It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frustraited Montana Woman Tells It Like It Is....About Obama and Our Senators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Most Americans feel utter despair about the dysfunctionality of our current president and his Congress. Obama and 535 representatives fail to correct our economic decline, our trade deficit, our financial debt, enforce our immigration laws, correct our joblessness as well as our drop in standard of living for average Americans.

I agree...

With 14 million unemployed and 7 million underemployed, and 46 million subsisting on food stamps, the numbers don’t lie. Obama and Congress fail our citizens at every level.

Astoundingly, those folks in Washington DC constitute the prime reason for America’s predicament. They engineered it with free foreign trade that killed our manufacturing; insourcing, offshoring and outsourcing of our jobs which they mandated; importing 3.1 million foreigners annually without pause for the past 40 years, which has created too many workers and not enough jobs, endless welfare programs for illiterate high school dropouts to live on forever, etc. Today, while Congressional critters enjoy wealth and privilege, we pay their bills and we eat the consequences.

At the same time, while Americans could vote them out of office, they re-elect most incumbents decade after decade. A senator must die before he finally vanishes from the halls of Congress, i.e., Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, Teddy Kennedy of Massachusetts, Strom Thurmond and at some point, John McCain of Arizona. You could name a dozen more career do-nothing senators that voters continued to vote into office long after the senators’ useful lives as to governing.

Here's what boils my blood....

Alan Simpson, Senator from Wyoming, Co-Chair of Obama's deficit commission, calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation, as he compared "Social Security" to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats.

Here's where the Montana woman comes in...

I ran across a Montana ranch woman, Patty Myers who spoke directly to exactly what we see happening in Congress.

“Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight!” she wrote to Simpson. “As a career politician, you have been on the public dole for fifty years. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 years (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
“My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give our money to a bunch of zero ambition losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would have made Bernie Madoff proud.”

These traitorous [SNIP] really boil my blood. They say we have guillotines in America hidden for "The Useless Eaters" but I say we should re-enact the French Revolutionary War. Let them Eat Cake Indeed.

LINK
edit on 7-7-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
You need to be re-educated in a FEMA camp.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
On second thought, these Senators are probably not even elected by US.

They are placed by Corporations and the PTB. They change the rules as they go along.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
You need to be re-educated in a FEMA camp.

Care to explain that.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'm always astounded about how Congress has an 8% approval rating but over 80% of Congresspeople get consistently reelected every single time.

What's the definition of futile? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
I'm always astounded about how Congress has an 8% approval rating but over 80% of Congresspeople get consistently reelected every single time.

What's the definition of futile? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

They (Senators) are supposedly elected to represent us the US citizen the ole "No taxation without representation" this is what it's supposed to be. But, it seems they are now thinking they are Royalty and we are the Subjects in a Serfdom.

Serfs of the Republic. Tarry Ho.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

These idiots are SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS by the system. It takes big money to get elected. We need to pool ALL campaign donations into a pool and distribute them equally among the candidates running. That way no company will be able to buy individual politicians.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The pendulum swings far and wide.

200 hundred years ago this country was at the peak of one end of a swing and now we are heading toward the other end.

New personal quote:

"Like the weather, things need get hot before they cool off and the change is normally preceded by a storm."

new topics

top topics

join