It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't see any images.. just me or the whole site?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Is something wrong with the website? Instead of ANY images, all I see are little blue squares with question marks inside. If it's not the website, what might be the problem on my end, as every other site I frequent is displaying just fine? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(Sorry if not the right forum, wasn't real sure where to put, so I figured this forum would be the most forgiving!)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

I thinky it's a problem your end, Images seem fine for me, It's probably them darn ATS lemmings mucking up your computer, They do cause trouble those little scamps!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I have been working on the same problem for several hours. I can confirm that it is not a problem for most.

I have narrowed down the potential problem - do you happen to run Windows XP?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Everything is fine on my end.

Do you have a script blocker or anti adware running? ATS is loaded with scripts.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
All looks normal to me.

I don't know what would be causing it on your end to only affect this site...

Have you tried closing then re-opening your browser?

Or another browser?

I had a problem with only this site displaying images in the wrong places in the past, but after a bit it went away. It happened with different browsers too.

Still scratching my head over that one.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

To add a bit of information on the problem that I'm experiencing, it is across multiple browsers and multiple computers (although both running XP) and only on ATS - other websites are fine.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm running XP SP3 and my own blocker. Everything is fine for me.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth
I have been working on the same problem for several hours. I can confirm that it is not a problem for most.

I have narrowed down the potential problem - do you happen to run Windows XP?

Nope, mac osx. And mine has been like this since this morning when I got on.

I've tried closing and reopening this browser. Tried a different browser. I haven't changed any settings or anything, so as far as I know I am not running any script thingamajigs. Interestingly, on the home page I can actually see one or two ads. But that's it for images.
This sucks. ATS is one of my most visited sites!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth

To add a bit of information on the problem that I'm experiencing, it is across multiple browsers and multiple computers (although both running XP) and only on ATS - other websites are fine.

Sounds like your ISP is messing about. Probably practicing for when they block sites like ATS

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Running XP here too, and all is fine.

Have you changed any settings recently?

Maybe try system restore to a date before you had this problem.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
doing OK over here...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Just went to the website via my iPhone (safari) and the same problem! Weird.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Yep its weird. When I turned on my computer this morning, everything was working fine. I didn't change anything, the problem just started in the middle of a surfing.

I'm having the same problem on a different computer from this location.

I have tried changing DNS servers, I have tried 3 different browsers. lol - I've tried a lot of things. Figured it had to be a problem on my end until I saw you were having the same problem.

Hmm - well thats interesting. It just started working for me again - how about you?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Yep, working here now too. And much faster. I'm feeling like I really need to get around to covering up my laptop webcam and mic! (goes off in search of something that won't look too ugly taped to the computer)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Well glad its working now for you too - but I wanted to thank you for the thread. I thought it was only me till I read it.

new topics

top topics

join