It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most pathetic 1 - Rock n Roll in Afghanistan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I want to share a really pathetic side of war.

Afghani's jam as rock and roll gains popularity. Julie Noce reports.

yahoo news

I know that there are issues in Afghanistan with "how they treat women" which I believe Afghans should solve.

But look at this advertisement made of a war torn country , they don't even let it be monitored in Afghanistan.

But it is news for outside of Afghanistan and it is reporting from inside of Afghanistan.

And like they had no true reason to invade Afghanistan as a country , they are now reporting "hey look , we are building these nations"

And tomorrow night , Obama will come on the TV and will say "Yes we can"

This is a typical middle eastern male monitored by the MSM.

But the situation is different when they can rock n roll . I think rock n roll maybe the cure.

But nothing is going to cure these :

US war-machine's production : US 'kill team' soldier convicted of murder

Wars - NWO - Sexual assault.
edit on 2-7-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I dont really understand.

The point of this post is to say that Rock and Roll is the cure for war torn countries, or are you just pointing out that some scumbag was convicted of murder? For every murder, I'm sure there were many hundreds more justified kills. So i'm not really seeing what you're saying here, very clearly anyways. Sorry if I'm incorrect, but it comes off more of a hate america troops thread and america get out of our country, than a Rock & Roll helps war torn people come together... which would have been really cool.

I saw a documentary about the exact same thing happening in Iraq. Punk and Metal bands springing up, enjoying their new freedoms... But I didnt see anything in that documentary that would suggest any hatred towards america in kind.

Could you clear this up a little so I can understand where you're comming from?

thanks

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by article

There is something that I should emphasize , and it seems some Americans miss to look at.

Freedom and other aspects of life like social laws and constitutions are something precious.

for example , suppose that my father is rich and I am a lazy son. He wants me to be active , then he buys me a new bicycle. Is that bike going to turn me into a athletic ?

Or suppose my father is rich and I am a flabby person. He wants me to be active and productive. Then he buys me a bike. Is it going to do any help ?

btw , this is very pathetic form of freedom. While US installed and helped Saddam with WMDs , they decided to turn him down in one night.

And the freedom is the most pathetic thing , like changing room in a prison. Iraqis used to listen to Arabic music and they were adopted to their old culture , now they are trying a new culture of liberalism.

liberalism = do what you will . There is no judgement day .

And what you see as documentary is just a piece of false advertisement from these countries.

Iraq is the most destructed and rich country. Iraq is the biggest source of oil and you can check the situation of it's infrastructures.

The situation of electrical power distribution. I've heard that in some houses , people power from different parts or phases of electrical power
edit on 2-7-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Thanks for the responce, my friend, formost.

I agree with this:

Freedom and other aspects of life like social laws and constitutions are something precious.

And so I'll go into this, which I'm not sure the direction, but I can accept that as maybe not understanding that there is something bigger than a language barrier,.... metaphorical missunderstandings I guess. I'll try my best though.

for example , suppose that my father is rich and I am a lazy son. He wants me to be active , then he buys me a new bicycle. Is that bike going to turn me into a athletic ?

No, the bike is a tool, an object. It's meaningless. It would turn you no more into an athletic (outdoor type? sports?) than say a pet rock would turn you into a responcible person, per say.

The object could be a football though, and it might. It's the gears behind it all that make it what it is. A loving father with no money or all the money in the world, might have a son who's the brightest, quickest, sportiest, and turns out to be the richest son among many. Everyone has a personal choice, however. So the gears turn on both sides, sometimes not always together.

Or suppose my father is rich and I am a flabby person. He wants me to be active and productive. Then he buys me a bike. Is it going to do any help ?

Once again, I would think the issue is the motivation behind the fact. Not just the object alone, perhaps, but even so, say the father gave the boy a wii and only games that made the boy active. This might have the boy curious, and over time it could work. So you see, it's what's behind the object and possibly the object itself.

though... one is love and the other is lust when you compare them. The boys lust for the game or the fathers love to push the boy and help the boy do right.

Which leads you to this I think...

btw , this is very pathetic form of freedom. While US installed and helped Saddam with WMDs , they decided to turn him down in one night.

This is where you loose me again. What can you say. Governments are governments. Yes, they turned their back on him because he didnt play ball. But remember, he was playing ball at some point. When he left their wing, he played his own ball game. Same as any government, country, press, company, sports, ect. But remember... As you might be "Iraq" or any other country, remember too, that I am also america. I dont agree with what my government does, especially not now, but what shall I do? I'll vote but that will do what, exactly? I am not there to run the country because I will never be a lawyer, I will never be heartless, I will never have the option and "duty" to take millions of lives at a whim.

I am america, but I am not my government. My government is most assuredly not me. I look at everything else as "fees" to live here and get as much freedom as the wold today provides. It's just unfortunate that the bottom of the barrel remainings of freedom are still here and not plentiful here or somewhere else, for surely I would be there.

And the freedom is the most pathetic thing , like changing room in a prison. Iraqis used to listen to Arabic music and they were adopted to their old culture , now they are trying a new culture of liberalism.

liberalism = do what you will . There is no judgement day .

Ahhh yes... Culturalism. Ya see, I cant really comment on that because I myself do not truely understand the full of what comes of it. What does it breed?

I have a culture too. Though, my culture is watered down by the "common" culture in the US, which does seem to change with music, Ill get to that later. But having a culture seems to always breed some form of hatred or racism to those outside of it. Even some small form can be found. So culturalism somewhat shares a fine line with racism I think. Maybe. See, I dont know honestly.

But.. Every person has a right to choose. This is freedom. This is also free will. Such as those people see new things they will run to them as we do in our own country. Be it music, food, art, movies... that's entertainment.

I agree. Iraq is a torn country. So were we. Its population grown. We didnt build those phone lines and we surely didnt make them the way they are now. War torn places are affected, but like you said, that country is rich. Those people have a say, dont they? Shouldnt they? Where the oil will go and how it's used.

We do too, we just cant seem to use that power anymore in voting. Votes are done without us now.

But music, my friend.. People do gather with music for loves sake, no matter the music style. It's something to take hell off your mind. A peace of freedom if you will, when you have none other.

I like that.

top topics

join