It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking homemade cure on dysmenorrhea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Do i have to take the tea before my period, or while i'm having them?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Thank you for the link, i will go through it also.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Did someone stopped one day having dysmenorrhea? After pregnancy, or something else?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Is there also specific foods that i shouldn't take?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by starheart

Mine stopped when I started taking the pill, which regulated the hormonal balance; it was oh so nice. However, I had to stop taking it for medical reasons, then the dysmenorrhea started up again. Do you also have endrometriosis? If so, I can tell you that bearing a child definitely elliminates that condition, well at least it did with me. The dysmenorrhea did not go away after bearing children with me, but that does not mean it would not with you as everyone is different.

So, now I'm rethinking taking soy for the natural estrogen. The pill is estrogen and it has regulating effects.

OP, what have you tried so far?
edit on 8-7-2012 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by starheart

Do i have to take the tea before my period, or while i'm having them?

I just make sure I take a cup or two a day all month.
Traditionally it's used in the third trimester of pregnancy to tone your uterus, but I find it's extremely effective in calming the negative effects of menstruation.

I actually never suffered until after the birth of my first child. After my second I was fine again, no bother at all for 11 years. Now after the birth of the small cheeky one I suffer terribly, so my tea is a godsend.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I heard that having child stopped the condition. Hope that will happen in some time, but right now, i need something else than child or the pill (what is it anyway?).

I tried achillea millefolium tea; it works... but not that much. Lying in the sun, in the child posture (the only yoga posture that i appreciate), and taking real hot bath is my relief system; and the evening: MOVIES... and hot milk with honey to help me sleep. And listening to Enya (her albums The Celts, Watermark, Amarantine, and Paint the sky with the stars are my favourites to sleep with). I put her albums to repeat and after the first round, especially with The Celts, i am asleep like a baby for the whole night. I have to heightened my pillow at 45 degree and more, and sleep toward my left, either on the back, or in foetus and half-foetus/half on the back.

But that is only relieving the pain, it is not taking it out. A member suggested peppermint tea, so next month, i'll try it out and give the result here.

P.S: another member said to do not take soy for it contained estrogen, and estrogen was the reason for dysmenorrhea.
edit on 11-7-2012 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

So you didn't have dysmenorrhea before your first baby, but had it after; then it stopped for 11 years after the second one, and it started again after the third one?

Anyway, i'll try the raspberry tea during the month. Thank you, i will tell you the result next month.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by starheart

I'm glad you can find some relief to live a somewhat normal life. I remember taking alot of days off work because the pain was so intense I actually could not walk.

I did not try any natural remedies for dysmenorrhea back then. But I did break down and took the over the counter medication for this condition. After all, isn't most of our medicine derived from nature anyway? I took Midol only during the most painful bouts.

en.wikipedia.org...

As for the estrogen, it is confusing to say the least, but taking the pill did regulate my period and eliminated the dysmenorrhea for me.

Here's a link with alternative natural remedies if you are game to try some of them. If you do, please let us all know if you find relief with any of them.

ezinearticles.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Thank you. I will try to find the herbs mentioned, and if i can test them, i'll give the results here. I feel you when you say that you couldn't walk... Sometimes, my mother takes me to do some food shopping, and i can barely stay upright for 2 minutes...

And trust me, my method does not relief me at all. I get relieved only towards supper, and even then... The bath and lying in the sun only diminish the pain...

edit on 11-7-2012 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Okay.
So i have news for you girls... although that i am not sure about what was the cause of my decrease in pain. For the whole month, i didn't took soya ( as a member suggested), and this morning i woke up, read for the first time the first book of Harry Potter (kept my mind busy, for it was a new story), then went pick up for two hours some medicinal plants in the sun. Then i saw that i've began, and i only had a very small pain, as if i just had a backache from a hard day. I let the hours passes, continued to read Harry Potter, and i am still fine! My pain was 75-80 % less intense than the other months! I tried to take some prunella vulgaris/achillea millefolium/peppermint tea, but because i've made the mix three days ago, it tasted awful, so i abandonned the idea of drinking it, although it was against pain.
So i have no idea whether it has been the soy less month, or my morning reading and picking in the sun, but i am acceptably fine, i will have to wait till tomorrow to see if it backfire.
Just to give you a feedback, as i promised.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The following herbs are reputed to 'normalize' menstruation. I suggest you research them all, but what stands out is cayenne and ginger; also raspberry leaves. You could add these two in your daily diet.

Golden Seal Root, Blessed Thistle, Uva Ursi, Cramp Bark, False Unicorn Root, and Squaw Vine.

Good luck.

More on Squaw Vine:

www.botanical.com...

edit on 10-8-2012 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Update:

Last time, took almost two weeks in advance, 2-3 times per day, Achillea millefolium (Yarrow) & Prunella vulgaris (All-Heal) tea, and raspberry leaf & peppermint tea, and it seemed to work! Also, not taking soya at all seems to be also the key, and a (or many, if you can) big hot bath and whatever makes you sleep like a baby in no time (i use warm milk and honey, but if there's an even better sleeping something other than aspirin, please inform me).

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
You know with any natural remedy you must be cautious and not take it for very long. However, I have an old book with many recipes and here's one for problems in that regard.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by troody12
You know with any natural remedy you must be cautious and not take it for very long. However, I have an old book with many recipes and here's one for problems in that regard.

I always wait till I have about a week, before taking my remedies.
For now I found a commercial tea that works much better than raspberry leaves, achillea, and all-heal.

However, I would be very interested in your book's recipe, if you wouldn't mind. I want to see if there's even something better than the commercial tea.
Thank you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join