It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Refutations of common atheist arguments regarding a Creator

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So if the Big Bang created the Universe, what created the Big Bang? This is a chicken or egg question. Religions will say it was the gods (or whatever is their Most High God ie Ahura Mazda, Brahma, Anu, YHWH, Tiamat etc.), atheist say it was a random bunch of crap happening and they don't really know, perhaps it was a fluke in their minds.

Gravity however, in terms of supermassive, or even a galaxy wide blackhole (or a tiny pinprick in the void) with all the matter in the universe crammed into it do not just regurgitate all the matter in the universe out, there had to be a catalyst, an outside force. Those who believe we know what did it, those who do not believe, they run on the same thing we do, faith. They just don't know what their faith is in.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
"We don't know what really happened, so we ought not to eat pork or else off with your head." Surely does the absurdity of this statement capture the religious mindset. The religious merely want to impose their will upon others. Me, me, me. They don't really care about what really happened. Neither do most "scientists" -- they just want to make money. If you really cared about what really happened, substantiate. If you really cared about the origin of the universe, substantiate. If you really wanted to know how fast an apple falls on Mars -- you guessed it -- substantiate.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786Well, you are wrong. I did watch it. Can you stop trying to make this personal now and stick to the topic?

This, I highly doubt

No, it's not making things up. This answer is based in numerous religious texts. For it to be "made up" would mean that there is nowhere we can cite this as an explanation. I can cite numerous Qur'an verses about God being eternal and self-sustaining.

Citing other men who were making this stuff up, is still people making stuff up.

Besides eternal and self-sustaining is not the same as 'out of time and space'

How do you know it did?

How do you know it was? See, for every question you pose, I can pose the opposite.

And were these "natural events" which caused it? What evidence do you have to support that claim? See, while many scientists can theorize what caused this to happen, none of them have a concrete answer for it. None of them have verifiable testable evidence to support it. They are "possibilities."

You're the one making the positive claim that your particular entity is responsible as the only possible explanation. I was presenting other options, or 'possibilities and asking how you knew they were incorrect. I wasn't making claims as would be clear to most folk...

Inserting a god/space-ghost/wizard into our gaps in knowledge is a desperate game, you're eventually going to have no-where to hide. Its not asthough you're going to come forward with any verifiable testable evidence to support you're chosen entity..........is it

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

Let's assume that you're correct, OP, and that there is a "God" and it exists outside of space and time. Does it live alone or have a mother and father, wife, family, job....?

So is god a guy? A gal? Does god have emotions like jealousy and urges like murder? Does god feel regret?

Is god detached and unaware or an interfering judgmental busy body?

Is god a super body of all the stars in this universe and all the other alternate universes and dimensions? If so, does god even believe we exist?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I neither believe in the big bang theory or god, so where does that leave me?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to [url= by Mister_Bit[/url]

.....an atheist.......

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Epicurus [341–270 B.C.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Epicurus [341–270 B.C.

Which presupposes a complete understanding of evil, God and reality, thus invalidating the statement.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
I neither believe in the big bang theory or god, so where does that leave me?

There is no Atheist or Scientist running around and saying "believe in big bang or die" lol

Its your choice to accept The Big Bang, imo, i have an open mind about it, because the evidence is hard to come by for something like that, all we have so far is the "splatter pattern " of the universe and now.. we are actually testing the Bosons, in fact the Bosons is just a scratch on the surface.

Thats the best thing about not following a religion, you can pick and choose things you want to believe.

I'm about 90% on Evolution, about 60% on big bang theory, 1% on god(hey no one can be 100% or 0%).

--------------------------

To address the fact if god exist and we are standing in front of him on the day. Atheist would be far better than a religious person. I would like, "God, you didn't show me you existed, nor gave me evidence, and all the fruitcakes following you just made me stay the heck away from you, can you blame me?"

Religious person on the other hand, who pick and choose religion and despise other religion, will be getting the heck beat out by the god they didn't believe in.

And if god were to categorize us, he would put all the religious in the followers category, and all the Atheist into thinkers category, we would be like his advisers
. Seriously who would want someone that doesn't know much outside their own little world?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join