It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry man smashes up T-Mobile shop in Manchester UK

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by b6x87
You know what, it really wouldn't surprise me if this was merely a T-Mobile Viral Campaign. The way he acts, all that he does, it's not as if he set the place alight or even tried to.

Also, when are the police THAT quick to respond to anything?!

But if it is real, then fair play to him. More people seem to be standing up against things these days, tearing the hypocrisy of it all down with them.
edit on 3-7-2012 by b6x87 because: (no reason given)

LOL I never thought about that .... all he has to say is he thought the place was on fire and he was trying to put the flames out ......... ah oops I didn't take my medication this morning .... sorry officer

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
It sure takes the police in the UK quite awhile to arrive on-scene to defuse the disgruntled man. Its not like this building was out in the country in a desolate location.

It makes me CRINGE to wonder how many people an insane or angry raging madman could have SLAUGHTERED with a knife or an axe before the UK police would arrive there to defuse the situation.

They in the UK have been DISARMED and made completely DEFENCELESS against raging madmen and it takes the police there forever to arrive to out-of-control situations. That is surely one place I would NOT want to live while being unarmed.

SIGH for the UK. With the UK police taking this long to arrive to a common well-populated area as this, imagine how long they would take to arrive to a less populated and common area in which a madman or a viscous gang is SLAUGHTERING innocent DEFENCELESS people. Woe to the UK for allowing themselves to be disarmed. I feel bad for them.

When SECONDS COUNT, the UK police are SEVERAL MINUTES away...

Sad...

[color=cyan]Hooray to our 2nd Amendment in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hooray!!!!

edit on 3-7-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Fear not .....our Police are usually armed with a bag of donuts from Greggs

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I had T-Mobile's service for almost 5 years and I know just how this guy feels. Seriously. He probably had to walk around holding his phone like the Statue of Liberty just to get enough signal to make a call and it drove him to the brink of madness.

don't why I'm LMAO, it's sad really.... insane

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It's a sad sign of the times we live in.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by article

Unfortunately that is true- he hardly won the battle, much less the war. The injustice system will quietly process him to be assimilated into the statistics which say you can't stop the machine, and the banking and insurance system will steal back what he tried to take away from their corporate client. It would take a daily stream of incidents like this to keep them from succeeding in that, and at least at this point it seems unlikely that such a movement will emerge.

But the war isn't over yet- we're all still being cheated and humiliated on a regular basis. A lot of us are still thinking about how good it would feel to make our stand rather than bowing our heads and walking away to go buy another beer. Now thousands and thousands of people, when they go through the above thought process which has never led them to actual resistance before, will have a new consideration- the memory of that man smiling contently in his handcuffs, not being beaten down by the police- who almost seemed understanding, and the crowd cheering.

This alone will not immediately touch off a movement, but from a future viewpoint, it is still possible that he will stand out as the modest first step of one out of a million exponentially growing snowballs that make up an avalanche. History tends to remember the first skirmish and forget the several rocks that each man in the skirmish line threw alone before they found each other, but that is often how it happens. You see the token resistance, you see the arrest, and some day down the line you see that same face on the street and you're moved to go meet the fellow- and a conspiracy is born.

I will close with a reminder from history on the power of one man's unwillingness to be pushed any further:

link

“Late on the night of December 23rd, Sergeant John Banister of the 14th Cavalry Group found himself meandering through the village of Provedroux, southwest of Vielsalm. He’d been separated from his unit during the wild retreat of the first days and joined up with Task Force Jones, defending the southern side of the Fortified Goose Egg. Now they were in retreat again. The Germans were closing in on the village from three sides. American vehicles were pulling out, and Banister was once again separated from his new unit, with no ride out.

A tank destroyer rolled by; somebody waved him aboard and Banister eagerly climbed on. They roared out of the burning town. Somebody told Banister that he was riding with Lieutenant Bill Rogers. “Who’s he?” Banister wanted to know. “Will Rogers’ son,” came the answer. It was a hell of a way to meet a celebrity.

An hour later they reached the main highway running west from Vielsalm. There they found a lone soldier digging a foxhole. Armed with bazooka and rifle, unshaven and filthy, he went about his business with a stoic nonchalance. They pulled up to him and stopped. He didn’t seem to care about the refugees. “If yer lookin for a safe place,” he said, “just pull that vehicle behind me. I’m the 82nd Airborne. This is as far as the bastards are going.”

The men on the tank destroyer hesitated. After the constant retreats of the last week, they didn’t have much fight left in them. But the paratrooper’s determination was infectious. “You heard the man,” declared Rogers. “Let’s set up for business!” Twenty minutes later, two truckloads of GIs joined their little roadblock. All through the night, men trickled in, and their defenses grew stronger.

Around that single paratrooper was formed the nucleus of a major strongpoint.”

History forgets- if Will Roger's son hadn't been there, a tank or perhaps a whole unit would probably have gotten the credit. But the truth on the ground was that one man without a prayer in the world started it all.
edit on Wed 4 Jul 2012 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Damn. The video was removed.

Is it anywhere else besides YouTube?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Here is another video;

I tell you that if these big companies continue to FXck with people, last year's London riots will be out done. There are hundreds of thousands of people who couldn't access their bank accounts since two weeks ago.

Sky ripped me off £350 from my bank account because my Sky Box was not connected to a phone line. I told them that the property was vacant five months, the power was off and I was working in London for that period. They would have it no matter what proof I gave them. Sky TV kept my money and to get it back, I have to take them to court.

This is what big business do today.

Put your money in building societies, get rid of your direct debits and change them to standing orders.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Unfortunately that is true- he hardly won the battle, much less the war. The injustice system will quietly process him to be assimilated into the statistics which say you can't stop the machine,

Fortunately in the UK there is a recognition of the idea of provocation. If he can prove the final straw was the behaviour of the shop assistant, he might just get away with it.

I am going to contact T-Mobile and ask that they don't press charges.
edit on 7-7-2012 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady

Put your money in building societies, get rid of your direct debits and change them to standing orders.

I'm with a building society..
I do everything with cash. In my wallet there exists a plastic card to withdraw cash from ATM's.. That's all it can do.

I pay all my bills, expenses, living costs, food, fuel etc etc etc with cash...and cash only.

No direct debits and no standing orders..

It may mean a little bit more running around to get things done, or an extra bit of time in a queue at the banks to pay things into other accounts (like rent etc) or at a pay point to pay electric bill etc. but, hey, I don't have the "missing money" from my account, or having to make sure there is enough in my account to pay a bill on direct debit day.. I pay the bills when i am ready to.

If I'm a day or two late.. sue me..

My electric bill is due to be paid in 8 days.. it's an estimated bill.. They want full payment of 480.. I dont have that amount.. I will though.. once I've delayed paying the bill by waiting for the red reminder... then I can delay it a bit more after that by eventually providing a meter reading.. by which time, I will have the money..

Of course, they keep on asking me to pay by direct debit.. it's cheaper they keep telling me..
Cheaper it might be, but that's if I go by their demands.. I prefer to make them work a little bit more for the money I owe

Not worried about the extra cost .. it's all pointless in the end..

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I also forgot to mention that you should always complain in writing, appeal against parking tickets and always insist on compensation.

I asked for £20 compensation for a parking ticket appeal that was upheld at the ombudsman stage on the grounds that the council wasted my time when they too could have upheld my appeal and did not. I got the money.

Did the same thing with John Lewis, M&S, Argos...when they are wrong, they give compensation.

BTW, paranormal activity is caused by swamp gas.

edit on 7-7-2012 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Excellent advice

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join