It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Folks are beginning to figure out the religion confidence game--and the wizzard has taken flight

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Speculate much? It's interesting to see how you know what was in the mind if a man whose been dead 2700 years. Arrogant much?

What can one say, the globe doesn't have 4 corners, nor is it a flat circle. One doesn't have to speculate, it speaks plainly of 2 dimensional concepts.

Isaiah 11:12
And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Isaiah 40:22
22 It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,

"Flat Earth" concepts existed in the time of Constantain via Lactantius:

en.wikipedia.org...

Lucius Caecilius Firmianus Lactantius was an early Christian author (ca. 240 – ca. 320) who became an advisor to the first Christian Roman emperor, Constantine I, guiding his religious policy as it developed,[1] and tutor to his son.

However, his mockery of the idea of a round earth[9] was criticised by Copernicus as "childish".[10]

So, the very person that started the Bible and Jesus thing was led by his Flat Earth advisor, Lactantius, and Constantine followed that guidance. So, then we have Copernicus and Gallileo going against the founding father for the Catholic Churches beliefs on Flat Earth concepts. Copernicus was afraid to say the word Orb with the work up of his treatise of both Orbs and Sun Centered criteria, and he omitted the term Orb from the title to keep down issues. These are the issues that Jefferson locked onto.

The real issue was not what the Greeks thought, but what the words of the Bible told as the word of god. Copernicus and Galileo had Bible Precicence on the issue of the Earth moves around the Sun via Joshua 10:13 and even Martin Lurther spoke to this being so:

sacred Scripture tells us [Joshua 10:13] that Joshua commanded the sun to stand still, and not the earth.

The real issue appeared to be one of flat or orb as the most sensitive issue because it is not possible to set a globe on a foundations as orb objects roll around and there is not up direction

Psalm 104:5 says, "the Lord set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved."

The very originator for the Bible has this flat Earth connection, that has become the metaphore term for all the bad beliefs caused by Bible Narrative word selections that fall short of the mark for reality today.

Jefferson's observation appears to be the most insightful recount of the churches issues as the Bible tells the Sun can stand still, but most of the Bible accounts speak to flat Earth shape for foundations, corners of the Earth, and so on. Which goes against the Bible's word.

edit on 7-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Flat Earth in the times of Constantine.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

Even Thomas Jefferson took note of the Galileo addition of spherical thinking:

xroads.virginia.edu...

Galileo was sent to the inquisition for affirming that the earth was a sphere: the government had declared it to be as flat as a trencher, and Galileo was obliged to abjure his error.

Gee, since the rest of the world knows that wasn't the case, do you suppose that old Tom might not have made a mistake there? You don't seem to think that God is infallible, but do you think that Jefferson is?

Jefferson, Galileo and the myth of the flat-earthers

I will say that what you lack in common sense, you more than make up for with redundancy and tenacity. Unless you have something useful to add to the conversation, I'm done -- you've been shown to be a fool throughout this thread, I see no need to keep beating on the defenseless.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I see you are back into your typical name calling and using some unknown author that doesn't know the thinking for the churches in the times of Galileo. The church didn't care what the Greeks or anyone thought of the planets, it had to be in the book and if there was not a Biblical view, it was wrong.

The church, in that period, makes its decisions only on the Bible narratives and nothing else. So, the bulk of the views came from Constaintine that the world was flat, and the words of Isaiah that the world was flat. You little author doesn't even mention Lactantius, which is important for flat earth belief's existance way back to Constatine.

Most of the Christians are in a twit because of Darwin's Evolution theme, and the Evolutionist really slammed the dumb Christian's views, because the vapid Christians don't separate what happened with the Sumerian Creator gods and the long term evolution theme without the Creator gods DNA blending and genetic breeding.

Dawin's Evolution theme works fine for the animals, but it doesn't deal with the genetic hop in Human Evolution due to the Sumerian genetic breeding putting an accleration bump in the Darwin Evolution curve. If one includes that genetic hop, the Darwin works fine.

Your little vapid author thinks on so low a level that isn't even mentioned. Such isn't worthy of respect due to so many oversights of simple reality. Such a pitiful missive shows the level of insight of Christians is quite low. Apparently the belief system doesn't teach critical thinking and some regress as natural selection fails due to screwed up belief systems. Such makes society more dumb, than progressing toward greater intelligent.

I think, due to vapid missive like that one, that the Christians that don't get the Darwin theme correct with the separate role of human and animal evolutiuon history, plus not getting the flat earth vapid games of the church correct, are fully due to all their similar lack of processing skills being captured under the metaphore of flat earth believers, because one sure can't call it thinking.

You have been leaving for a page now. The thread will be much better off without the functional illiterate level opinions and name calling because you are shown again and again to be wrong.

edit on 7-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Christianity is loaded with functional illiteracy, on every type knowledge from archiology to evolution.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I see you are back into your typical name calling and using some unknown author that doesn't know the thinking for the churches in the times of Galileo.

I'm finding you "mainstream" articles because your comprehension is so low that anything academic is not likely to be understood by you.

I hate citing Wikipedia, but here you go:

The paradigm of a spherical Earth was developed in Greek astronomy, beginning with Pythagoras (6th century BC), although most Pre-Socratics retained the flat Earth model. Aristotle accepted the spherical shape of the Earth on empirical grounds around 330 BC, and knowledge of the spherical Earth gradually began to spread beyond the Hellenistic world from then on. The misconception that educated Europeans at the time of Columbus believed in a flat Earth, and that his voyages refuted that belief, has been referred to as the "Myth of the Flat Earth". In 1945, it was listed by the Historical Association (of Britain) as the second of 20 in a pamphlet on common errors in history.

(Source)

Then read this entry: Myth of the Flat Earth

If you actually read that and honestly believe that you have a point to make, there's no hope for you.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

If you actually read that and honestly believe that you have a point to make, there's no hope for you.

You like to omit that the church of that time didn't care about science, nor what the Greeks thought, nor Pythagoras' thinking. The church only knows the Bible and nothing else can enter the mind.

The Church has a very narrow view of the only approved Bible knowledge or what is expressly written in the Bible.

So, folks like Galileo were having to show what they believe in astronomy was supported by the Bible Cannon, their science didn't matter, seeing the image on the telescope didn't matter, the only thing that the church worked with was the Bible's beliefs and did god write of it.

So, all this hand waving by these Christians trying to escape being called Flat Earth people are Flat Earth because they were constrained by the Bible's words. It didn't matter about anything else, but only of how narrowly the church interpreted the bible.

Such is the flat earth connotations of the Christians that follows in like cast for the same Bible lack of words to the isues of Darwin's Evolution. Darwin's theme was not in the Bible because the issue was the genetic breeding experimentation by the Sumerian Creator gods, which was breeding via inclusion of more advanced DNA. Yet, Darwin applied to earlier human progression. And the ancient archiology works well up to the point of the DNA breeding issues that were the story of Adam in Sumeria, the progression to Cane and Tubal Cane, then to Enoch, on down to Noah and Nimrod. These were all linked to the bloodline of that original DNA breeding experiment.

Darwin's theory works fine with the animals that didn't have all the genetic breeding happening to them. Darwin works fine, if one includes the genetic breeding jump in the evolution curve due to Sumeria's breeding of humans.

So, the intelligent world of critical thinkers that know the church world of inquisitions realize they were only allowed to know what the Bible said was so. Thus, flat Earth was happening in the times of Constantine, and the issues of Evolution stem from the same vapid mindset of it wasn't supported in the Bible. This contined in the times of Galieleo's problems.

Flat Earth connotations speaks to the ignorance of the Bible Narratives and those constrained to follow exactly what it said and nothing else. No science, not telescopes, not Pythagoras, only what was written in the book.

It affected Galileo from the point of spherical earth claim and the stationary sun model. Gallileo still didn't get things right because he didn't get the 7.5 degree Earth axis tilt correct to model the season changes correctly. Missed the Obits were elliptical, and the planets were not really spherical.

Flat Earth is the Christian Bible Believers, which can't admit the highly restrictive methods of the church. The church is the promotion of ignorance and it shows up today with these weak minded insights of the history for the world and the inclusion of the critical factors to produce an accurate history.

edit on 7-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The Hateful Church still promotes ignorance and a faulty mental analysis capacity that keeps it ignorant.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

You like to omit that the church doesn't care about science, nor what the Greeks thought, nor Pythagoras' thinking. The church only knows the Bible and nothing else can enter the mind.

So you're a Fundamentalist, then? I guess that explains a bit, though I've met Fundamentalists who are far more capable in their thinking than you are.

The Catholic Church, if that's what your beef is with, being a Fundamentalist, is one of the few Christian faiths that is in congruence with science, supporting the theory or evolution, for example. The modern University system in the western hemisphere was created by the Catholic Church, bet you didn't know that

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

You like to omit that the church doesn't care about science, nor what the Greeks thought, nor Pythagoras' thinking. The church only knows the Bible and nothing else can enter the mind.

So you're a Fundamentalist, then? I guess that explains a bit, though I've met Fundamentalists who are far more capable in their thinking than you are.

The Catholic Church, if that's what your beef is with, being a Fundamentalist, is one of the few Christian faiths that is in congruence with science, supporting the theory or evolution, for example. The modern University system in the western hemisphere was created by the Catholic Church, bet you didn't know that

I am certainly not a Poodle on a leash putting on a show for any churches mantra. You have that role. You also attempt to categorize everything, as an accountant looking for a cost center. I don't fit your analysis, no matter how you try because I only take up the true issues, which no religion contains.

It doesn't matter who I am or that I go to church or not. I read all the religions, correlate the factors to history and sort out the ignorance issues. I read all the non-Cannon pieces and the pre-flood history that shows up in various places. Most of all I apply critical thinking, knowledge of sciences, geology, minerals, egyptian history, sumerian history, and the ways of nature and the accomplishments in space.

I am not really impressed with any religion other than science that is the study of the real Creator for the Universe's designs.

I am a free thinker that won't be told what to think by any church or any religion without double-checking for truth from multiple sources. The world is very simple when one can let go of the religion crutch, and open the mind to the reality of the universe, and not some simple minded ancient people telling nothing more than a poorly written Star Trek episode about pagan gods.

Stop trying to dig information on me so you can expand your attacks into personal attacks on the messenger of various points. When you move to gather personal data, it is clear that you can't defeat the message and that message pretty much distroys the church as nothing more than a poorly written movie script of pagan gods playing breeding experiments like farmers do with cows these days.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I am certainly not a Poodle on a leash putting on a show for any churches mantra. You have that role. You also attempt to categorize everything, as an accountant looking for a cost center. I don't fit your analysis, no matter how you try because I only take up the true issues, which no religion contains.

The incredibly poorly constructed sentences there, along with the rest of your posts, leads me to believe that you either a) don't speak English and are using some sort of translator software that doesn't work very well, or b) you're randomly generating "intellectual" responses but are really just taking the piss.

Either way, fun's over, thread dies. It will remain as a testimony to your ignorance, so that anyone who looks at your profile will see that you're not serious. Thanks for playing.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

The incredibly poorly constructed sentences there, along with the rest of your posts, leads me to believe that you either a) don't speak English and are using some sort of translator software that doesn't work very well, or b) you're randomly generating "intellectual" responses but are really just taking the piss.

Either way, fun's over, thread dies. It will remain as a testimony to your ignorance, so that anyone who looks at your profile will see that you're not serious. Thanks for playing.

Such folly, The issue is that you can't control the thead with attitude and expousing nonsense. I do think your lack of schooling is beginning to show up with the simple fact that you don't know the Volcanic Rift Zone effects linked to Moses god and all those acts of god like Soddom and Gomorrah.

So it goes with folks that read one book and falsely assume they know everything, plus likely didn't have what it took to take sciences or other highly technical issues in higher schooling.

Everyone that studies the issues of the Bible know that Moses Mtn. was a natural effect associated with the East African Rift zones volcanic effects. Most even notice the Dead Sea is part of that Rift zone and it gives up asphalt from below due to the Rift heat reacting with oil deposits.

Guess you never really walked on a volcano to experience some of the issues that were written of Moses and his experience with the Volcanic Rift Zone god.

I think the thread has just begun to show the utter ignorance of the Christians lack of knowledge and why they belief in pagan gods. Christians only read one book and that it makes them genius, when It only makes them ignorant of the world and nature's ways.

There is no better representative of that vapid Christian Image and arrogance than yourself.

FogHorn sees that you can't even read a children's book, so you are really really hopeless. And the rest of us take note also.

Isaac Asimou 'How did we find out about volcanoes?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join