It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic security Fiasco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
In the thread below a correspondent infiltrated G4S the security firm responsible for security at the Olympics and found many shortcomings.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The UK government have realised this at the last moment and have called up 3.500 troops in addition to the 16,500 troops already being used for security.

The 20,000 troops involved make up a fifth of the British Army.

"A G4S spokeswoman said: "This has been an unprecedented and very complex security recruitment, training and deployment exercise which has been carried out to a tight timescale.

"We have encountered some issues in relation to workforce supply and scheduling over the last couple of weeks.

"But (we) are resolving these every day and remain committed to providing a security workforce for the start of the London 2012 Games.

"We accept that the Government has decided to overlay additional resources."

uk.news.yahoo.com...

The cost of the troop involvement will be hundreds of millions of pounds paid for by the UK taxpayer and would be enough to build several new hospitals.

This rampant egocentric behaviour by the English Prime Minister Conman is similar to that of Nero in the decadent last days of Rome. The Olympic Games are now more similar to the Circus Maximus of Ancient Rome.

www.san.beck.org...

It would have been less expensive to have given Conman some chocolate gold medals and lavished false praise on him which would have satisfied his narcissistic personality disorder and stopped him destroying local communities in the East End of London i.e. similar to allowing Nero to win a chariot race after he had fallen off but was allowed to remount.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One local taxi-driver has said that 2 generators were stolen in the early morning hours from the Olympic site by thieves in G4S uniforms and that one bomb has already been found in a bulldozer. These events have not been publicised.

The way things are going it could beat the recent San Diego firework fail as a spectacle.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yes the UK Tax payers are fuming, the total cost will be 70% more than the money the games will bring in to the UK funds.
And on top of that the UK have been giving jobs to people to make the games in London Secure to people who have moved to the UK who we know nothing about, so could not be vetted anyway as they come to the UK with no papers.
Lets hope the games are going to go off okay, or there will be red faces like Cameron was in the House today when one of his own old MP's told him he lies.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
Yes the UK Tax payers are fuming, the total cost will be 70% more than the money the games will bring in to the UK funds.
And on top of that the UK have been giving jobs to people to make the games in London Secure to people who have moved to the UK who we know nothing about, so could not be vetted anyway as they come to the UK with no papers.
Lets hope the games are going to go off okay, or there will be red faces like Cameron was in the House today when one of his own old MP's told him he lies.

70%? Where in the world did you get that number. To even project such a number, doesn't actually hold any truths...

Even if the number is 400 Million..., well... bare with me. I can't seem to find accurate numbers, but lets conservatively estimate 200 million people(reliable websites supposedly quote just shy of 200 million during the Beijing games).... so that's what? 2 dollars a person!! LOL!!! Lets push that number up to $1000 a person... then considering taxes, I think the math becomes quite clear as to your '70%' number being WAY OFF.

deny my ignorance, PLEASE!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

edit on 11-7-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I don't think any money will go into the uk economy, the shindig seems to be run by foreign companies who will make a fortune if there's a profit, and pass on any losses to uk taxpayers.
I feel sorry for ordinary Londoners who will have to function during this fiasco, an apartheid system has been introduced for roads etc. People have been told to work from home if possible during the Games, Missile launchers on top of peoples homes, Soldiers on the streets (During the London riots uk gvt said it did not want soldiers on the streets because Soldiers are trained as killers, not peacekeepers).
Perhaps if the uk hadn't murdered so many people across the globe, we wouldn't have this threat - Imagine! a country that's not hated by the rest of the world, think of all the money we could save on security - we could afford to bail out the bankers and still have change for fish and chips.

new topics

top topics

join