It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sons/Daughters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Since fathers day is coming, I thought it might be appropriate to reflect a little bit on the importance of family and such.
Every day I learn something new about myself or life when I interact with my children.
What important lessons have your sons or daughters taught you?
The first thing that comes to mind for me is to always try to be happy for your healths sake and general well being.
My daughter has the heart of a champ because no matter what she is going through, she seems to have nothing but positivity and love for life. It's inspirational and I admire that about her.
Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I´ve learned, or better to say re-learned much from my kids.
Some really would wonder how wise a kid can be.
In its word choice and though they yet don´t know how the world works, they know how it should be working!

-Why do you (grown people) fight wars when you teach to me to be peacefully?
-Why do you and mum "fight" sometimes over so unimportant things while the sun shines for us in the garden? (5year old)

these are all poor examples but I hope fathers/mothers will know what I try to say.
We already had fathersday in Germany

Edit: You choose the wrong forum, I´m not often in the freshmans question forum, so will be most ATSers I suppose. Maybe you can reach more people if you ask a mod to move the thread into a general discussion forum
edit on 16-6-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
I´ve learned, or better to say re-learned much from my kids.
Some really would wonder how wise a kid can be.
In its word choice and though they yet don´t know how the world works, they know how it should be working!

-Why do you (grown people) fight wars when you teach to me to be peacefully?
-Why do you and mum "fight" sometimes over so unimportant things while the sun shines for us in the garden? (5year old)

these are all poor examples but I hope fathers/mothers will know what I try to say.
We already had fathersday in Germany

Edit: You choose the wrong forum, I´m not often in the freshmans question forum, so will be most ATSers I suppose. Maybe you can reach more people if you ask a mod to move the thread into a general discussion forum
edit on 16-6-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

Kids aren't infected with the reality of life yet, so they're pure in their actions for the most part. When you're younger, things aren't so complicated, and things are well even in the worst of times. I see the same thing in animals. Nothing can break their spirit it seems

ps: I posted in the frushmaen forums cuz ima n00v

new topics

join