then getting blamed for all the problems.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy
Im sure Bush will win... I dont want him too. But I think he will

Maybe he should.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
you failed to quote the reason why i think he should win.

Regardless of who is president, the world is not going to change. It's still going to be the same brutal world out there. But there is a lot going on out there, thanks to Bush. We are going to start seeing worse days in Iraq. As a demorcat, I dont want to see John Kerry take the blame for bushs mistakes. Let Bush finish his four years... It will make him and his party look bad.

new topics

top topics

join