It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Race: Holding ourselves back since year dot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Can you imagine what we as a species could achieve if we stopped fighting over territory's and religion. If we stopped fighting over commodities such as oil. Fine we should stand up against regimes that oppress us, protest against those who try to drown us out, but why fight each other?

Can we not, as a SPECIES, work together towards a common goal. We all live on the same rock, we all share the same air, the same water, the same emotions, the same feelings. Hopefully a day will come when we realize how insignificant we are in the grand scheme of things, how insignificant that piece of land is we are paying for with human life.

Imagine what we could acomplish if the AMericans, Russians, China, Japan joined together, created unimaginable technology, to put humans on mars, to take man where man has never been before. To make the world a good place for everybody. Until we get past this ridiculous 'power mad' phase this species will always be known as a species of parasites, take what they can and move on.

What frustrates me is thinking about what we can already do, the true power of the human brain fascinates me and what are we using it for? Nothing, people who try to do good get shot down and the people who shoot them down get the influence.

Imagine if we wernt spending millions every hour on war, imagine what that money could do in one country alone. Imagine if the man who invented free energy for all was allowed to prosper, imagine if money in Africa was spent on its people rather than hidden away by dictators.

One day someone with power, someone who people listen to will just stand up and say 'whats the fu_cking point'. 'So what if they have more oil than us, we will make our own energy form thats even better'.

Just imagine how great this world, our lives, your kids lives could be if the human race wasnt so damn small minded. Just grow the # up please.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Indeed it would be amazing, but will never happen. We SHOULD be able to stand together and up for each other just because we care how our fellow man is doing THIS DAY. I believe that is what we are meant to do, but we allow wedges to be put between us for whatever reason.

A House Divided Can Not Stand.

The world is in a pretty appalling mess and the fault lies at all of our feet regardless of religion, color, sex, nationality, etc.

We are continuously pitted against each other and we continually fall for it. We will continue to fall for it until humans no longer walk the face of this planet I fear. It is a sad state with no end in sight. If wishing made it so....

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The burning of the Library of Alexandria set mankind back a couple hundred years alone. Of course... even if it didn't get burned all the information would have been suppressed by the Catholic Church regardless.

That is not a poke at religion either. That is a fact. Just imagine where we'd be right now if we were 200-300 years ahead of where we are right now with technology and other studies. Life on planets maybe? Lifespans drastically above today's? It would have been the future of the 1950's, except colorful.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

2nd

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Good point about the 1950s view of the future, maybe that's what they had us down to be when going down that current track. Shame they didn't budget for oil in that vision...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

The short answer is no. While the smallest percent control the majority of the wealth, it will always be this way. TPTB keep us divided on so many fronts we couldn't come together if it would save us collectively to do so.

It seems like every time we turn around there's another barrier between people. Age, race, religion, country, you name it. The problem is to end this division means a few will lose their trillion dollar industries.

Don't think I don't agree with you. We could be so much further along than we are if we all worked together toward our own evolution. But to do that requires a "wake up" that will expose those that want us kept us in the dark, and one done en masse.

I've always hoped for a world without borders or division, but the likelihood is our generation won't see it in our lifetimes, and it's more likely we'll extinct ourselves before we see it.
edit on 16-6-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
In that case I suggest that each of us try to befriend somebody in at least 10 different countries and invite them here.

Simple enough start.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join