It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Hollywood 7/6/12 - Complete With Helicopter Chase

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm surprised at the Chinese Lantern theory still going around -

After some research, the only lanterns I could find were about 42 inches in diameter - that's rough 3.5 feet. Pretty small object to see at 3+ miles. Anyway -

After some seriously complicated math (fyi I am not amazing at) of which I will not go into detail of unless requested it appears that it is unlikely to see an incandescent light bulb (which is approximately how much energy a Chinese lantern would give off) in a 1 mile spherical radius (my math points to about .56 w/m2 @ 1 mile, which converted to lumens/per square foot is about .0088 which would pretty low light).

If we look at where the viewers were (Highlands in Hollywood) and where the park is where they would probably let Chinese Lanterns go the distance is roughly about 3 miles. My math shows that a typical lantern at 3 miles would be giving off .0009 lumens per/sqft - to be able to see an object illuminating just .0009 lumens per square foot in 3 mile radius is pretty damn amazing. From what I understand, using the Inverse Square Law, as the distance of a spherical radius increases, the intensity of light decreases as the distance is doubled. As it were, we know our viewers were 3 miles away from a possible point of Lantern deployment - so at that distance, a Lantern would be giving off very very little light. This is not taking into account atmospheric conditions.

What they witnessed was giving off pretty bright light. You have to keep in mind that a lot of Lanterns today come with light bulbs for safety reasons - but even if it were flame based it would still be showing in the same wavelength as incandescent bulbs and as such same spectrum - so the numbers should be pretty much the same.

Now, like I said, my math could be off - this is complicated stuff and I'm not a math guru by any means. I just wanted to get some numbers to see if we could really spot a typical Chinese lantern in the given 3 mile radius.
If my math is correct, I don't think we're looking at Chinese Lanterns here.
edit on 12-7-2012 by zeeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

You could be right about the music exposure crap, I dont know why they would chose this kind of way to do it tho... The reason i dont think its lanterns is because i have seen lanterns in real life and they dont look like that, they dont sit in one spot for minutes at a time, the helicopter would have made it float at least a lil bit. ... BUT i could be wrong, if I am I am. They could be lantern's, but i dont think so.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

This is my first post after lurking around trying to find any information on what I witnessed several years back. I have done a substantial amount of research on this site about almost every siting trying to explain my own from 2006

I HAVE to say something about this siting because I saw this exact triangle formation this morning at 5 AM while smoking a cigarette on my balcony in Downtown Los Angeles (Cesaer Chavez and N Figueroa St).

I was awake at this time because I had just woke up from an awkward dream. What caught my attention at first was that there was a very bright light just sitting to my left above some apartment buildings; the object was stationary very bright and close maybe about 2 miles; then I started to notice there were 2 fainter lights to the objects (east and north) that were very far from where I was observing but the three together formed a triangle formation.

There were 2 planes flying around at the time so I could easily compare them to the light. And as for it being a helicopter there were about 6 helicopters stationary outside my balcony last night due to some LA ART WALK disturbance that I observed. I see helicopters and airplanes everyday when I'm out there I know for a fact this was a UFO. Even though the closet object was not moving I could see faint movement amongst the other 2 they would go back and forth and circle a bit.

I woke up my girlfriend AND roommate because I knew for a fact that the light closest to us could not be anything but a UFO because I knew 100% that the closest light that was visible cannot be described as plane,helicopter, gov craft, or chinese lantern.

I tried to take a picture and film it with my roommates Sony nex-3 but the battery was exhausted :/ and I knew if I took it with my iphone that it would be dismissed as a chinese lantern due to quality.

I also went out the the balcony at 8 AM to see if they were still there but what do you know there are damn clouds covering the entire sky now.
edit on 13-7-2012 by CreativeReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

I'm almost positive the majority of the Chinese lantern debunkers are disinformation agents/accounts. I saw one of these orbs identical to the ones in this video in redondo beach, hovering over the ocean at almost 4 in the morning. It hovered for about 10 minutes then completely vanished into thin air. Sound like a Chinese lantern to you?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SatanicRoyalty

Classic!

Keeping in mind that your experience is not the experience being discussed in this thread (regardless if you feel there are similarities), I always find it hilarious that on this site, when one disagrees with your stance/opinion/observations they are automatically labelled a shill/disinformation agent without anything to support the statement...pure jokes...in my experience that type of rebutall only further shows the ignorance of the poster posting it.

Always best to find out the truth of a situtation, not reinforcements of your thoughts for the sake of saving face in a public forum even when your stance/opinion/observations are incorrect.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm willing to say that theses light may be chinese lanterns or they may not be. But I feel confident saying that they aren't of some extraterrestrial origin. Whatever they are they are normal. Everybody in LA sees this every night. Are we all ignorant to what would then have to be the most common and frequent UFO hotspot in the world. Why is LA not the worlds largest UFO hotspot if everybody sees this stuff every single night in LA> Because to most observers actually on the scene the objects are normal and not mysterious. They don't even stand out. Do you know how man people would have far superior views of these objects (like say maybe folks living up near mulholland) They'd have an unobstructed view of any of these objects and from a altitude of 1000 feet instead of from some roof top.

Why not evidence rolling out every single day from multiple sources. We see this every night. Whatever it is it's manmade an of no bother to the authorities.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

HAHAHAHA OMG they are fried of their faces. =D

in all honesty aren't these the legit Chinese lanterns? giving off all that "energy" =D omg they are funny as hell stoned.

so yea my answer : Chinese lanterns. Moving on.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
Dude, thats like Chinese lanterns Bro.

edit on 10/7/12 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

yeah dude, dude...it's wierd bro...like, like...look dude, wow...bro...like what is that dude? don know, bro lookitlookit dude, there all going up, dude..wow, bro....checkit checkit, bro

our future leaders of tommorrow in intense debate.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hey it could be worse. there were videos going around of a, IMHO, methhead from the Chatsworth area of Los Angeles a few years back of her going "Wow like check out the UFO man!" while she was filming obvious helicopters. She was so hopped up she probably honestly thought they were UFO's. I dunno. Maybe she thought she could sell the videos for money or something.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by quelmarth just my two cents on this.... Never seen any chinese lantern as big as an helicopter (it did fly around the "light") and the chopper did look smaller... As for being planes... i probably dont have enough knowledge nor do i see as many as there are in LA, but i think that planes dont stay put as those lights, nor the lights of planes behave like those... No doubt for me they are UFOs because i can't tell what they are... but for me they arent nor planes nor chinese lanterns... You have been told what they are, they are chinese lanterns.

DMSUSE, you expect people just to accept what you tell them too?

This footage is clearly very interesting, firstly its doubtful any pilot would be fooled to investigate a lantern - they are probably used to them by now, most of us are familiar with them.

Secondly, if they were Chinese lantern's they would have all ascended in a similar fashion - they did not.

As another poster pointed out, that chopper got very close to the object and it was not affected by rotor wash so that definitely rules lanterns out.

I would love to know what the pilot saw when he got in close, I bet he/they saw humanoids.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Theres a compilation of a bunch of witness clips that not many people seem to know about:

www.youtube.com...

I think they're lanterns.
edit on 9-8-2012 by NoIgnorance because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join