It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Open Door Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I need some fresh eyes on this recurring dream I am having. I have not experienced such a persistent dream in quite some time and it's starting to get to me.

It started as a dream that I had been asleep then awoken to my front door being wide open. It terrified me in that strange way that random things in dreams can terrify you beyond belief. I'd also like to mention I have not had an absolute nightmare where I wake up and turn the lights on to sleep in quite some time, but this dream does that to me.

I had this same dream over and over, every night. Wake up, door wide open, confused and terrified. Did I leave it open? Did someone come in? Is my son still here? It was so real the first few times I would jump out of bed and go check the front door (which I never use, btw).

So last night it got a little more detailed. I woke up, the door was open, and two little girls were leaving my yard. ( This is all in dream, btw). I tracked them down, ran after them, finally caught them. I asked them why they came into my home and they wouldn't tell me. I kept asking, begging, pleading. I asked if they were stealing from me, they said "No, we watch you sleep. We like what you have done with the house".

I kept trying to get information out of them but they just stared at me blankly answering no more of my questions. Finally, in pure exhaustion and in tears I said "HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DOING THIS!?" they simply said "Always".

I felt so violated, so scared, so strange, so powerless. How could I have never heard them come in? I wake up at the littlest creak when my son is here, what was wrong with me? I tortured myself with these questions internally as I stood staring at these girls. Then I woke up in a cold sweat and ran to check my door.

What is this about? The dreams are making me more and more terrified and frustrated. Any kind of interpretation would be greatly appreciated.

Love,
Val

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
In dreams a house usually represents the self and the life that you are living, and sometimes your own physical 'house' ie: your body, rather than your bricks and mortar house. If you are leaving the front door open in the dream then that suggests that you are opening yourself up and making yourself vulnerable in some way. Only you will know what that is, have a good think about things that you have been doing and the way that you have been relating to others in the period since the dream started - once you figure it out and start to fix it the dream will stop.

hope this helps
peace
J

ETA - I suspect the two girls may actually be your spirit guides since they say that they have always watched over you - it is possible that they have appeared in the dream to emphasise to you that this is something that needs to be dealt with asap.
edit on 11-7-2012 by skjalddis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It doesn't feel like I'm leaving it open, it feels like someone is coming in uninvited...if that makes any sense

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

I have the exact same recurring dream as Val, would appreciate any insight.
Same dream, that i am waking up to my front door open, feeling a white terror that something has entered.

join