It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bio Diesel Caravan Planting Fruit Orchards and Playing Drums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Bio Diesel Caravan Planting Fruit Orchards and Playing Drums

For ten years Common Vision has been planting fruit trees in various California schools, mainly in low-income communities where many children have never even seen food growing on a tree. To date, they have helped 85,000 students and planted nearly 5,000 fruit trees.

What started out as a small, dedicated group of people has now blossomed into several biodiesel and veggie grease-converted and solar-powered buses which tour up and down the California coast every winter/spring planting season, visiting an array of schools from Sacramento to LA and beyond, planting and maintaining fruit trees, playing music, and educating the children on 'sustainability' issues.

Just wanted to share. These guys are pretty inspiring.

Here's a taste of what they do:

And a fun video dealing with how they get their grease to power their caravan.

A collection of local news stories about the group:

commonvision.org...

More info on their 'Fruit Tree Tour"

commonvision.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think the trouble with the Bio-diesel idea is that if the World was to suddenly using this product instead of natural oil we would not have enough nutrients in the ground to keep the plants growing for more than a few years. I dont think its a viable option in the long term.

Im sure these people dont realize just how much would be needed to keep the world running at the rate its running right now.

edit on 27-6-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I think the trouble with the Bio-diesel idea is that if the World was to suddenly using this product instead of natural oil we would not have enough nutrients in the ground to keep the plants growing for more than a few years. I dont think its a viable option in the long term.

Im sure these people dont realize just how much would be needed to keep the world running at the rate its running right now.

edit on 27-6-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Thanks for commenting.

What gives you the impression 'these people' are presenting biodiesel as a panacea? It's a functional tool for them, at this time. And it's a small part of what they do. Thats just how they fuel what they actually do.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

did you even watch the videos?

This isnt about biofeuls as a panacea.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
A few updates:

new topics

top topics

join