It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Brief Encounter with Adam Weishaupt in 1804 (Illuminati Founder.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
There's not much here of him speaking and I'm not totally sure how true or not it even is, but just posting it here for anyone who might be interested. It's a good find though by the person on the site if real.

Relatively late in the research for the book Perfectibilists, I became aware of an short account from Henry Crabb Robinson, in his Diary, Reminiscences, and Correspondence, where he had gone to Gotha in 1804 and met with Adam Weishaupt. I hadn’t included this exchange in my own book (as it wasn’t readily accessible to me at the time). However, recently, Google books has scanned in a full-view copy of the diary. Here, then, is Henry Crabb Robinson’s encounter with Adam Weishaupt (in Diary, Reminiscences, and Correspondence, Vol. I, Boston: Fields, Osgood, & Co. 1869, pp. 124-6):

A Brief Encounter with Adam Weishaupt in 1804
edit on 26-6-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Trouble with stuff like this - especially in an age where the inquisition was still in force - is that you have to treat it all with the greatest suspicion - and really it becomes impossible to determine what is truth lies or misdirection.

The best thing is to concentrate on the mindset and presumed goals of the players involved - and the direction that events actually took - not what they said, professed or wrote.

To form a conspiracy of 'enlightened men of reason' - in opposition the the papal and royal authorities of the day - of course it was paramount that Wieshaupt appear to be anti-jesuit especially since there were now banned.

What it led to: was the French revolution, Naploeonic wars, deposition of the Pope (and restoration of the jesuits) the enormous expansion of freemasonry, the masonicFounding of the US as thenew Atlantis...............................to achieve all of this requires an extensive network of influence and pots of money - and is not the work of a few amateur philosopher revolutionaries.

edit on 26-6-2012 by JohhnyBGood because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2012 by JohhnyBGood because: additions

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Trouble with stuff like this - especially in an age where the inquisition was still in force - is that you have to treat it all with the greatest suspicion - and really it becomes impossible to determine what is truth lies or misdirection.

The best thing is to concentrate on the mindset and presumed goals of the players involved - and the direction that events actually took - not what they said, professed or wrote.

Agreed, just thought it was interesting if it was real. At the same time though I think there was a lot more to Weishaupt than most of us will ever know. That's unless we get a full history of how the Illuminati has functioned over the centuries at some point anyway!

join