It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Leaked document reveals new power for multinational corporations, threatens US sovereignty

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Wow, very troubling. Congress better wake up right now!

Yes, and how many times has Obama bypassed Congress?
Many other times, and most important going to war without Congressional
Approval! (Use of military force without prior authorization by Congress
thomas.loc.gov...:H.CON.RES.107: )

Hello, impeach Obama! Too many things to list, but can all be found here,
and even his own (Democrat) party is in panic mode.

Panic is setting in among the people who ran the Democratic Party prior to the miraculous arrival on the scene of Barack Hussein Obama and the perfect storm of events that propelled him into the White House.

These people, starting with Bill Clinton, the master Democratic politician of our era, can read the tea leaves, and the following factors alarm them:
www.americanthinker.com...

edit on 14-6-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
reply to post by Germanicus

There are no ethics or morals in capitalism, there is only profit. Hence any businessman, it matters not which country they are originally from, will screw over both friend and foe. The only alliances are temporary and based on "how much do I get" at the time. So this is nothing new under the sun, just more blatant and flagrant presentation of reality and the corrupt psychopathic "ruling class."

Cheers - Dave

Your post made me think of something (I hope it's not too off-topic). If the Government wanted businesses to be more responsible when it comes to the environment and still wanted them to stay around to keep their businesses here, why don't they give big and small businesses who prove to strive to be more environmentally friendly some serious breaks? Think of the recycling and energy-saving your boss would force you to do at work if it meant more tax breaks for the company? As it stands right now I know for a fact that small businesses get squat for recycling or using energy-saving devices. That whole trading carbon footprint bull$%^& sure as hell isn't working, but it is making a select few very rich.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Everything they do threatens U.S. sovereignty.

This is simply more fruit to their basket.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

There are no ethics or morals in capitalism, there is only profit. Hence any businessman, it matters not which country they are originally from, will screw over both friend and foe. The only alliances are temporary and based on "how much do I get" at the time. So this is nothing new under the sun, just more blatant and flagrant presentation of reality and the corrupt psychopathic "ruling class."

Cheers - Dave
I think you mean authoritarianism, not capitalism. The current administration with legalized citizen assassination, government sponsored computer viruses, drones flying over the states and spying on citizens, forced health insurance, double-speaking president, etc., etc., is far beyond the nightmare portrayed in the book '1984'.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
Did you even read the OP or do you just hate America so much you twist everything into that limited framework. How is allowing another country and foreign companies to OVERRULE American law on US soil a sign of American Imperialism?

THANK YOU!!!! I have not posted here on ATS in quite some time, but this thread is making me FURIOUS with the extreme hatred and IGNORANCE that is flowing from Germanicus (not that I'm really surprised, to be honest)

What I am surprised about is that nobody else is calling him out on his BS. So for that I thank you, OccamsRazor04. Please keep up the good work!

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by iceofspades

It never ends with the American Governments Imperialism does it?

God I wish America would leave the Pacific alone and stop.

What the hell is wrong with them? Our part of the world finally becomes the new power and now the United States muscles in with its military and diplomats. Its sickening.

edit- I doubt anyone will have the guts to make an appeal because if they did, they know that they would go on the United States' # list. And people wonder why so many around the world have a problem with the United States. They even try to screw their 'friends'. This kind of thing is why so many South Koreans hate the United states Government for example..

edit on 13-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

Germanicus, it's quite obvious your hatred for the USA has BLINDED you to the point of making absolutely NO sense whatsoever in your posts. To the point where what you say has absolutely nothing at all to do with the topic at hand. What you have said is so "off" that it's basically a non-sequitur.

Normally your anti-US bias is quite obvious, but at least you base it on something that's real, something that's actually happening. You have your personal opinion on what's going on, and that's fine. I may disagree with you, but whatever, we all have different opinions.

But this case is different. Why, you may ask? Because you are FLAT OUT WRONG about what is happening. You are ignorant to what the situation posted about in the OP actually is. I will try to help you here.

You are carrying on about US Imperialism, the US bothering Pacific nations, etc. OK, please remind me what this has to do with the OP's article? Nothing. Nothing at all. This is NOT about the US harassing ANYONE, this is NOT about the US getting involved in ANYONE'S business.

I'll explain this in the most simple terms possible so that you may more clearly understand, and next time perhaps take time to READ and COMPREHEND something before flying off the handle preaching your US hating BS.

You see, the US has laws. All countries have laws. When a business is operating in a country (in this case, the USA) they have to follow the laws of the country in which they are operating (again, in this case, the USA)

Now, what this thread is about, what the OP's article about, is that they are trying to make it so that FOREIGN companies (NOT US companies) who operate inside the USA do NOT have to follow our laws.

I'll repeat that, because it's obvious that you completely missed it while reading the OP's article (you did read the OP's article, right?)

They are trying to allow FOREIGN companies to operate INSIDE THE USA and NOT FOLLOW THE LAWS OF THE USA. Do you understand that? Please say yes, because it's a simple concept and I don't know how else to break it down for you.

So what we have here, is you either not reading, or failing to comprehend the article in the OP, and then using said article to attack the US. When, in fact, the US is the one under attack should the things mentioned in the article come to pass.

Surely you're against this, right? If a company operates inside the USA, they should have to follow the laws of the USA. Right? That's all this thread is about. Obama is trying to allow foreign companies operating in the US to NOT follow US law.

This has ZERO to do with Imperialism, harassing other countries, or anything else you love talking about so much. Please, next time you are going to spew hatred for the USA, at least make sure you are on solid ground before you start screaming.

edit on 14-6-2012 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
And I thought GWB was bad.....Obama is the most anti-american president in our history.....

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Explanation: Hmmm?

From the pdf linked previously in this thread ...

Personal Disclosure: Such a nice cherry ... some might find it a little bitter to their own tastes though!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Its not America per say that is driving this action you witness, it is the international corporations behind the government funding that is to blame.
edit on 14-6-2012 by GrandHeretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Obama is officially a fascist in my book.

It's not "just" US sovereignty -- it means that US corporations on our soil, have to compete with foreign companies where they can go to some rubber stamp arbitration committee to lower the bar on labor, environmental and other standards. It means that what's left of US manufacturing and local business will get gutted.

Bush pushed the Patriot Act and a bogus war on terror. Got us into wars for resources. Shamed America with a useless torture program.

Now Obama adds the "one two punch" and along with the NDAA and the military "instant non-citizen act" we now have the US Company's days are numbered treaty.

The game plan here is for Dems and Repugs to play good cop, bad cop, and turn us all into indentured servants. I always felt Obama was Republican light -- but I didn't quite believe he was one of the Neo-Feudalists.

>> I'm going to wait to see if it's actually his administration that pushed this -- but if it's true -- then despite the gibbering pleasure it will bring to the usual trolls, I wouldn't spit in this President if he were on fire. There's no difference between this man and the Clown Show we saw called the Republican debates. It wouldn't matter if Newt Gingrich were President. They are just errand boys for multinational corporations just like our POS CIA.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Did you even read the OP or do you just hate America so much you twist everything into that limited framework. How is allowing another country and foreign companies to OVERRULE American law on US soil a sign of American Imperialism?

It is starting to make me physically sick dealing with all this anti-american bs.

To the Honourable The Speaker and Members of the House of Representatives This petition of concerned citizens draws to the attention of the House: The Australian government is negotiating a Trans-Pacific Partnership free trade agreement (TPPA) with the US, New Zealand, Chile, Peru, Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam. But the agenda is being set by giant US corporations. They see many Australian health, social, cultural and environmental policies are barriers to trade which should be removed. They want to use the negotiations to undermine the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme and charge higher prices for medicines, to give special rights for corporations to sue governments, to remove labelling of genetically modified food, to undermine local jobs and fair employment conditions for government contracts, and to weaken policies for Australian content in film, television and digital media. They also oppose including enforceable labour rights and environmental protections in the agreement.

parlinfo.aph.gov.au...;page=0;query=TPPA;rec=0;resCount=Default

Is this guy 'anti-american'? Is he?

Your Government is an Imperial Monster. Stop being complicit.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic

Its not America per say that is driving this action you witness, it is the international corporations behind the government funding that is to blame.

Right -- but if we have a government that can't even slap the wrist of BP when it kills an ocean, a government that can't put pressure on Japan to deal with the Fukishima melt down, a government that cannot arrest anyone after trillions on Wall Street go missing -- the Multinational Corporations pushing this legislation ARE OUR GOVERNMENT.

Our military is merely a leg breaker for companies that want cheap labor and resources. Our CIA sells our data to private corporations and even marketing firms -- while they pretend to fret about a bogie man they created called al Qaeda.

The whole thing is a farce -- an absolute farce. And nothing can be FIXED until we break this corrupt useless system that is only waiting for an opportune moment to stab us in the back.

Jobs aren't coming back. Your next job will not pay more than your last one. Everyone will make due with less and less and be employed to rip off fellow Americans or be unemployed and desperate.

This is how you boil a frog folks. And I'm not with the annoying birthers, nor the people who call him a "manchurian candidate" for Muslims -- that's nonsense. Obama is far worse than that; he's a Neo Feudalist and he isn't betraying us to any country -- he's betraying us to Multinationalists who are far, far more brutal than any nation.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic

Where do they all come from? Delaware. Delaware.

We cant vote in your Imperial Eleections.
Only you guys can fix your government.
If you think your government is bad to you guys, then take some time to look at how it treats the rest of the world. 'Friends' included.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I've gotta take your side on this Germanicus -- this is about interest groups betraying America. America didn't hand over our future to a bunch of crooks -- our Government did.

America is the PEOPLE in the country -- not the flag, not the government and not some plot of land with a fence around it -- it is the PEOPLE.

This trade agreement sells us out. It allows foreign corporations to do nearly anything they want and to lower the standards in their favor. US-only companies are toast with this sort of policy.

When we criticize this kind of nonsense -- it isn't AMERICA -- it's a bunch of powerful robber barons who have used up too much oxygen that is better left to Vultures.
edit on 14-6-2012 by VitriolAndAngst because: I forgot to add props to Germanicus.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

I've gotta take your side on this Germanicus -- this is about interest groups betraying America. America didn't hand over our future to a bunch of crooks -- our Government did.

America is the PEOPLE in the country -- not the flag, not the government and not some plot of land with a fence around it -- it is the PEOPLE.

This trade agreement sells us out. It allows foreign corporations to do nearly anything they want and to lower the standards in their favor. US-only companies are toast with this sort of policy.

When we criticize this kind of nonsense -- it isn't AMERICA -- it's a bunch of powerful robber barons who have used up too much oxygen that is better left to Vultures.
edit on 14-6-2012 by VitriolAndAngst because: I forgot to add props to Germanicus.

I actually want Americans to take back their governments and stay on top. I am far from anti-american. I get so many haters thinking I hate America. Its not true. But if you people wont fix things then you make china look awesome.

And I know it sells you out. The corporatists are hurting you guys too. I dont know why so many keeo defending them. Or, like in this thread the issue is turned into a pathetic partisan thing. It has nothing to do with partisanship. Nothing to do with Democrats. D=R. R=D.

This is about Delaware corporations ripping off the world. American people included. Corporatism hurts us all.

Glad we agree

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Hmmm?

From the pdf linked previously in this thread ...

Personal Disclosure: Such a nice cherry ... some might find it a little bitter to their own tastes though!

I'm guessing by your point about "bitter" that we will both totally ignore all that boilerplate "nothing in this document is forcing you to lower your standards" nonsense. This is just the sugar coating so that in the Media they can point to it and say; "See, everyone is told they can be nice -- nothing to worry about." It's just hand-waving. If there is no ENFORCEMENT or any indication of what the standards are -- it's merely saying; "You guys can keep your standards high -- but you don't have to, wink wink!" You'll find these candy coatings on any number of truly cynical and evil bills that have been slowly turning this country into a banana Republic.

I've been around on this planet long enough to read between the lines. When the NDAA bill hit the press -- they all pointed to the clause; "None of this supersedes the rights or American citizens". Oh well, go back to sleep folks -- only those foreigners need to worry about having no rights and being disappeared. The next month a security bill for the military slips in a clause that makes it a matter of a little paperwork to turn any "suspected terrorist or terrorist supporter a non-citizen." How do we decide this? By someone in power saying they suspect it of course. Wow, I'm so glad there are checks and balances here -- maybe someone will play back a Powerpoint slide show on how they don't like that a journalist wrote an article about a treaty that would allow foreign multinationals to screw us.

If this treaty goes through -- I think I'm going to sell my house if I can, and moving my family. It's the last straw for me.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

It's really impossible to fix things in the USA -- and I say that with a heavy heart and not a little bit of pondering on the matter.

About 7 men are in control of about 90% of our Media. People don't even KNOW the right things to bicker about. Most people don't know that a good portion of our largest corporations pay less than 3% in taxes.

For people to debate and decide -- they need at least some facts to base them on. But for all but a few percent of the population who really dig on the Internet -- they are clueless. And a good portion of the data getting on the internet is also polluted by propaganda.

>> Occupy Wall Street was about the ONLY hope -- the only group that really understood the problem. They've been lambasted as "dirty hippies" when no completely ignored. They've been pepper-sprayed, stymied and arrested in large numbers.

The ONLY reason we don't have people getting killed or disappeared is because so far -- it isn't necessary. But the Patriot Act and other anti-American legislation allows for the Corp-Gov to destroy anyone who is too much of a nuisance - -and they don't need a trial. Your assets can be seized. And with the NDAA you can be renditioned -- after of course, a small formality to make you no longer a citizen and thus they find a loophole around the constitution.

>> So people are busy, tired, and confused. The elections in my state are on electronic voting machines -- run by corporations that answer to no-one but the people who handed them our Democracy. There is no paper trail unless a huge fuss is made.

But it is a death by a thousand cuts.

I used to work in Financial Services -- and I was well aware that I made my living helping a parasite. But that's your options these days unless you are a doctor, a teacher, a farmer or someone who actually DOES something that helps others -- you either starve, or you repossess cars -- you do something that takes from someone else.

>> I mean -- I can't even call a Utility Company anymore -- they are just shell companies with a billing address. I can't even yell at an Indian phone operator -- it's all computerized touch tone. And some of our Banks we bailed out, are going to move their customer service to the Philippines -- too big to fail but just the right size to move 40,000 jobs?

I think something would budge if we had about 10 million angry Americans move en mass -- but if you tried to organize something that was actually a threat to the status quo -- there are too many new "security state" laws, and our FBI's main job when not urging drug addled losers to construct paper maché bombs is to infiltrate activist organizations and throw rocks to get them in trouble with the law.

I don't take healthy criticism of the US as anti-American. I'm well aware that we've got mercenaries being hired to kill Union organizers for Chiquita Banana. I'm just not aware of how we can get out of this mess unless we get really, really organized and create our own trade system that ignores currency and we self-organize away from a dependence on both Multinationals and Governments.

It's time we all recognized that the people of other nations are not our enemy -- it's the people in power who want us all distracted from what they do to us. So the citizens of every country need to find a way to cut our rulers and robber barons out of our lives. Borders are transparent to money and multinationals --- it's time that we quit treating Australian, Chinese and other people as anything but allies.

Otherwise I think we are screwed. The people manipulating us have too much wealth, spying technology, and organization to allow anyone to win at their game.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

And that has what to do with the OP? Nothing? Thought so.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Because we need the business? What does that say about our "condition". Hey foreign corporate scumbags. You want access to American markets? Well lookie here. We suspended EPA regulations, minimum wage and unions just for you. Come, come all and crap on our nation.

I am so looking forward to making Nike' tennis shoes for 50 cents an hour in a factory with a dirt floor.
Yes, yes. Thank you Mr Chairman.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

And that has what to do with the OP? Nothing? Thought so.

Nope, nothing at all to do with it. He conveniently ignored my post completely, and only responded to your other post with, as I said before, basically a non-sequitur.

It's along the lines of someone posting an article about how 99% of people think cats are cute and cuddly, and then going "More proof of American imperialism!!!, why won't America leave other countries alone! Cats!"

He seems to think anything and everything that happens anywhere is always an attack from the USA against another country (usually Australia for some odd reason)

I'm still trying to figure out how INTERNATIONALLY owned corporations refusing to follow the laws of the USA, while operating inside the USA, has anything to do with the US being imperialistic, or can be twisted into the US bothering pacific countries. There is actually a country in the pacific under attack because of this, and its name is the United States of America. The US it the victim in this, not Australia or anybody else. God only knows how he was able to twist that into his typical "the US is evil and bothering everybody else" monologue.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades
Leaked Document

Commentary: Troubling news indeed. I must admit, I thought better of the Obama administration than this. To, as a leader, allow such a clear violation of sovereignty is appalling. I'm eager to hear from you all though. What's your take?

You "thought BETTER of the Obama Administration than this" ?!?

I guess waking up to who or what Obama is after 3 & a half years is better than never. Obama is as corrupt as they come. He does NOT care what happens to this country or its citizens. Obama is all about Obama.
edit on 14-6-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join