It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones over Oklahoma (or cigar-shaped ufos)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hi. I had been hearing about drones being in Oklahoma before but just earlier I was outside of my brother's place, a trailer home he's renting since he hurt his back at work. It's located on the south-west side of Bartlesville but is out far enough to where its a little bit higher elevation than the rest of the town. He said, literally, "what's that?" and i looked up and saw what was one of two things (technically it WAS unidentified to us so the first kind of fits). Flying above the clouds was a semi-bright cylindrical object just flying by above the clouds. It looked like either a cigar-shaped UFO or a drone. My brother disagreed that it was emanating light but i have a thing with my eyes that i can 90% of the time tell if its a reflection or a light source.

So if it is a drone, then this is just another one in the recent line of Drone aircraft sightings. But the speed it was going either makes it a very fast drone or a Cigar-shaped UFO. I tried to take a picture but my camera on my phone isn't the greatest so it didn't show up but it was definitely odd to say the least. Why drone aircraft over Oklahoma?

Anyone else seen anything like that around the midwest lately? My buddy even saw something like it at night recently so that lends more to the cigar-shaped ufo possibility.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
sometimes a helicopter can appear to be just a tube, especially if they are high enough to where you don't clearly see the propellers.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynexon

I saw 2 drones or UFO's here in NC around 7:15 at night. I reported this on ATS and MUFON. A co-worker and I were going on break. I just happen to look up, and told her to look. Whatever they were?? They were flying together going North.

This happened about 1 week ago
edit on 19-6-2012 by Apollo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Among other things, Oklahoma is home to Unmanned Systems Alliance.

USA-OK is limited in scope to the State of Oklahoma. The aerospace industry has been a cornerstone of Oklahoma’s economy for decades; Oklahoma’s position as one of the major worldwide centers for maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) of aircraft has provided well-paying jobs for a variety of skill levels. However, the industry’s position in Oklahoma is now challenged by global competition, changes in technology, national and worldwide economic conditions, and U.S. national policies that are impacting defense, civilian and commercial aviation. To maintain this important sector of Oklahoma’s economy, the state’s economic development leaders have taken on the challenge of increasing the industry’s competitiveness.

www.usa-ok.org...

www.usa-ok.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Lynexon. I too live in Bartlesville and seen this. Im on the east side of town, not far from Eastland Center. I've also heard from a few law enforcement friends around the south end of the county that they seen it as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by imtheweasel

Oklahoma is trying to become "the Detroit of the UAS industry" so I'm not surprised. You'll probably see a lot more of it in the next few years.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Indeed. However we do have a few government/private entity based things going on in this county that the general public is not aware of. I myself know of them due to it being part of my required training/knowledge of; for the agency im with.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by imtheweasel

Oh of course. USA (see post above) is trying to do projects with a TON of people so I can say with certainty that there's a lot going on that people won't know about, except for the occasional sighting at a distance.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Agreed. We have had a lot of things going on in the area for some weeks now. In fact, i've been monitoring much of the communications taking place.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I could understand but this was way too high in the air and moving way too fast, faster than any choppers fly around here. i actually even saw a green chopper flying around earlier in the day when i was going to work so by comparison, this would have to have been an extraordinarily fast chopper.

The chopper earlier in the day was out of the ordinary though.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Lynexon because: grammar

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
That is pretty crazy. Didn't know about all that. That's good info to know. So it brings up the drone possibility more and like i said before, this was pretty fast and moving in a south-west-erly direction. I'm still a little nervous that they are really just flying drones over civilian areas, even for tests.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I will be watching later this evening to see if I notice anything unusual. I'll be monitoring all air traffic in the ZKC sector, in case anything out of the ordinary is reported as well. Will also be listening to the HFGCS.

new topics

top topics

join