It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Honest Question to Freemasons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have indeed heard of the New World Order.

And if such a thing truly exists, I doubt that any of the local Masons in my area would have anything to do with it or knowledge therein.

As far as 'magick' is concerned, when looking at something that is unfamiliar to you and it works, isn't that in a way 'magical'. I work in a cyber field, so I understand communications protocol and circuitry, but the instant you put a combustion engine in front of me I get lost... so to me, the way it works is magical since I do not fully understand the processes involved.

Life long oaths... I took one of those with my wife when we got married. A man is nothing without his word (old-fashioned yet still holds true), so I can understand why oaths may be involved.

I'm not looking at freemasonry as a way to get ahead or be involved in something 'mystic'. I'm looking into it as a way to make myself, and by extension, my family and community, better.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

You already are a Mason in your heart, than.

In my honest opinion, you havethe makings of a great Mason in you.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

take a video signal, turn it into 1's and zeros, send it over a mile long piece of glass, then turn it back into real time video. If that isn't magic, I am not sure what is.

You will be a very welcome addition to the fraternity.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

That is way too much common sense, logic, and integrity for a single post. We're going to have to ask you to tone that down a bit before you make all the rest of us look crazy.

With that kind of thinking, you will have a wonderful experience in Freemasonry, and you will be both a great student, and a great teacher, which is exactly what every Lodge needs from its new members. I wish you all the best, and please feel free to contact me if you need any help. I'm a Mason in Florida, and often visit Missouri and Georgia.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Oh!!!! One word of warning!

NETWORKDUDE HAS NO BEER!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thank you gentlemen for the kind words! Not sure it's warranted, but I'll attempt to live up to it...

I will say I'm definately leaning towards visiting the local lodge in the near future. Since I'm a newcomer (ie, I've been gone from my hometown the last 11 years in the Navy), I probably won't have a recommendation but I think I'll be alright. One of the major things I miss about the Navy was the brotherhood, the commeraderie... and that is another factor that is weighing heavily in my decision right now.

It's one thing to have a spouse (and wonderful), but it's another to have men to speak and fellowship with.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by Dreine

NETWORKDUDE HAS NO BEER!

that's just about enough out of you toe sucker.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by Dreine

NETWORKDUDE HAS NO BEER!

I've got the beer covered... as long as they stop running out of Victory Golden Monkey! That is one amazing Belgian trippel, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

With your attitude and positive outlook, i can promise you wont have any problems getting propperly vouched for.
Talk to the secretary of the local lodge near you, he will be able to point you in the right directions.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
In an exeprienced U.S. Rite AF&AM's opinion...

"Is it more suitable to be a 'Prince Of Mercy' than it is to be a 'Prince of Jerusalem' ?"

Before you answer consider that I am an "Absolute Cowan"...

Thank You In Advance!
edit on 26-6-2012 by Pinocchio because: typo...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinocchio

Or how about a Prince of Peace?

If you were to ask me I would say that the best thing would be to act as socrates and just gain all the knowledge that you want by reading books and stuff that are available to you.

I think that anything a man or woman needs to have to know God they are born with in their birthday suit. With your mind and heart full of love you are capable of realizing any of your wildest dreams!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinocchio
In an exeprienced U.S. Rite AF&AM's opinion...

"Is it more suitable to be a 'Prince Of Mercy' than it is to be a 'Prince of Jerusalem' ?"

Before you answer consider that I am an "Absolute Cowan"...

Thank You In Advance!
edit on 26-6-2012 by Pinocchio because: typo...

Not sure what you mean....both of those are degrees in the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite. In the Southern Jurisdiction, the degree of Prince of Jerusalem pertains to the history of Zerubbabel, Prince of Judah, who rebuilt the Temple of Jerusalem after the Babylonian captivity. The degree of Prince of Mercy pertains to the Christians who were persecuted in Rome during the reign of Domitian.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It is about elites which will not confess that they are masons. since they have something to hide.

d01.megashares.com...(The%20Checkered%20Floor%20and%20The%20Gods).avi

d01.megashares.com...(intro)_3.avi

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by maes9

most masons are proud to express their membership. And the ones who might hide it have sat in lodge with others who might know of their affiliation. I am not going to download a 42mb file knowing it most likely contains lies. If you chose to list any "elites" that you think are Freemasons, we could see it they can be identified.

I sure hope George Bush and Bill Clinton are on your list. (two of my favorites!)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
"""Six-Pointed Star: Its Origin and Usage by O. J. Graham """
The book traces the six pointed star from Egypt to Solomon, to Arab Magic and Witchcraft, to Druid use.
The book traces the star through Freemasonry usage to Mayer Amschel Bauer, who, in the 17th century, changed his name to depict the red six-pointed star (or shield) which he had hung on his door in Germany, and thus began the family of "Red Shield" or Rothschild (this family has great influence on banks). The research carried on through this family, to their court of arms, to Cabala, to Astrology, to Hitler and his putting a yellow six-pointed star on all Jews during the holocaust, to the Zionist symbol, and finally to the flag of the State of Israel and beyond.
Because this symbol is comprised of a six within a six within a six (6 points, 6 triangles, 6 sides of the hexagon in the middle) the research also included a look at the 666 prophecies in the Book of Daniel etc., regarding the "wilful King" (anti-Christ).

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by maes9

The Anti-Christ? Why didn't you just say so. Yea, he is a member. Great guy. He usually does the grilling at my lodge. Cooks a mean steak.

Couldn't you find some new exciting lies to bring to the table. Please?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Just wanted to update the status of my search regarding Freemasonry...

With the blessing of my wife, I will indeed be applying to join my local Lodge as soon as my wife has found work. Should be within 3 weeks or so, it seems.

So, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for answering my questions and your support, it is great appreciated, and I look forward to soon being able to greet you as fellow Masons and brothers!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
You have to be rich to be a freemason.

They give lots of money to charities.

To give lots of money, you have to have lots of money.

The main work of freemasonry, is giving your money away.

So, if you only have enough money to feed your family, and send your kids to college, you can't be a freemason.

Bill Gates could be a good freemason. He has lots of cash to donate.

But then again, Gates could just give his money away anyway.

So, I'm not sure why it is better to give your money away through the Freemason Order, than just form a Foundation and use that as your vehicle for giving.

Seems to me, a person could just cut out all the rituals and lodge meetings, and just give directly to whatever charity he likes.

It would be nice if the freemasons helped you to make some money, because then the poorer brethren would then have more to give away. But, freemasons are not allowed to give preferential treatment to brother masons when they apply for jobs, etc.., so you have to come into the Masonic order already rich.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NAMTERCES
You have to be rich to be a freemason.

Not really. I am lower-middle class.

To give lots of money, you have to have lots of money.

I give when I can, but I do pay my dues.

So, if you only have enough money to feed your family, and send your kids to college, you can't be a freemason.

This actually goes against a lot in Freemasonry.

Seems to me, a person could just cut out all the rituals and lodge meetings, and just give directly to whatever charity he likes.

One very well could do just that if they so wished.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join