It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realtors Offering Anti-Zombie Strongholds For Sale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Well it looks like even realtors are getting in on the preparations for the Zombie Apocalypse (just in case) with these anti-zombie strongholds; Although you might think of the traditional former missle silo as being an obvious choice for defense, these are kind of interesting too. I think I will take the more traditional one as my choice, the castle in Austin.

How about you?

Anti-Zombie Strongholds For Sale

So the rumor is that the zombie apocalypse may have arrived. Sure, the Centers for Disease Control denies it, but what does the CDC know? Just to be on the safe side, Realtor.com put together a list of prime zombie-defense real estate capable of putting those with an unquenchable thirst for human flesh at a distance from you and your family. (You can see many more pictures of these strongholds and others at Realtor.com. This slideshow is adapted from Realtor.com with its permission.)

Source: realestate.yahoo.com...

edit on 7/7/2012 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Wish i had 11 mill sure is a fine pad zombie or no zombie

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I love the look of the stronghold in East Sister Rock Island in Marathon, FL.

It's a shame I'm in the UK otherwise I might just try my luck at getting to that island in the case of a zombie apocalypse.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Realtors are smart.

They know there is a sucker born every minute.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Got a damned good chuckle out of this one.

In all seriousness, however, some of these places are extremely nice places. If I could afford them I'd look into owning and living in one. Beautiful properties indeed.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Nice places but I think I could do better with some shipping containers stacked and welded together.
A nice trap door to seal off the stairs going up if a "last stand is needed.
And of course a boatload of Ruger 10-22's and crates of 22lr ammo!!

And at the cost of the containers, you'd be able to afford the guns and ammo as compared to the castles.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

You'd run out of 22s so fast just trying to make holes in the living dead.

I say 7.62x39. Would do the job pretty cheap.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Zombies have poor motor skills but are difficult to kill, especially the ones that are already dead. Build a nice moat that can be set ablaze with a couple hundred gallons of oil. Decapitation is the most effective way to deal with rotting warriors. Buy a nice katana or claymore broadsword. Save the ammo for the live ones.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
There's a site that has been doing this for a little while now that is a spin off of James Rawles survivalblog.com. www.survivalrealty.com...
It's his son I believe. Though they have to much class to do what that yahoo crap was selling it as.

PS

If anyone who would be reading/posting in this survival sub forum has never checked out survivalblog, you're missing out on a plethora of knowledge.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
If the missle silo convert one was in my state I would buy it today. Only 750k for that place is awesome deal.

join