It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrophysicist says our solar system is entering an interstellar energy cloud that will bring global

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
First of all, this website is complete sensationalist nonsense. Nothing but absurd over-dramatic claims based on vague evidence and no conclusive data. The only time "Alexia" is mentioned, is in the title of the article... there's no other mention of that person on the whole page. The text formatting is completely eye straining and makes the author look like an unprofessional nut case.

Having said all that, the Galactic Rift Crossing is one of the most interesting theories regarding 2012 imo, and the other theory I find interesting is the Solar Storm / Kill Shot hypothesis. In this article they seem to be blending both those theories together and linking one to the other. Their logic isn't really so absurd that I would dismiss it instantly, but the real trouble about this theory is that we've pretty much been passing through the galactic rift for ages.

I highly doubt there's one little sweet spot which will trigger the Sun to start firing off massive CME's. I mean just how thin do they expect this strong "gravitational plane" to be? How long will it take for our solar system to transit through said gravitational plane? And furthermore, how can they even begin to predict exactly when we will be passing through the "absolute center" with such a precise date (which they say is the 21st of December... conveniently enough).
edit on 18/6/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
What is going to wipe out communication and food? NASA or the 'dark rift'? Your heading does not make this clear.
And can you give me a link where NASA actually says this? As in 'will' (the word you used) ie not 'could' or 'might' or 'possibly'.
There's a world of difference.
Thanks.
edit on 18-6-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Adding "soothe your conscience" might not be a good idea either. I can only imagine someone telling their wife/husband that they have had an affair, and the child they thought was their's... is not. They might feel better, unless this doesn't happen. Then they will be uber pissed.

How is that a bad thing? Things like that shouldn't be kept secret. I'd laugh if some of the dishonest people out there spilled everything they have ever done, and then this whole 2012 thing turned out to be BS. Their life would be ruined, but they'd probably deserve it for their underhanded ways.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
If all that occurs is a nasty kiss from the sun and it kills our electronics this year, then I will gladly accept that.

I'll take that over all of the other foreseen methods of doom that are out and in full flair. Honestly if NASA did know something, you honestly think they would tell us?....Why would they? If theres nothing they can do about it, and theres nothing we can do about it....whats the point?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

This is true. They wouldn't tell us, because if there was nothing anybody could do about it then it would just cause a massive global panic calamity.

Also, if the elite do have underground bunkers, they would just wait until the last minute, pile in, and close the hatch. They wouldn't be stupid enough to announce it, because people would just end up killing them to use the bunkers.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jordanAKbramsen

NASA says we are passing through a DARK RIFT in the galaxy and will wipe out communication and food

Ok, first off....

1. No, they don't

2. No such thing exists

3. No, it won't

and

4. No, it won't

First off, 1. NASA has said no such thing....

Secondly, There is no "Dark Rift", because it is merely the absence of light from gas clouds and nebula

en.wikipedia.org...

The image "Showing" the "Dark Rift" on the OP's link's Website, is actually just a disc or spiral galaxy seen edge on....

And since a galaxy is a mixture of stars *AND* interstellar dusts, gasses, and nebula.... the light from the inner stars is partially blocked if you try to look at it from edge on...

Which is what this "Dark Streak" is.... it's just space dust.

Or, more accurately, the SHADOW of space dust.

Thirdly, this will not wipe out communication, because there is absolutely no mechanism for the communication to be disrupted by "The Shadow of Space Dust"

Fourthly, the food will be fine, mainly because this "Dark Band" is actually several hundred light years tall, and the earth has been WITHIN it, for the last several million years.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
ATS 101: Over sensationalize your headline and spread the doom and gloom thick & heavy in your post...and for what, to get a flag and/or a star? we got flags and stars next to our names in 2nd grade..do we really need to worry about them as adults on a conspiracy site?
edit on 18-6-2012 by alkesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Your nutjob source doesn't even quote the original hoax accurately. As has been pointed out, Alexia Dimitria should actually be Alexey Dimitriev. Neither exists.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
We are all aware of the grave possibilities as we reach this solar maximum. Nothing has been text book accurate since the beginning on this one so to keep a store of extras on hand to make it through just makes sense.

It could pass without much danger but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Know where your local safe places will be and keep your bugout handy.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing. Exodus CRAFT interesting now would you need to have some genetic adjustments to travel in craft
or do you think the (current human body) is suitable. Imagine if the ancients of EA*RTH MAN SOME left to RETURN later/NOW for SOME here, wouldnt they have needed adjustments to their bodies to say manage long space travel as its said the bodies would begin to change/ or even deteriorate due to lack of GRAVITY and SOL radiation for ALL STARS do not emmit the same radiations but DO emmit energy. I guess we shall see how things pan out if true OP data.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

When a website also claims to have found Nibiru I'm not going to take it seriously.
All those D.U.M.B.S. aren't built to survive space weather but against hordes of angry people tired of being used.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The hoax site in question has been discussed here before. The Russian that is mentione dint he article does not exist as an astronomer. That is no different from the fake Italian used to support the talltale that the Gulf Stream had stopped. This thead is just another in a long list of hoaxes in the 2012 forum.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
The hoax site in question has been discussed here before. The Russian that is mentione dint he article does not exist as an astronomer. That is no different from the fake Italian used to support the talltale that the Gulf Stream had stopped. This thead is just another in a long list of hoaxes in the 2012 forum.

I'm not digging on you here, this is a sincere question. If what you say above is true, and can be proven by you or anyone else in this thread, shouldn't this be sent to the HOAX Forum?

Because it needs to be if that's the case.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

ahhhhh the good ole days....

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Just a theoretical way to test the theoretical ideas...
Watch the government websites, especially NASA. Watch for updates in the format. Chances are, if the world is going to end soon, they're not going to spend any money or effort on updating their site in format, IPhone Apps, anything that requires a lot of work and finances. All TPTB groups will neglect keeping things up to date since "it's going to end anyway". So, when you see a month or two go by with no big updates or format changes, when there are no funds going into webpage design, when they look like they've fallen behind, when there are no more expenditures for long-term plans of any kind, then worry. Until that happens, know that we are safe by watching how much funding is put into long term ideas.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Thanks for sharing.

What is there to thank for? Wasn't that motto of this site to deny ignorance?
How someone can S&F and thank for posting a total garbage site is beyond me.

It's also funny how those doom nut crackers always says how NASA lies to them or holds back "the truth", but then on the other hand NASA is obviously good enough for claiming as a (fake) source for made up stories..as long as it fits their doomsday belief.

The layout of the cited site alone lets one conclude that the operators of the site are not the brightest...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

You do realize that not every X class solar flare is a threat to our planet?

You do realize that most power companies around the world as of late, now watch and keep an eye on the solar weather. The main reason for this is to shut power down in the case of a X class does hit the Earth, helping save many of their power systems (they didn't do this in 1859 because they didn't know).

You do realize that NASA has never stated any such thing about the "dark rift" (meaning doom and gloom)?

You do realize that the website that you are using as your source is not exactly what we'd call "credible" around here, right?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Have you ever looked up at the Milky Way and wondered WHY it is off 45 degrees?

If our Solar System has been spinning around the Milky Way forever....our Solar System plane would be the same as the Milky Way Galactic Plane.

The Milky Way is supposed to be East-West in the night sky, not North-South.

We were part of the Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy that crashed into the Milky Way and that's why we are 45* off of the Galactic Plane.

Our Solar System's bubble...the outer region of the solar system....is NOT protecting us as we spin around the Milky Way. Dark Matter is hitting our planet at the poles because we are 45* off the Galactic Plane.

That's the threat of us passing through the Dark Rift. I bet none of you ever even noticed the Milky Way is North-South in the sky and wondered WHY. If we had been in the Milky Way for Billions of years....we'd be on the same Galactic Plane as the Milky Way. But we weren't. We're from the Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have a thread on this topic in which there is a discussion about how some people get issues wrong and then assign the source of their mistaken beliefs to the very place where the statement says they are wrong. In this case there is the claim that NASA says something about the dark rift. It just might be that NASA stated that this was baloney. The reader gets it wrong and it seems that sometimes the error is attributed to those that say it isn't so.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe this might be one of those cases. What do you say OP?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

If our Solar System has been spinning around the Milky Way forever....our Solar System plane would be the same as the Milky Way Galactic Plane.

That is wrong. I'll bet you believe that toilets in the southern hemisphere flush in the "other" direction.

Our Solar System's bubble...the outer region of the solar system....is NOT protecting us as we spin around the Milky Way. Dark Matter is hitting our planet at the poles because we are 45* off the Galactic Plane.

There is no protective bubble either.

That's the threat of us passing through the Dark Rift. I bet none of you ever even noticed the Milky Way is North-South in the sky and wondered WHY. If we had been in the Milky Way for Billions of years....we'd be on the same Galactic Plane as the Milky Way. But we weren't. We're from the Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy.

The orientation of the ecliptic is independent of the galaxy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join