It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annoying coworkers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I just posted in a thread about people who never shut up. Talk a lot but really say nothing.

That prompted me to start this thread about annoying coworkers and how you may deal with them. I TRY to tune them all out. Not always easy.

I have a few. One is Miss Cackler. She cackles (in a fake manner might I add) at full outdoor cackle volume at a screeching, ear splitting decibel . She's number one on my list. And I mean cackle. There is no other word to describe it. An earsplitting outdoor volume cackle. It literally makes me cringe. And it is SO fake. And what makes it worse is that I have heard her complain about other people being loud?!?! PLEASE!! She's the loudest one in the office. She is a very fake loud cackling attention seeker.

Then I have the guy who snorts and snuffles and sneezes as loud as he can, blows his nose very very loudly and nastily and even has actually barfed into a trashcan at his desk. Yes, barfed into the trashcan. At his desk.

But Miss Cackler is the worst. And there are a few others cacklers. When they get together and start cackling it reminds me of a chicken house, which I've been in.

I'm sure I annoy people too. I'm sure I'm loaded with annoying bits. But I feel nice typing about the others.

I'd love to read other experiences.

edit on 7/6/12 by Beldy because: add video

edit on 7/6/12 by Beldy because: fix video placement

edit on 7/6/12 by Beldy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
A pair of Bose Quiet Comfort head phones will set you back ~$300. They are well worth the money. Fending off a murder/manslaughter charge can run 100k or more.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Put oxygen remover in the coffee urn.

That works to silence and remove annoying co-workers.

8]

* the advice in this post is strictly educational in purpose and is not meant for real life intent.

* If I said that I never lie, would that be a lie?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

What does that do?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I don't have annoying co-workers.

I have some annoying customers.

Whine about every little thing.

edit on 6-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Beldy

...You can't beat a good cackle, Beldy ! If you can't beat 'em - join 'em ! Go on, join in with them, have a good cackle, but no gossiping, and do it in your break time, not your employers, goes without saying...

Here in the UK, we have a saying, " Laughter is a fine tonic - don't bottle it ! "

( This assumes that by " Cackling " you mean a form of laughter ? )

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I knew an upmarket auto franchise selling a German marque, that used to refer to it's customers as Bitches, Moaners and Whingers ! ( Behind their backs, of course...)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I have them all where I work. The know it all, the creeper, the unproductive, the loud mouth, the over dramatic about everything, the overpaid, the gossip machine, the guy who sends you links all day, etc.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by mainidh

What does that do?

I dunno, I got the sack the next day, but it's .. Oh wait, if I tell you I'll have to .. give you a nice up of coffee!!

oO

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by audioengineer
I have them all where I work. The know it all, the creeper, the unproductive, the loud mouth, the over dramatic about everything, the overpaid, the gossip machine, the guy who sends you links all day, etc.

Odd I don't think I work with you..

hrmm, who have you been talking to?

joke of the week time:

Why are an accountant and someone constipated the same?
They can both work it out with a pencil!

I hear SarnholeOntarable is going nuts.. I think it's all that politics..

Here's a link - creepy and linky!!

icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com...

lol

edit on 6-7-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I recently took a job doing contract work. It pays a little better than double what I would make if I took a local permanent position. I am qualified to do this because I have many years experience, and I go to areas that are very short on workers, and I need very little orientation to jump in, and start kickin' arse.

At my current assignment I work with a co-worker who has been in the field less than 18 months, but is convinced she is God's gift to the industry. She runs around doing all your work before you can do it so she can run to the boss, and complain about what a slacker you are, and that she had to do your work. Unfortunately she is too stupid to realize she is not getting her own work done, and people are complaining.

I had a karmic moment last week when she finally complained directly to me about it. That she felt she was always doing my work.

I said "Yes... you are doing ALL my work, and I appreciate it, especially since I make twice what you make an hour. Thank you."
She said "That isn't fair!!!"
I said "No it isn't."
She said "Then why am I doing all your work?"
I said "I don't know you tell me."
She said "Because you aren't doing it!!!"
I said "Because you insist on doing it, and assume a veteran in the profession is incapable while you, a novice, are vastly superior. What you fail to realize is that I'm smart enough to let you do my work for me while I just double check your work, and draw a huge paycheck. Now who's smarter?"
She said "Well... I'm not doing your work for you any more!"
I said "Fine I never asked, or expected you to. You took it upon yourself, and when a dumbass errs in your favor you don't correct them."

Then the very next day she started running around doing my job instead of hers. Oh well sucks for her. I just hope she doesn't get fired before my contract is up. I rather enjoy making big bucks watching some newbie do my job thinking they are impressing the boss, while they aren't taking care of their own business.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess there is someone (me I'm sure too) who's an annoyance at every office.

edit on 7/6/12 by Beldy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join