It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real ID & that Little Gold Star on Your Driver’s License

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yeah the GO-GATHER-GET bull# here in Florida caused (causes) quite a stir. I was at the motor vehicle behind a little old lady who had no idea where her birth certificate was--she'd been driving, what, 65 or so years and can't get her license renewed because she "can't prove" she is who she is!

In FL the gold star appears at the end of your license number; not sure what the hidden star is that folks are talking about; ours is right out in the open.

I'm glad I don't drive anymore; between that and the RFID chips that are supposedly in our license plates.....

I know there's a chip in my new passport card though as well
damnit
edit on 25-7-2012 by anarcha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I scanned through, but didn't see the information I'm looking for.

There is a product, a plastic film, that stops RFID from interacting with local sensors. The manufacturer sells pouched to carry your passport in, so that someone with a 'reader' doesn't steal your ID at the airport just by walking past you.

...just googling, I don't find the name of the substance; but I found websites selling RFID-blocking wallets, purses, and even cellphone holders(!) for $30 or so.

That way, you can be "there" when you need to be, and not present when you don't.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Chairman of Libertarian Party of Florida challenges the constitutionality of the Real ID Act in court.
Published March 11, 2013

<< 11  12  13   >>

join