It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would your super power be?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I want everyone's ideas, reasons, and thoughts on this... because I need different perspectives and ideas. If you could have a surgery to enhance some part of you, and give you a wanted power or ability, what would it be? And why?

I'm writing and drawing a post-apocalyptic manga that takes place a long time after WW3, and basically, the whole of mankind is going mad--killing, robbing, and doing whatever it takes to get money. Why? So they can afford surgeries from a huge company called AlterCo. AlterCo. can give you the power to see in the dark, jump a mile high, lift things ten times your size, and they can even alter your brain's make-up in a way that unlocks the ability to use psychic power. The nation--actually, the entire world at this point--is in a survival state--meaning everyone is struggling to get by, and in many places, anarchy rules. It is nearly impossible to survive without some kind of surgery, right? And besides, who's going to take control and rebuild the world, if not an inhumanly strong, altered person? (By the way, there's also Reptilians in the story, but that has nothing to do with the surgeries). The people who have received the surgeries, and who posses superhuman abilities, are called the altered.

I need many different ideas as to what different abilities should be available. So, that's why I'm asking you, ATS...

If you could get one of these surgeries, what super-human ability would you want to have?

Be creative, and tell me why you want your power, please. If you took the time to read this, thank you

Give me ideas!

EDIT; also, if you were to obtain this power, what would you use it for? Think about it--in a post apocalyptic world, where governments are limited to the few leaders of little rag-tag colonies, where people are mercilessly killed by those who want a surgery (or have already had a surgery), where there is little to no law, where anarchy could break out anywhere at any given second, and the world has no leader? Would you look out for only yourself, seeking personal gain? Would you help and save others? Or would you try to re-shape the world? Tell me what you'd use the power for.

NOTE; the Reptilians in the story are taking over AlterCo. and most other profitable businesses, and they want to have as many altered human beings on their side as possible, so they can reshape the world any way they please. Have you ever seen Doctor Who? Remember the Daleks? For those who don't know, Daleks are the antagonists of the show, and they are an alien race who genetically had all their emotion removed, because they believed it would make them stronger, and they only feel hatrid, and destroy everything that isn't a Dalek. The Reptilians in my story have done the same thing--in the past (which would be our present), Reptilians were part human, part reptile--meaning, they had emotions and human feelings. Somewhere along the line, some of the Reptilians decided that the Reptilian race would be stronger without emotion, so they remade themselves into an all-reptile figure, with no human DNA. So basically, they are heartless, very strong, fast, and perceptive, and very, VERY intelligent, but cold, ruthless, money-grabbing, power-hungry creatures.

So... in a futuristic world, with insane altered people, poor starving people, and evil Reptilian power grabbers, what power would you chose, and how would you use it?
edit on 11-7-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: I wanted to edit, why else

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

If I could choose a superpower it would most definitely be Invisibility.You can't hurt what you can't see.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Great premis. Can't wait to see some concept art. Could you post some?

I would augment my eyes for recording and wide spectrum analyzing.

Then my legs for strength. I asume it's way expensive so I would start with the knees, then ankles then hips. Working my way up to my spine then shoulders etc.

Build from the base for strength and speed.

Looking forward to more info.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well, not sure if this counts as a "super power" but I've always wanted the power to attract any woman I wanted at any time

Immature I guess but honest

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The ability to become my enemy or to extract its demonic, sorry powers energies and use them against it enemy does not have to be from this sphere or dimension/universe. So I would need a dna/energy recognizer that detects anothers dna/energy and causes me to extract their energy when needed. Which inturn comes out in battle (EACH ENEMY GIVES ME PART OF THEIR STRENGTH). ANGEL OR ARC ANGEL

edit on 7/11/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
the power to create as many alternate realities i want and travel between them.
that would be awesome.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hey OP. Maybe ad to your original question what the power would be used for

Or what that person would do for a living in this world with their powers.

I would want to run a private security firm that hired out to whom ever could afford us. That is where my augmentations would be geared towards as a character.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I am so glad someone posted a thread on this, and I never understand why no one has thought of my answer yet. I mean, sure, invisibility and flying and the golden touch and ability to cast spells or whatever would be awesome...

But you can only get one power, am I right? You only get to choose one. Well, I can h4xxor that...

If I could have any one power in the world, it would be the ability to grant wishes. Whatever wish, whenever, whoever, however many times. There...I got it all covered.

Happy wishing!

.../h4xx

edit on 11-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
How about being able to teleport through space and time just by thinking about where you'd like to go?

Of course, it would probably require a certain amount of power/mental concentration to jump certain distances in time/space.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Good idea

And to everyone else, thanks for posting. Your ideas really help.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Another of power I always wanted was the ability to extract all knowledge from a book just by touching it, so you could walk through a library brushing your hand along the shelf and come out a super genius

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It would be pretty cool to be able to dematerialize and rematerialize at will, giving you the ability to travel around as an unseen spirit-form... Spying on people, going anywhere in the world that you want... If you decide to go the criminal route, you could never be imprisoned because you can simply vanish into thin air and reappear elsewhere. Adding to this power, you could easily stretch it to say that you can rematerialize as any form you wish... Wanna be a bird for a while? Go for it!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I would want the power of persuasion. Augment my mind so I would be able to find the needs in every person. Using that knowledge I could recruit and turn any civilian or enemy.

No matter what anyone else's power with just a word they would align themselves with me.

Inherit in this power would be ultimate understanding and compassion, therefore any act of negativity on my part would cause such strife in the minds of my followers that it would destroy me. So the power could only be used for good.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

Nice! I like your balance of powers.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

That's amazing, I actually have a character named Alric who has a power like that. He can manipulate others' minds, for example... If a deranged lunatic ran up to him on the street with a knife trying to stab him, Alric would look directly into his eyes, his emerald eyes would become golden, and the lunatic would suddenly want to calm down, to put the knife down, and to walk away... he wouldn't know what was giving him this sensation, but he would think it was his inner voice, his mind, telling him to do so, when in reality, it was Alric, manipulating his mind into thinking such. Very strong willed people can resist this power, but thankfully for him, strong willed people are a bit rare, and rarely cross his path.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
There's way too many super powers out there to choose from!!!

Umm....The ability to create things out of thin air. The only restriction is how creative you can be. I wouldn't think it would be overpowering if you have to visualize all the detail, functions, its purpose and sometimes it may not even work properly. It would be a challenge to get the right things due to all the thoughts a person has while they attempt to concentrate on one and the focus required can leave someone vulnerable. It would be mysterious, wondering if you're actually creating things, or taking them from different dimensions or worlds.

I would most likely stay hidden and keep a low-profile afterwards however I'm not going to just let people die. I would most likely provide necessary supplies to those who feel most hopeful and attempt to use my powers to open other people's eyes. There is hope, never forget that. I'd want to gather people together to form some sort of group to change the world for the better, but will not be a major leader. Once my super powers are improved I will create inventions that will give us an advantage. I am the type of person who doesn't want to be well known, however wants to help in some other way. If this group happens to fall because of bad leadership, then I'd have to contemplate on a better solution. In a world like that, it would sound quite hectic especially to search for people with high potential and the challenges that may be faced. If there is no one who can be trusted...then I will somehow find a way...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RainingDreams

Not when you can grant wishes. There's no limit to the possibilities...you could even become a god!

And every single power discussed on this thread is yours with just a simple sentence: "I wish I could ____." By the time I finished typing this, I could have every single one of your powers and be fully prepared for, and capable of, taking over the world...or the galaxy...or even the universe...and I still won't have reached my limit of potential.
And unless I wished I could no longer grant wishes, I would be unstoppable. It's terrifying, really.

edit on 11-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Telekinesis. Moving matter with the mind. Any other power would essentially stem from it.
You could manipulate earth, air, fire and water.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by RainingDreams

Not when you can grant wishes. There's no limit to the possibilities...you could even become a god!

Being able to become a god is the biggest misnomer in existence. Is their a creator? I believe yes but I digress.

"God" as you refer to it was created by man, a term, so there for every man is already a "god". It is whats is inside of us that we strive to understand and become, we just call it becoming a god.

If you meant becoming the one creator......hmmm.....I would think that if you were able to somehow usurp that power then you would undo all that is, including yourself, and therefore your efforts would prove futile.

Srry I know that was a little to serious for this thread, just had to throw it in there.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I would have thought about being able to grant wishes as well, but with all powers comes great responsibility. I don't expect wishes to be as simple as it sounds. One wish could change more than what was asked of it. Sometimes certain changes can be overlooked. In this reality where nothing is ever perfect, such an awesome power could have lots of complications even when able to counteract with other wishes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join