It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad's forces on offensive; Moscow defends him again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rory212

I cant believe there are still some people that still watch the falling and Delcine CNN and FOX for there propaganda needs.

edit on 2-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rory212

I am so glad you revealed yourself there because now I will publicly expose you for what you are, a warmonger, A Neocon Zionist

Warmonger?

SO you were in Bosnia in 96, when the war was over 99%, guess what pal, I was there in 1991, helping to chopper off few Israeli citizens from Sarajevo.

Congrats! Hope the Peace Corps trip was pleasurable. 

I've seen with my own eyes money and weapons from Saudi Arabia shipped to Bosnian Muslims before any of the heavy fighting even started. I've seen with my own eyes my CO give intel to MUJAHIDEENS from middle east shipped to Bosnia to stir up trouble.

Who was backing the other side? Answer that and we may get to the root of this story. 

Don't tell me your propaganda pal, been there, done that, they are doing the same thing to Syria.

Again...who is on the other side and what role do they play?

And you are a traitor, you and your brainwashed ilk have turned away from founding fathers vision for America.

You base that on a few posts in one thread?

A little dramatic, are we??

You've bought into bull# of ends justify the means, and we gotta F#@K them because they might get the idea to F#%K us.

That's how the world turns, bud. If you've done what you say then you'd know that. 

You ought to be ashamed, you and your kind will be the end of us all.

Ditto! Anyone who blames the US for the problems of the world while they sit comfortably within the safety of the US border should be ashamed!! Coward!

Even after it is clear CIA and Mossad did 9/11 you are still here to tell us the valor of Iraq war.

So you're a truther?

Why aren't you lighting up the 9/11 forum with your evidence?

I will follow you on ATS and expose you to everyone.

Enjoy the ride, ma'am.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Oh really and you think that your government is helping to stop the killing by providing the insurgents with plenty of weapons. You see, it's all power play. When Russia has interests somewhere, they will do what they feel is necessary to defend them, but is that unique? No, it is not. The US does exactly the same. Getting rid of Assad is in their interest, so they spare no means to get him out - the fact that many more die because of their ''support'' doesn't matter to them at all.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

When are people going to see that the ME isn’t a playground for US/Israeli domination but rather a chessboard for the big game?

I think you are forgetting a couple of chessboards. The whole world is a strategic stage. The Middle East is just the most 'explosive'.

Moscow just can’t seem to get enough of Assad and his radical, inept minions. It won’t be long until US and allies must wield the big sword once again; and whose fault will it be really?

In my opinion, anyone who has kept up with the political/strategic news for the past 3 decades can tell that Russia/China/wtv hasn't been doing anything pro-actively.

Rather, what we are seeing today is Russia and China starting to make a stiff resistance to U.S. international policies. I'm not going down the path of discussion if that is right or wrong. But to state that Russia has been playing this game for a long time, is just dismissing 2 decades of Soviet 'fallout'.

China is becoming a world political giant, and Russia is getting healthier and wealthier by the day. At the same moment when the U.S. and European economies are on a descending path.

That gave them the opportunity to play the U.S.-invented-game of world politics post-WW2.

What we saw after WW2 was the US dominating everything and everyone, either by pure domination (occupation of territory after WW2) or simply by forming strong alliances that ensured economical 'aid'.

That "empire" lasted until very recently, when the western-led economy started to show it's faults, and when China and other peripheral powers started to gain momentum and strength.

They have been shuffling this stuff around for years, with the US usually dominating clearly. Syria is just that point where both powers are on the same level, and neither wants to give in.

Over 10,000 people have died in Syria so far, and China and Moscow are prolonging the agony.

Russia and China aren't prolonging anything. They are giving the syrian people the right to make their own choices, instead of going down the US path of "here, we nominate someone we like to take power, and play for our interests".

The US way is not always they best way, and both China and Russia are stating exactly that. We don't need more cases like Afghanistan, Iraq or even Iran. The world is too filled with problems that backfired from US political decisions of placing certain people in certain key positions of power, and later finding out they are simply horrendous dictators that, as long as they play by the US interests, they can do what they want to their people and not get even a slap in the hand for it.

Why don't you mention the Bahrain case, where protesters are still being attacked by governmental forces? And if you do mention it, don't forget to mention the media void for that issue, and don't forget to also mention that the U.S. has a very important military base there.

Kind of the same thing Russia has in Syria.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I`m surprised at how many stars you`re getting when the majority of replies are opposing what you are saying.

My view.......I`m glad the Russians and Chinese are involved, otherwise the UN, NATO, the US,UK and the rest would have done another Libya by now.
The rebels are doing the killings thanks to us arming them and it`s yet again innocent civilians getting killed while the MSM put the blame on government troops......just as in Libya.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Seabags, don't get baited. Those HumanSlayer supporters loved nothing than to distract, create confusion, half truths and outright lies, and if that fail, they will attack the messenger to get him worked up, rant and get banned.

Play it cool.

The evidences are clear. One can lie, one msm can lie, but the world's MSM, from neutral countries and even within Russia and China itself reporting on those slaugthers by weapons of war such as tanks and heavy artillery upon innocent masses?

None can escape from the truth and realities of what's happening in Syria today, with the continued deaths in tens of thousands innocent women, men and children in the hands of the Assadists forces, thanks to China CCP and Putin delaying actions, which if they stop veto'ing, Mankind could have emplaced a UN mandated Rule of law and system of justice much earlier so that injustices could have been dealt with rather than allowed to fester and each syrian now believing justice no longer exists in Syria, and would have to depend on themselves for it by vengence.

Those tens of thousand innocent blood had been shed by the HumanSlayers, China CCP govt and Putin as well as those hardened supporters of them and the apathetic.

While we live in peace and plenty, our fellow free human brothers and sisters in Syria faces no end to their nitemare...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

So my question would you support and do you support Saudi Arabia, Qatar on Syria? don't forget this is the same Saudi Arabia that is arming the brutal regime in Bahrain.

The Saudi’s want Assad out and they are being more aggressive than other nations.

Saudi Arabia on Monday called on the international community to take “decisive measures” to end the bloodshed in Syria, a cabinet statement said.

“The kingdom calls on the international community to take decisive measures to stop ... the mass slaughter” of the Syrian people, the official SPA news agency quoted the government as saying.

President Bashar Al-Assad’s regime “must immediately end the massacres and fully implement the... (U.N.) plan aimed at reaching a political solution in line with the aspirations of the Syrian people,” it added.

link

Look, Saudi and Qatar are free to do what they want. Unless there is a declaration of war from congress US should NEVER go to war IMO. I don’t think US should intervene in Syria nor have I advocated for war…but I would like to see Assad (and every tyrannical, murderous dictator in the world) removed from power.

I do believe we should support our allies should they choose to act but that doesn’t mean we must get involved in the war ourselves. Our allies in the region are capable of handling their own ME affairs but we do have a vested interest in the outcome of ANY war there, for sure.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Oh really and you think that your government is helping to stop the killing by providing the insurgents with plenty of weapons.

When did I say US was helping to stop the killing?? I just asked where all the outrage was from people who bag on the US all the time. People here are quick to point out the “innocent deaths” supposedly caused by American interventionism but the same people are silent while Assad kills 10,000. Why the double standard?

You see, it's all power play. When Russia has interests somewhere, they will do what they feel is necessary to defend them, but is that unique? No, it is not. The US does exactly the same.

You basically elaborated on the first sentence of my OP! I said it was a chessboard. It takes two sides to play the game.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Let Turkey handle their own business. They are more than capable and neither of those countries are going to screw with Turkey.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

I think you are forgetting a couple of chessboards. The whole world is a strategic stage. The Middle East is just the most 'explosive'.

I agree.

In my opinion, anyone who has kept up with the political/strategic news for the past 3 decades can tell that Russia/China/wtv hasn't been doing anything pro-actively.

So China and Russia haven’t been actively playing the game in your opinion??

Despite no major military threats from other countries, China’s military spending has increased by 2 digits every year for over 20 years. This year, the country is due to launch its first aircraft carrier Variag. China’s intentions are clear. It wants to subdue Taiwan and Okinawa, and if it can take control of the South China Sea, it is in a position to threaten the U.S. government with a nuclear missile attack that can reach the U.S. mainland. Until then, China wants Taiwan and Okinawa (Japan) to keep quiet.
link

What about Russia’s actions in Georgia? Were their actions really to help South Ossetia and Abkhazia gain independence or was Russia simply worried about securing energy routes from central Asia and the Caspian Sea as well as oil pipelines? Notice Putin ordered the attacks while 2,000 Georgian soldiers were fighting with our allies in Iraq.
It was a calculated move.

Both countries are playing the game…this is as much about their intentions as it is about US intentions IMO.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Seabags, don't get baited. Those HumanSlayer supporters loved nothing than to distract, create confusion, half truths and outright lies, and if that fail, they will attack the messenger to get him worked up, rant and get banned.

Play it cool.

Good advice!

The evidences are clear. One can lie, one msm can lie, but the world's MSM, from neutral countries and even within Russia and China itself reporting on those slaugthers by weapons of war such as tanks and heavy artillery upon innocent masses?

None can escape from the truth and realities of what's happening in Syria today, with the continued deaths in tens of thousands innocent women, men and children in the hands of the Assadists forces, thanks to China CCP and Putin delaying actions, which if they stop veto'ing, Mankind could have emplaced a UN mandated Rule of law and system of justice much earlier so that injustices could have been dealt with rather than allowed to fester and each syrian now believing justice no longer exists in Syria, and would have to depend on themselves for it by vengence.

Those tens of thousand innocent blood had been shed by the HumanSlayers, China CCP govt and Putin as well as those hardened supporters of them and the apathetic.

While we live in peace and plenty, our fellow free human brothers and sisters in Syria faces no end to their nitemare...

Well said…though apparently many continue to ignore the truth. I don’t claim to know any government’s full intentions but it’s clear to see the violence perpetrated by Assad’s forces. It’s also clear to see who is helping them get away with it….and its wrong!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This is a civil war going on and no foreign countries should be getting involved. Especially countries thousands of miles away. From what I can gather Syria and Russia have a close relationship, with a Russian Naval base in Syria and strong trade. en.wikipedia.org...

Now America has a a large Naval base in Bahrain. Again where there have been protests put down violently. Yet the US and UK are strangely silent on the whole affair.

It is also worth remembering that there are more than 10 different ethnic and religious sects in Syria. From Jews, Christians and different sects of the Muslim faith.It is the most complex mix in the region.

The protesters are certainly not Christian or Jewish or Muslim Shia. So when does people rising up, become The people rising up? 100,000? a million? The population of Syria is 29 Million.

Which side are the west backing? The anti Assad people, mainly Sunni Muslims, who don't like the Christians,
the Jews or the other Shia Muslims. So why are we backing them and providing them with weapons? How many people make up the rebels, compared to the other 29 million? en.wikipedia.org...

It seems we don't even know who the rebels are, yet people want to dive into a civil war and provide them with weapons. It's a bad idea.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Do rifles, tanks and artillery ammunitions have 'target aquisition' capabilities, such as the ability to just kill the correct target such as only Sunni muslims?

End the pathetic BS nonsense of sectarian strife to divide and conquer others.

Those ammunitions were FIRED upon UNARMED innocent men, women and children irregardless of Shia, Sunni, or Christians since day 1. The HumanSlayer Assad cared nothing for any other except himself and his reign of terror in Syria.

Majority of Syrians are Sunnis, thus it is only NATURAL that they would take the lead to defend the Free Syrian People - regardless if shia, sunni, christians or others. They had not rejected anyone from the heavily shia military defectors into their ranks.

The RULE OF LAW needs to be QUICKLY installed into Syria NOW, before divisions based on differences gets deeper and REAL sectarian strife grows, as each syrian now takes it upon themselves to wreck vengence upon anyone who deems themselves the cause of oppression.

Even Egypt, under a much fear mongered by others President had now talk about unity of the nation, to work together as one nation and one people sharing common HUMAN goals of life despite differences, under the RULE OF LAW where all will be treated and given justice and equality, as well as other responsible human rights of civilisation.

So too Tunisia and Libya today, after the Arab Spring. It will be no different for Syria, if the Rebellion are given the chance of life. When there is democracy, there will be the rights of the people to speak freely on laws that need to change for the overall good of society, so that it may progress and evolve, in peace.

The Beast Assad and tyrants of our world offers nothing of such, and are the obstacle dead weights limiting and preventing mankind's progress to the next phase of our evolution

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Mdv2

Oh really and you think that your government is helping to stop the killing by providing the insurgents with plenty of weapons.

When did I say US was helping to stop the killing?? I just asked where all the outrage was from people who bag on the US all the time. People here are quick to point out the “innocent deaths” supposedly caused by American interventionism but the same people are silent while Assad kills 10,000. Why the double standard?

You did not, instead, you said China and Russia should be blamed while they are passive. Is being passive worse than actively helping the insurgents by providing them with weapons? I don't think so. Your government is responsible for more violence, more killings.

Not saying they are any better, but stop the self-pity please. The lives of Syrian civilians are not much of importance to either Moscow or Washington.

So what's your point of this thread? To show that there's more bad guys around? To show that we should feel sorry for the US being labeled as bully? Give me a break.

I'd say - let Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Arab world deal with Syria. Not so long ago these very people were burning Western flags and destroying our embassies for some silly Danish cartoons and now Daddy Yankee and Co are begged to come in, but after Iraq and Afghanistan, doggy Sam is not so eager to send the troops in. I'd say: it's time for an Arab sacrifice if they truly feel so compassionate with their Syrian brothers.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
One would think weapons supplied to the untrained rebels by the USA would lead to a climb in the civilian death toll.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by seaside sky

So you’re a fan of Reagan??

So Russia and China are the good guys? On what planet do you live?

Russia and China have US targeted as well. If you’re asserting that US should leave Syria for fear of Russia and China you’re mistaken. The US isn’t good at hiding or running.

Sadly, it seems the U.S. isn't very good at something else, and that is seeing how all of these actions in the M.E. and around the world is spreading us thin. Weakening us. Rendering us flat broke. I wonder if there will ever come a time when we'll need to borrow billions for a REAL blowout war, and we'll be refused?

I know it's probably a stretch, but I can't help feeling it's all a setup to bring the U.S. down.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join