It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relocating to Marion Illinois in Oct - Need to get myself and my five cats there from Berkeley CA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I feel safer posting here rather than at the notorious CraigsList.

Basically, it's time to go home. I have accepted a buy-out for my apartment and will be moving to Marion Ill - I have to be out of here by Nov 1st.

I will be shipping by possessions but I need to get me and the cats there.

I do not want to fly them and the only other recourse is to find a ride there.

I do not drive, but I can pay for gas and food, etc.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
You are definitely in a bit of a predicament. I think you need to find homes for your cats and have a relative try to help you get back to Illinois. That would be the smartest thing you can do right now.

I know you love your cats and all but if your relatives are not willing to transport them, then you need to make a decision.

Sell your belongings for the bus ticket.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Put them in an envelope and hope for the best. Just make sure you put enough postage on it.

Peace

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I live in Berkeley too
Well technically El Cerrito, but I'm sure you know how close Berkeley is to me. It's like a mile or two away.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Those cats will be useful should TSHTF. Ever cook a potato on campfire coals? The skin is charred but underneath is delicious. Get a dog for defense and company.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Quite the Quagmire...for sure your not leaving kitty alone with no stranger...tuck lovable with you on the tour...if you love it enough....I would not move if my animal was not with me....hope all go's well...MEOW

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Marion sucks. Why would you want to live here? Lol

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I have heard that Marion sucks LOL! My sister lives there, having moved there a year ago when her husband got transferred - she's really lonely and well, I can help her. Mom and Dad live in WV about 8 hours away.

I have lived here in Berkeley for 18 years! I have a LOT of stuff.

I can't give up my babies, I will find a way

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

I am in El Cerrito a lot. :-)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I don't think this is a good forum for rides but how many of the cats can ride together in the same carrier and how many carriers do you have? The smaller hard sided one are better since they won't squash the cats if it gets rough for some reason. Lots of newspapers in all. Keep one carrier empty. When they mess you transfer kitty to fresh carrier and change paper in the old one. I have had experience transporting many cats from one local to another. Feliway is a spray I used to calm them down during the ride. Never left the cages. You don't want to be hunting a rest stop for your cat. Good luck. Why not try the rides section of Craigs list and screen the person very well? You may volunteer to transport a vehicle for someone. I wouldn't mention the cats and keep them on a need to know basis. More than 3 cats scares people so if you mention them at all... I would also stop the number there.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four
Those cats will be useful should TSHTF. Ever cook a potato on campfire coals? The skin is charred but underneath is delicious. Get a dog for defense and company.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

I had a cat who hunted rabbits and squirrels. She would bring them to me with the head off. I've never known a dog to do that. SHTF she'd stay with me. I'm gonna need to eat.

join