It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOL British people! (The real Britain)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
you know what the english did in your situation 200+ years ago; they left and formed america.

lol, what are you suggesting? We find a new continent, go over there and kill all the indigenous people so we can get away from the horror that is modern day Britain (sarcasm)? By that, I'm not suggesting current US citizens are to blame for the crimes of their past... but that's what it took to do what you're saying.

Oh hang on... we have started to do the whole invasion thing again, so maybe you're right

We're going to invade the US and make it our own again! hehehe.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

What a pile of [snip]...maybe in your little neighbourhood its like you described in your OP but it sure aint like that where i live.

And saying that working hard doesn't pay dividends is ridiculous...it bloody well does, its just how you interpret working hard. Working hard isn't just about doing your hours and filling your working quota for the day its also about resisting the drugs, teaching morals, abiding by your fellow man, raising your children with respect.

Hard work (if your doing it right) never ends...it is continual.

I think you need to get out of the rut you seem to have yourself in...*oh and by the way, you don't need to go and sign on if you don't want too*...try being grateful for the £200 you get because me and others in work are providing it for you.

What is wrong with the UK is people who blab tripe about others whist thinking the world is against them...if your that pissed at it - CHANGE IT, or better yet - CHANGE YOURSELF!!
edit on 10/7/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

As my dad said to me ,when I was young and wondered what I could do to make my life better , he said " there are too many people who want it handed to them on a plate now , and arent willing to bust their arse tae get it "

That was when I was 10 or 11 and asked about getting extra cash for my pocket money
I think 1992 , so I went out and got a paper round and a milk run in the morning before school.

Never asked my dad for a penny since.

He is right , there are far to many people now who just expect to be given support if they fail or cant be arsed, and thats exactly what our government wants , they want us to be dependent on them so that you forget you have rights and liberties , so once your dependent , they will just keep taking from you , your rights and liberties until you are hooked into their system and are nothing more than a slave to the system

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I don't see why Techunique is getting such a hard time, I don't agree with him (or her) re the jobs bit, there are jobs out there but most teens / long term benefit people simply don't want them, they are happier to get the money and do as little as possible for it.

As for the people who attack him for saying estates like that don't exist then shame on you, they do..

What I am going to tell you next about my estate is 100% true, there's no embellishes, no creative wording, its all true..

When I moved here 7yrs ago it wasn't long before I discovered the secrets of our neighbours, my direct next door neighbour became known as 'Don't head butt the baby', a strange name but called this because him and his drunken partner often rowed and smashed he place up, one night the Police were called and she was heard to scream at him NO, DON'T HEAD BUTT THE BABY.

And yes he was arrested just before he could attack their young child.

My own daughter was targeted by a paedophile who was known to the Police, he had two children in his sights and the Police knew who he was and had warned him to stay away from the area but he came back, it took a complaint to the Police for it to be taken more seriously, we the neighbours had to keep an eye out for him and his car for months before it ended.

Another example from my area of blocks local to me ie the ones one away from us either way. My daughter became friends with a girl from the end block, Holly the girl was a strange kid, she soon began to steal from my daughter and I found out, I went to see here parents and made it clear I wasn't happy. The girl began screaming and the mother said to her ' oh don't worry, its not true' and began consoling her making it seem like I was a liar. It was mere days later when the father was arrested for raping a woman a few years before but the real kicker was that everyone knew about it in the family.

He's still in prison...

The block next to us has a pair of prostitutes living there.

We used to have door to door dope dealers, yes I just said door to door dope dealers.

In Flat 6 next door a young couple moved in, it became clear the male was a drug dealer and was arrested within 2 weeks and returned to prison. The girl who had a little daughter was heard daily screaming hatred at the child, we found out she was on a watch list by the social services because of substance abuse and the activities around it. While her partner was inside she slept with anyone and everyone, when he came out they were constantly fighting and smashing the place up while also dealing directly from the flat.

The noise and abuse was unbelievable, we caught him kicking here around the car parking area, constantly kicking her in the stomach and the reason was she had got pregnant to another dealer while he was inside. Eventually the partner left and the original child was taken off her so she moved her new dealer boyfriend in.

One morning we were all woken by police everywhere, what had happened was her and him had had a drugs party and one of the people was asked to go out and get beers in, what he did was spend the money on himself so when he returned they stabbed him with forks and then she smashed his head in, they then stripped him naked and took him covered in blood to the local park and left him there.

Thankfully for him she had just cracked his skull and he called the Police, after much time they were evicted from the flat but she never was done for any crime. She's just gave birth to the dealers baby yet has been seen getting beat up by him on numerous occasions.

We have gangs of Islamists threatening people, gangs of Somali drug dealers, gangs of mixed drug dealers and some of the worst cases of anti social behaviour around.

All of that is perfectly true and actually findable if you lookup Ealing and Northolt newspapers.

So yes, there are horror story estates, to those doubting it just be grateful you are not living on one.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

May I say that though your story is harrowing, it wouldn't do them
any harm to take a leaf out of your book... well done Sir.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
you'll find the best people in the #tiest places in the UK.
Salt of the earth
But something big needs to be done about youth culture in the UK but its not all bad.
Hell i come from quite a # estate and im in america with a life long friend who got a work visa to work in a marriott.
We keep in contact with old mates they generally trying to improve themselfs but its hard.
I know of a few people who had a kid at 16 just to get a place to live.
I know people who just done # all with there lifes and sell drugs and are now in jail.
Problem is that for what ever reason most don't seem to know how to act on the job.
I don't know, there are opportunities out there(very very few) but sadly many parents struggled there whole life with mental illnesses and just trying to cope that didn't leave much time for showing there kids the right way because they were brought up in the same estate.

for americans wondering what the hell were on bout.

ETA:
It seems most don't agree with the OPs picture of the UK. But you have to think to yourself why does he feel that way? imagine what ever one else feels in his area. why do so many feel like there trapped?

because there aren't that great of chances for the youth today.

ETA: I keep forgetting what difficultly i have at explaining and describing my thoughts on a important issue that normally my message comes across completely different to what i intended. But i was reading this article and the stories of people and there hard ships in life can better describe what i mean.

really interesting article.
threatened-isolated-under -siege-the-uks-working-class-today
edit on 10-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by Mclaneinc

May I say that though your story is harrowing, it wouldn't do them
any harm to take a leaf out of your book... well done Sir.

If you mean the mental health thing, yes, people have been very kind on here regarding that, its a tough read but all true (sadly).

As for my estate, every word I wrote is 100% correct, its just a way of life here. The dealers actually show me a begrudging bit of respect as I'm quite a big chap and always look like I'm ready to kill (anyone from a bad estate knows the mean stare tactic), so I move them from my block and have kept it clear, I'm on nodding terms with them.
edit on 11-7-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I totally agree about the alcohol, its sooo cheap, and some don't even taste of alcohol.
Its too easy, gone are the days you had to walk into a pub and ask for a bottle to take out, it wasn't freely available in the past.

And you know the adverts they put on cigarettes and tobacco, to put people off buying it, such as a dead person in the morgue, why aren't they putting it on alcohol of all kinds, I don't think they should make smokers (I'm not one) and not drinkers think again before buying, not that a photo works, we see dead people on tv every day, no shock left...

Alcohol in the wrong hands is as bad as mind altering drugs, and so many die either from the bottle or at the hands of a drunk.....

Britain's not all bad, but the system is all wrong, as it is in many 'developed' countries, just how they like it, so when the time comes, a new way will probably seem to be a great answer to the problem... just as planned, so to speak!

edit on 11/7/2012 by solitudeandme because: I meant some alcohol 'doesn't' even taste like alcohol... (first line).

edit on 11/7/2012 by solitudeandme because: missed a word.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by solitudeandme

Spot on mate, glad someone else can see it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join