It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Time Lapse of Every Nuclear Explosion since 1945

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I was messing around on YouTube trying to find something interesting, and so I typed in "nuclear explosion" just to see that eye devastating video that never gets old.

I looked at the side bars and saw that there was an artists rendition of every single nuclear attack and test between 1945 and 1998. This includes all countries that have the technology which is corresponded by a flag and color.

As usual, the U.S. is #1 in devastation, and then Russia is runner up. Anyway, I just wanted to post this in hopes that it brings thought to someone else as it has me.

A lot of ideas and fears flashed through my head by looking at the colored dots without even having to see the explosions in real time.

It's no wonder we have so many problems of sicknesses globally. I know 99.9% of everyone on ATS is well aware of the nuclear build up.. but maybe you haven't seen it happen chronologically.

ETA: If you don't have the time or patience to sit and watch them happen over time, just skip it to about 1960ish (cold war era) and watch the numbers, and colors fly.. thanks for reading and watching.

EETA: If the explosions documented stop in 1998 how many more have happened without us knowing? Add that with Fukushima.
edit on 26-6-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
People have been sick since the beginning of time. Even with a couple thousand nukes going off the world still manages to rise to another day.

I think Fukashima is probably the least of your worries. Unless you are planning a personal photoshoot next to the reactor.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I agree.. people have been getting sick since the beginning of time. There has been a lot of cases where people mysteriously end up with cancer and I think we both can agree after watching this video, that the radiation that follows can be a plausible blame. I'm not trying to push a conspiracy with all people being sick in the U.S. is because of these explosions. I simply just wanted to post this video so that someone could get a good idea how many times a nuke has been used and where.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
reply to post by boncho

I agree.. people have been getting sick since the beginning of time. There has been a lot of cases where people mysteriously end up with cancer and I think we both can agree after watching this video, that the radiation that follows can be a plausible blame. I'm not trying to push a conspiracy with all people being sick in the U.S. is because of these explosions. I simply just wanted to post this video so that someone could get a good idea how many times a nuke has been used and where.

I applaud posting the video, because if anything it should bring some perspective to the people who get really bent out of shape over Fukashima and the like. Cancer rates did rise in Las Vegas and it was attributed to nuclear testing, among other places.

At the same time, I imagine with the introduction of plastic, one could probably find higher cancer rates as well, among other things....

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
west coast of the US should be obliterated me thinks

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

How is Russia still in one piece? I also noticed the British tested nuclear weapons in the U.S. as well did you catch that?

Another video I encountered on my search was equivalent to 15,000,000 tons of TNT

edit on 26-6-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Cool animation.

Actually, there is a lot of evidence that "downwinders" have and continue to get sick from these test nukes in the USA.

Some of the downwind state representatives even sponsored legislation that would create a "day of Remembrance for Victims of Radiation" that came as a result of above ground tests.

www.risch.senate.gov...

And at home (I'm not there) I have a map of instances of thyroid cancer, if you compare it with the above map showing radiation exposure it's pretty convincing. I can't seem to find it now but can post it when I get home in 12 hours or so. =P

There is a lot of research that shows pretty definitively that so called downwinders have a much higher chance of contracting thyroid and other types of cancer.

"Whereas on January 27, 1951, the first nuclear weapons test in the United States commenced at a site known as the Nevada Proving Ground, located approximately 65 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada;

Whereas many Americans who, during the Cold War, worked and lived downwind from nuclear testing sites (referred to in this preamble as "downwinders") were adversely affected by the radiation exposure generated by the above ground nuclear weapons testing, and some of the downwinders sickened as a result of the radiation exposure;

Whereas the downwinders paid a high price for the development of a nuclear weapons program for the benefit of the United States; and

Whereas the downwinders deserve to be recognized for the sacrifice they have made for the defense of the United States: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That the Senate-

(1) designates January 27, 2012, as a national day of remembrance for many Americans who, during the Cold War, worked and lived downwind from nuclear testing sites and were adversely affected by the radiation exposure generated by the above ground nuclear weapons testing; and

(2) encourages the people of the United States to support and participate in appropriate ceremonies, programs, and other activities to commemorate January 27, 2012."

So it's not really a conspiracy theory - it's a documented historical truth that is even recognized at the federal level. It's no secret to anyone who spends 10 minutes researching that these above ground tests had far reaching negative impacts on people's health.

I have been interested in this topic for a long time, as I personally know some people who lived their entire lives downwind of these tests who have various forms of cancer and other health problems. They attribute it to being downwinders. I have lived in a downwind state for 20 years, with a couple small breaks interspersed.

This animation does a great job, if you watch it all the way through, of showing just how concentrated these tests were, and how frequently they occurred. It's amazing that they went on for over 50 years.
edit on 26-6-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
it seems today we are ok even though the earth has experienced so many nuclear blasts.

unless i'm missing something here, the video actually makes me not worry so much about a nuclear war. it appears we (humans) can survive a bunch of nuclear fall outs afterall.

-subfab

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
5 people I know personally have been diagnosed with cancer in the last year. My grandfather passed last August from it, and a friend of mine just lost her battle with it this last weekend. All were very sudden onset cases and I have to be mildly suspicious because before last year I had gone 26 years without knowing anybody with cancer. I surely hope the remaining 3 can pull through and that the number doesn't continue to increase.

new topics

top topics

join