It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget little green men: Aliens may look like jellyfish with orange bottoms!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Well it will be a complete let down if we have to be desensitised to giant jelly fish on Jupiter. Speculation doesn't equate with dis info, desensitisation, disclosure or anything much really. Especially when you're talking about a proposed form of life that is trapped in it's own environment.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Yah, here's the picture I was remembering:

Just found it online from here:

Picture Source

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
Yah, here's the picture I was remembering:

Just found it online from here:

Picture Source

Big forward facing eyes on a floating atmosphere cucumber? I find that a highly unrealistic depiction, even for a hypothetical alien species. Having no eyes would probably be more realistic.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
What a load of garbage and dis-information if ever I saw it!

Who seriously has the spare time to envision something like this....or do they actually get paid for coming up with crap like this? I'd seriously love their job!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It takes a scientist to get people to realize this? All we have to do is look at our own planet and it's easily understandable that an alien life form could look like ANYTHING, maybe things we can't even imagine since we barely even understand the life here on earth.
edit on 8-7-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I am interested in seeing what the camo is hiding (protecting) them from.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wouidnt surprise me when we have strange creatures like this: www.abovetopsecret.com... in our own ocean.

And those things caught on STS-75, The Tether incident. Pulsating lifeforms or shape shifting ships?
www.youtube.com...

And all sorts of strange sky critters, like socks, jelly fish and snakes... www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I'll continue to prefer eye-witness reports of physical features of extraterrestrials than speculation by somebody who refuses who entertain the notion that intelligent species from other planets are coming here and being covered up. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I only read the opening post and all I can say is good Lordy already and to think these kind of people make good money and have no clue what so ever.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent
This seems oddly familiar I think I remember seeing this on some Alien series on Netflix where a guy was simply "making" or thinking of what an Alien life on Jupiter would be like. Sadly I can't remember the series but looks very much like the one I saw. Anyways this is what I thought some would look like

I believe I saw that, or something similar.. they had artists render what alien life might look like under different conditions.. like low gravity, high gravity, low oxygen.. low amounts of water... etc.. it was very very interesting

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Wow that would be such a disappointment if they really looked liked that!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
And not to long ago they were saying they would look like dinosaurs.Or was that joke?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hey why not? If alien life exists elsewhere, surely it would have adapted to the living conditions. I've seen something like this though. There's a book called Our Universe by Roy A. Gallant. One portion of the book speculates of life on other planets according to the conditions, the Jupiter section was very similar.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Originally posted by eriktheawful
I remember a painting in a book I saw once, published in the 70's that depicted blimp shaped creatures with wide open mouths in the front of them. The idea was the same: alien life on Jupiter.

The idea was they would only be able to survive below and above a certain depth (too high and they pop, too low and they're crushed).

I always thought it was a cool picture when I looked at it. I want to say it was in a Time-Life book from back then.

Yep, that's the book I'm talking about.

edit on 8-7-2012 by Sw1tch3d because: quote

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Bout all I gotta say is WRONG

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join